• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does Anyone Know How to Go about Buying A Music Video?

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
For years now I've wanted to have a personal music video "library" I can put on my computer, or into a CD player for a home screen use to dance to or for parties.

To do that I've wanted to start my own personal collection of Music Videos that won't get "interrupted" by advertising (like on YouTube).

Recall, one can/could buy records, tapes, and now CD's of the music itself for playlists. Back in the grand old days of MTV being an actual MUSIC station you could record and use the Music Videos on VHS. (I miss the old MTV!) :cry:

If you went out Clubbing or owned one, you could buy the VHS versions for use in clubs as background music.

Anyone know where a person can buy the videos on DVD to create one's own playlist NOW?

Last edited:
Use Youtube with an ad blocker.

There are many sources to buy music video content as well as programs to download, edit and save “free” (e.g. YouTube) music video content.

Thanks.

1. The Amazon link appears to be offers to buy albums. I'm not really interested in albums, just individual content music videos so I can create a personal play-list. I'll search through it to see if it offers "singles" in the various genre's I like. :unsure:

2. The Clideo.com option looks very promising. I really appreciate the info. THANKS!!! (y)

Use Youtube with an ad blocker.

I appreciate the suggestion. :)

But the problem with that is if the video is deleted by YouTube, or "blocked" for some reason by either the source or some claim by the owners.

I appreciate the suggestion. :)

But the problem with that is if the video is deleted by YouTube, or "blocked" for some reason by either the source or some claim by the owners.

That can happen but it's not as bad as it used to be with the music. It's also easy to just ad another source for the same song to the playlist. With an adblocker Youtube is the best music streaming service around IMO.

VLC Media Player is capable of downloading anything on YouTube.

1. Open YouTube and find the video you want.
2. Copy the entire URL of the clip.
3. Open VLC and select "OPEN NETWORK STREAM."
4. Paste YouTube URL and once video starts, hit CTRL+J or select TOOLS, then CODEC INFORMATION.
5. At the bottom of the box, go to LOCATION and copy the ENTIRE URL, which is VERY VERY LONG, get all of it.
6. Open your browser and paste URL.
7. When video plays in your browser, RIGHT click on video and SAVE AS.
8. Video will save as (usually) an MP4 on your local machine or hard drive or wherever you wish to save it.

It also works on pretty much all Vimeo clips as well, and quite possibly on a lot of other platforms, try it out and see how many other sources it will work with.
(As far as I know, it does not work with Facebook videos, at least not yet.)

Back
Top Bottom