• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

does anyone here eat roadkill?

While that's true a lot of stuff isn't worth the effort unless you're in VERY dire straits. For example, it may well take more energy to find, kill and cook a squirrel than you would get from eating it. Then again, if one just happens to be laying there kind of flattened at the end of your driveway....

Yeah, I realize that. Just commenting on the reality of predatory living. :lol: If it's flattened, I would pass on it. I only want the stuff that I know is fresh. ;)

Yeah, I realize that. Just commenting on the reality of predatory living. :lol: If it's flattened, I would pass on it. I only want the stuff that I know is fresh. ;)

See....you call it "flattened" while I call it "tenderized"!

I haven't tried it. It's just a practical manual and guide addressing the edibility of the things we find in nature. If push came to shove, I could take care of my own needs. To me, that is an essential skill for a human being.

I collect wild mushrooms,, herbs..etc..

My father was a Royal Marine Commando and taught me anything I would ever need to know about surviving..Including boxing..

One day he took me to a large rock pool and asked..''what can you see in here that you can eat?'' I told him i could see limpets..seaweed..small crabs...

He jumped into the rock pool to his thighs..put his hand under some rocks and pulled out a lobster..

''So you didn't see this then?'' :cool:

Why would anyone WANT to eat ****??

While I'd be perfectly willing to try opossum or raccoon or something I have to say that "want" wouldn't be part of the equation beyond pure curiosity. That being said, I have absolutely spent time making sure that I'm familiar with obtaining such critters because one never knows what tomorrow will bring.

While I'd be perfectly willing to try opossum or raccoon or something I have to say that "want" wouldn't be part of the equation beyond pure curiosity. That being said, I have absolutely spent time making sure that I'm familiar with obtaining such critters because one never knows what tomorrow will bring.

That's a really negative way of looking at life...

That's a really negative way of looking at life...

The way I see "negative" is in terms of not being able to survive if absolutely everything goes belly up. I don't plan on everything going to hell in a handbasket, I just plan on being prepared in case it does.

Only if you consider the possibilities of reality, negative.

I'm an optimist..I fight against negativity...and if life deals you lemons..make lemonade...:tink:

The way I see "negative" is in terms of not being able to survive if absolutely everything goes belly up. I don't plan on everything going to hell in a handbasket, I just plan on being prepared in case it does.

I wouldn't really bother with road kill..but if everything really went tits up..I'd eat you!!

I wouldn't really bother with road kill..but if everything really went tits up..I'd eat you!!

I don't know about "eat" but I'd certainly let you have a nibble here and there!

Roadkill?

Apparently I prefer my meat to raised in miserable confines so their future seems preferable, inoculated because said confines are dangerous for their health, and then be corralled, trucked to an abattoir, and to enter an innocent assembly line, then to be sweetly held and have their heads delicately severed from their bodies . . . I'm civilized, it makes much more sense to do things this way as opposed to being killed quickly while in their natural habitat.

I don't know about "eat" but I'd certainly let you have a nibble here and there!

You obviously don't know me when I am ''hungry''..:chew:

I'm an optimist..I fight against negativity...and if life deals you lemons..make lemonade...:tink:

There you go! Just think of roadkill stew as lemonade.....bloody, hairy, smelly lemonade.

Roadkill?

Apparently I prefer my meat to raised in miserable confines so their future seems preferable, inoculated because said confines are dangerous for their health, and then be corralled, trucked to an abattoir, and to enter an innocent assembly line, then to be sweetly held and have their heads delicately severed from their bodies . . . I'm civilized, it makes much more sense to do things this way as opposed to being killed quickly while in their natural habitat.
I work in a ''meaty environment''..we feed the masses..who think that pork chops are born in a polystyrene tray covered in clingfilm...The killing is brutal...Beef is electrocuted..hoisted up by one leg and gutted...sometimes still moving...then they go along a line to a guy with a chainsaw who cut off their hooves..I have seen these steers try to pull up their legs..not dead yet..

I work in a ''meaty environment''..we feed the masses..who think that pork chops are born in a polystyrene tray covered in clingfilm...The killing is brutal...Beef is electrocuted..hoisted up by one leg and gutted...sometimes still moving...then they go along a line to a guy with a chainsaw who cut off their hooves..I have seen these steers try to pull up their legs..not dead yet..

Exactly.

I firmly believe that everyone should have to kill and dress an animal at some point in their lives. It gives them a greater appreciation for where the food actually comes from.....or turns them into vegetarians thus leaving more for me.

I firmly believe that everyone should have to kill and dress an animal at some point in their lives. It gives them a greater appreciation for where the food actually comes from.....or turns them into vegetarians thus leaving more for me.

I honestly think that if I took 10 meat eaters for a visit..nine of them would swear never to eat meat again...

Just watching a prog on PBS America about people eating dead stuff they have found on the side of the road..

Please tell me this isn't true..

if i hit it,and its not too bruised,heck ya.

i cant waste good food,and if lets say i didnt hit a deer,but its rottingt on the side of the road,yet i will use a hacksaw to take its anterls,cuz i can.

Why are they too lazy to make sure the poor things are dead?

Why are they too lazy to make sure the poor things are dead?

They are on ''piece work''..that means the faster they go the more money they earn.

They are on ''piece work''..that means the faster they go the more money they earn.

Perhaps they should change it to a salary-based pay instead. I don't mind eating meat at all, but I think it should be killed as humane as possible. Mistakes are, of course, bound to happen occasionally, but if this type of thing is happening often, I would say some changes should be made.

Back
Top Bottom