• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does anyone have a database of earth temperatures?

tonyeveland

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

There is no accurate database. At least not accurate enough to state anything reasonable concerning a few degrees of change.

Of course.

And if you had the necessary training to interpret them, you’d know where they are.
Interpreting 1901=57.3, 1902=57.5, 1903=57.5 is easy.
But I still don't know where to find it.
Do you?
Or is being a smartass all you have?

Someone actually gave you the data, and you can't even put it in the format you want? Do your own homework.
Nobody gave me any data. What are you talking about?

Interpreting 1901=57.3, 1902=57.5, 1903=57.5 is easy.
But I still don't know where to find it.
Do you?
Or is being a smartass all you have?
No- there are plenty of databases.

Like I said…take some classes, read on the subject, and you’ll realize why putting data into untrained amateur hands is a recipe for terrible analysis.

No- there are plenty of databases.

Like I said…take some classes, read on the subject, and you’ll realize why putting data into untrained amateur hands is a recipe for terrible analysis.
A trend analysis on two data points is hard?

Do you actually have a list of each year with its average temp?

A trend analysis on two data points is hard?

Do you actually have a list of each year with its average temp?
Climate cultists dont have anything other than their usual false talking points.

Nobody gave me any data. What are you talking about?
There are several data sets.
GISS temperature
Global-mean monthly, seasonal, and annual means, 1880-present
can be selected as a csv or text file.
HadCrut5
The Global (NH +SH)/2 csv the fist column, but the description may have changed.
The RSS satellite data set, is much shorter, but has much better coverage.
Wood for trees lets you plot most of the major data sets, and extract the raw data.

Earth means land or dirt. Why would you want the temperature of rocks ?
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-ocean-heat-content#:~:text=Not%20only%20does%20water%20cover,in%20stabilizing%20Earth's%20climate%20system.
Not only does water cover more than 70 percent of our planet's surface, it can also absorb large amounts of heat without a large increase in temperature. This tremendous ability to store and release heat over long periods of time gives the ocean a central role in stabilizing Earth's climate system.
The land does not retain heat. The ocean does. And the ocean is the largest object on this planet, not the earth.

Earth means land or dirt. Why would you want the temperature of rocks ?
https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-ocean-heat-content#:~:text=Not%20only%20does%20water%20cover,in%20stabilizing%20Earth's%20climate%20system.

The land does not retain heat. The ocean does. And the ocean is the largest object on this planet, not the earth.
Perhaps we should all agree that the temperature data sets represents the average air temperature
as measured 2 meters off the ground.
Weather Talk: Temperature measured at 2 meters above ground

I can see it’s over your head already.

Seems to be a pattern...

We can. Not that it has any concern to the fact of the ocean acting as a heat dump.
Think for a second how the heat from the air enters the ocean. It is not happening in the infrared spectrum!

I am sure this seems like clever science to you. Not to anyone else though.
Heat moves according to strict laws of thermodynamics. It is not clever, but follows the rules. The supposed response of added CO2 is an increase is downward longwave radiation, but longwave radiation only penetrates a few mm into the water.

Heat moves according to strict laws of thermodynamics. It is not clever, but follows the rules. The supposed response of added CO2 is an increase is downward longwave radiation, but longwave radiation only penetrates a few mm into the water.
You really are ****ing useless when it comes to science. You actually think longwave is your only heat source. As usual you look to one shallow answer and are to lazy to do the research.

You really are ****ing useless when it comes to science. You actually think longwave is your only heat source. As usual you look to one shallow answer and are to lazy to do the research.
No I think any response to added CO2 happens in the longwave spectrum!

Back
Top Bottom