• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does anyone here work for their party?

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
With the elections coming up at the end of the year... I wonder if there are folks here [or will be] that actually work (get paid) for their party and will attempt to utilize our forum as a vote facilitator?

Wouldn't doubt it one bit...

vauge said:
With the elections coming up at the end of the year... I wonder if there are folks here [or will be] that actually work (get paid) for their party and will attempt to utilize our forum as a vote facilitator?

Yes, and the president is coming to Chicago tomorrow, I hope to get to meet him. Sadly, it's an uphill struggle to turn this state red, impossible really, I can't remeber the last time it was a red state?:confused:

Deegan said:
Yes, and the president is coming to Chicago tomorrow, I hope to get to meet him. Sadly, it's an uphill struggle to turn this state red, impossible really, I can't remeber the last time it was a red state?:confused:

If you think that'd be hard, wait till you check out my state of Minnesota, I don't think we've gone Republican since the 30's, and also I think for either Reagan or Nixon(don't remember), we were the only ACTUAL state the didn't vote for them, DC was the only place too. Also I live in the North-Eastern area, the entire northern area of the state were all DFL in the state congress, not a single Republican. Its a conservative nightmare here.

Deegan said:
Our last Governor was a Republican. It seems like most of our Governors end up in prison no matter which party the represent. :mrgreen:

Comrade Brian said:
If you think that'd be hard, wait till you check out my state of Minnesota, I don't think we've gone Republican since the 30's, and also I think for either Reagan or Nixon(don't remember), we were the only ACTUAL state the didn't vote for them, DC was the only place too. Also I live in the North-Eastern area, the entire northern area of the state were all DFL in the state congress, not a single Republican. Its a conservative nightmare here.

Minnesota rocks. So don't you be sayin' nothing against it. I may live in NC, but MN is home. :mrgreen:

vauge said:

I volunteer with several activist organizations.
In '06 I will be working my a** off to get rid of Santorum.

Deegan said:

Do you have to sign a loyalty oath to get in?

hipsterdufus said:
Do you have to sign a loyalty oath to get in?

:rofl No, I certainly do not.

I actually missed the speech due to a work overload, and was called to inquire as to why I didn't attend, I thought it odd.

Last edited:
Comrade Brian said:
1984 election. We were the only state not to give the electoral college votes to Reagan.

Minnesota's landscape is slowly changing. What used to be a liberal bastion is quickly turning red. When Wellstone's bus parked, we got Coleman. Who knows who will replace Dayton since he's not running again. (Al Franken has been hinting/threatening to go for the seat though). Of course, there's also the State congress members like Dick Day-R Owatonna and Michelle Bachman-R Stillwater who have attempted to bring their own brand of crazy to the laws. And the Republican Governor Pawlenty who took over at Ventura left (oh, how I miss Jesse). The big thing the Dems need to do to maintain control is to reverse spending and cut taxes. Otherwise, this is gonna get ugly.

As for politicians/parties, I haven't found one who has piqued my interest enough to support their campaign. (There are a couple ones locally, but they're pretty much shoo-ins that don't need the help).

I don't think I will be doing anything for the Libertarians any time soon.

I have a question. Don't people who work political parties have to declare that is what they do on blogs and forums due to campaign finance reform? I sure thought they did. Am I misinformed?

I plan to do nothing for the 2006 US elections! Just sit back and relax.:beer:

independent_thinker2002 said:
I have a question. Don't people who work political parties have to declare that is what they do on blogs and forums due to campaign finance reform? I sure thought they did. Am I misinformed?

There was a half assed, half cocked attempt to pass a bill that might, under some circumstances, be interpreted to read as such. Its incredibly doubtful as to whether such would hold up in court though.

Back
Top Bottom