• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Anyone Really Think Corker/Hoeven Wrote That Amendment?

Drake McHugh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Very hard to believe that out of nowhere two back benchers come up with a large amendment like that. One that on the surface(but not in actual practice)is stronger than the Cornyn amendment(which Obama and Reid opposed). Now all the Democrats support it? Seems very odd to me.

Very hard to believe that out of nowhere two back benchers come up with a large amendment like that. One that on the surface(but not in actual practice)is stronger than the Cornyn amendment(which Obama and Reid opposed). Now all the Democrats support it? Seems very odd to me.

Perhaps they know that once all the illegals get amnesty then any enforcements measures can be gutted or neutered.

It lacks a key element of the Cornyn amendment that the demorats really like; it lacks any secure border enforcement guarantee as a precondition for the "amnesty" portion of this mess to take immediate effect. ;)

Back
Top Bottom