• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Anyone Still Believe ANYTHING Obama says?

Does anyone still believe Obama?

• Total voters
He cited International law in order to convey (or attempt to) the fact that the US is not merely acting on its own discretion and in its own interests, but rather attempting to uphold widely held humanitarian standards. You've misinterpreted the entire dialogue and overreacted as a result.

He cited International law in order to convey (or attempt to) the fact that the US is not merely acting on its own discretion and in its own interests, but rather attempting to uphold widely held humanitarian standards. You've misinterpreted the entire dialogue and overreacted as a result.

so says ever the apologist...

attempting to uphold widely held humanitarian standards.
Like democracy standart:

democracy 2.jpg

That explains why we have more allies signing on with us than we can manage.

so says ever the apologist...
You don't have to be an apologist to realize you absolutely butchered your interpretation. Nuance doesn't come easily for some I suppose.

Obama drew the line in the sand because the entire world is with him realizing the level of genius and legendary courage required to stare down Putin and the party of no. From health care to saving refugees, we can be grateful to have such a man who puts the L in leadership, day in and day out, while Putin and Assad run scared, being clearly outwitted

You don't have to be an apologist to realize you absolutely butchered your interpretation. Nuance doesn't come easily for some I suppose.

Oh me oh my, ...:lamo

The gymnastics you kids go through to look yourselves in the mirrors...

there is nothing outside the text...

Nuance schmuance...

Does he really think we are too stupid to remember his words? He said it here is a short video of him setting the red line and then him denying that he set a red line.

Obama drew the line in the sand because the entire world is with him realizing the level of genius and legendary courage required to stare down Putin and the party of no. From health care to saving refugees, we can be grateful to have such a man who puts the L in leadership, day in and day out, while Putin and Assad run scared, being clearly outwitted

Huh? what the hell are you saying. What is the end game? We send in a few tomahawks kill a bunch of civilians for the Assad regime to put on TV. Then Assad continues to gas sunnis. Who are we supporting? al-Qaeda? The world is laughing at us and you think everything is coming up roses. Where do you people come from?

Obama is weasel. He refuses to take responsibility for his own words. This guy is not a leader. How many times have we watched him deflect blame. The American people are idiots for electing this shyster to Two terms.

Last edited:
The butthurt is strong with these nutters.

I never believed him from the get go. I said he'd be another George W. Bush. I was right.

I don't think this is fair to Dubya. While deeply inadequate as President, Bush Jr apparently mostly did believe what he was saying. Whenever Obama opens his mouth, I feel like I need a pair of tall rubber boots, a shovel and a bucket.

I can't believe I had considered voting for this character once....

I don't think this is fair to Dubya. While deeply inadequate as President, Bush Jr apparently mostly did believe what he was saying. Whenever Obama opens his mouth, I feel like I need a pair of tall rubber boots, a shovel and a bucket.

I can't believe I had considered voting for this character once....

Bush ran on a "no nation building" policy and then began our over decade war of nation building. Please.

No vote - another overly rigged poll....The possible replies cannot be honest.
News flash....President Obama is a politician....many do not seem to know this.

And, I do believe him - as a politician.
The ones I cannot believe are his conservative - extremist distracters.

Bush ran on a "no nation building" policy and then began our over decade war of nation building. Please.

After 9.11

Can you, honestly, point to any American politician you would expect to keep a cool head "under the circumstances"?

Look, I am not any kind of Bush apologist. Never voted for the guy, even though Gore and Kerry made the temptation really hard to resist. All I am saying, he comes across as a limited, well-meaning bloke, way over his head. Obama is something else and something worse. If only because he is supposed to "know
better".

Nonsense. That is what the UN, that we fund way too much, is suppsosed to be all about; not allowing the unilateral decision of superpowers to justify thumping on less powerful nations. Note that Saudi Arabia is simply wanting the U.S. to give Syria a smack down and Turkey is bowing out. It is not the job of the USA to play world policeman while actually paying others to do so. If we have that world job then we should get the requisite world paycheck for doing that job, and not pay any "dues" to the UN.

After 9.11

Can you, honestly, point to any American politician you would expect to keep a cool head "under the circumstances"?

Look, I am not any kind of Bush apologist. Never voted for the guy, even though Gore and Kerry made the temptation really hard to resist. All I am saying, he comes across as a limited, well-meaning bloke, way over his head. Obama is something else and something worse. If only because he is supposed to "know
better".

I'm expecting our politicians to not get us into a 10+ year quagmire full of debt and dead Americans. I don't think that's unreasonable.

There is nothing to interpret. He said HE did not put down a red line. A year ago, he did. Thus, he lied.

It must be so frustrating for modern day politicians, that whole video tape thing.

I'm expecting our politicians to not get us into a 10+ year quagmire full of debt and dead Americans. I don't think that's unreasonable.

You expectations are straight out of some utopian science fiction...still admirable, in a way. But unless you expect the duumvirate of Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul to assume the sacred Consuls' power any time soon....

Huh? what the hell are you saying. What is the end game? We send in a few tomahawks kill a bunch of civilians for the Assad regime to put on TV. Then Assad continues to gas sunnis. Who are we supporting? al-Qaeda? The world is laughing at us and you think everything is coming up roses. Where do you people come from?

Well someone apparently didn't wake up today with hope and change? Amazing how the negative party of no and their minions are trying their best to drag Obama down...But we see right through it, and just in a few months Millions of healthcare jobs are going to be created and a world wide coalition of love and justice will sweep Syria into submission, and you will have missed it all blinded in your arrogance.

Back
Top Bottom