• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Anyone Think Burn a Koran Day is a Good Idea?

Is it a Good Idea?

• Total voters

repeter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Title really says it all. Personally, I don't think there is any good reason to actually burn a Quran.

Title really says it all. Personally, I don't think there is any good reason to actually burn a Quran.

Unless you're stranded in a library due to climactic climate change and at risk of freezing to death in sub-zero temperatures. It might be justified then.

No, but I did enjoy everyone draw Mohammed day.

Unless you're stranded in a library due to climactic climate change and at risk of freezing to death in sub-zero temperatures. It might be justified then.

Or if one has some hot dogs and no charcoal stranded on a desert isle after a three hour tour.

I think it is a horrible idea and will not achieve anything positive......... that said, it is a protected right, a stupid idea but a protected right.

I'd burn those Twilight books first! Sappy ass vampire romance novels. They really don't know how dangerous it is to romanticize the undead!

But in reality, there's no reason for this preacher to do what he's doing. It's a dumb move that won't have any positive affect.

The only good part about that movie was the beginning. It was bad after the storm hit LA.

I'd burn those Twilight books first! Sappy ass vampire romance novels. They really don't know how dangerous it is to romanticize the undead!

But in reality, there's no reason for this preacher to do what he's doing. It's a dumb move that won't have any positive affect.
religious idiots in Florida rarely have good reasons for what they do. Do you remember the mayor who banned Satan from her city by public proclamation? :roll:

religious idiots in Florida rarely have good reasons for what they do. Do you remember the mayor who banned Satan from her city by public proclamation? :roll:
:lamo

Damn, someone should have thought of that 4000 years ago. It would have saved us all a lot of work!

Personally I think that it's dumb to burn any book period. Though I will admit that on occasion I do wish that the Koran never existed. And before anyone gets into a tiff I would and will say the same thing about the Christian bible. And no I'm not an athiest, or an agnostic. I just think that organized religion is nothing more than a power grab.

The special effects were pretty fun at first, but then I just started thinking about being cold.

Yep. The boat scene in NYC was cool. After that I just questioned how that little fire kept them all warm.

churchlady.jpg
?

I think the Q'uran burning and the location of the NYC mosque are of equal stupidity. Both protected but in poor taste.

I don't see an option that reflects my views.

Do I see anything wrong with burning ANY book? No.

Will I be burning any books. No.

I don't support or encourage the idea, but if someone else wants to do it, it won't bother me in the slightest.

It's a short step from burning books to burning people and it's a long damn fall afterwards.

No, all it does is inflame hatred, and will probably result in the death of US troops who might not've died otherwise, or who would've at least died in service of something more meaningful than defending this stupidity and hatred.

I think the Q'uran burning and the location of the NYC mosque are of equal stupidity. Both protected but in poor taste.
I completely agree. They have every right to build a mosque and burn a book, but it would be in poor taste, "not a good idea", to do so. Maybe people who are so adamant in supporting the idea of this mosque should see this parallel.

No, all it does is inflame hatred, and will probably result in the death of US troops who might not've died otherwise, or who would've at least died in service of something more meaningful than defending this stupidity and hatred.

I wonder how many held that same view when the media showed that Abu-grab-an-Arab(Abu Ghurayb/Abu Ghurayb) prison scandal photos. I did, however I have not seen any evidence that those photos really made a difference in troop deaths.

Personally I do not think there is any reason for you all to care if he burns a koran. Do you care if in the middle east if they burn bibles,American flags and other things American find offensive? Probably not. heck if someone here in the US wanted to burn bibles and christian groups were pissed you and others might make a thread how they are a bunch of crybabies who need to shut the **** up.

Personally I do not think there is any reason for you all to care if he burns a koran. Do you care if in the middle east if they burn bibles,American flags and other things American find offensive? Probably not. heck if someone here in the US wanted to burn bibles and christian groups were pissed you and others might make a thread how they are a bunch of crybabies who need to shut the **** up.

I agree. The muslims who are mad about this can **** off. They burn the American flag and find no issue with it ... so they have ZERO room to talk.

What if they burned a stack of Korans, but there were no news cameras or reporters present?

And how did 'Vincent" vote 57 times?

It's a short step from burning books to burning people and it's a long damn fall afterwards.

if this were the state proposing to burn the koran, then i might find your comment valid

but since this is the action of a private person who seeks to vent his misplaced anger in a misplaced manner, there is no rational fear of a fall

Back
Top Bottom