• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

does anyone find it odd that

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
right wing posters on this site are far more enamored of their talking heads than are left wing posters? glenn beck is a god, sarah palin is a queen. who are these people, really? they are people who were smart enough to capitalize on fear, no question. obama is a gift for them........because he's different, and, therefore, scary.

tells me that some people are easily led. you know who you are. turn off the tv, and the radio, get your news from varied sources, and read with a critical eye, no matter what the source.

right wing posters on this site are far more enamored of their talking heads than are left wing posters? glenn beck is a god, sarah palin is a queen. who are these people, really? they are people who were smart enough to capitalize on fear, no question. obama is a gift for them........because he's different, and, therefore, scary.

tells me that some people are easily led. you know who you are. turn off the tv, and the radio, get your news from varied sources, and read with a critical eye, no matter what the source.

No, haven't noticed that. But have noticed that Left Wingers continually ridicule the supposed Right Wing talking heads. Who are these people? Really. Is it fear? Or just good debate fodder?

No, haven't noticed that. But have noticed that Left Wingers continually ridicule the supposed Right Wing talking heads. Who are these people? Really. Is it fear? Or just good debate fodder?

if you haven't noticed, you're not looking.

no more odd than how enamoured liberals are with Obama. what I find odd is how liberals always want to attribute thoughts and feelings to conservatives that we don't really have.

you want to talk about enamoured??? just go back and look at all the footage of people swooning and fainting during Obama's campaign speeches. then come back and tell us how much more enamoured the cons are with Beck, Palin, Hannity, et al. I don't recall ever seeing anyone swoon over Glenn Beck. :mrgreen:

you want to talk about enamoured??? just go back and look at all the footage of people swooning and fainting during Obama's campaign speeches.

I'd fall asleep too if I had to listen to him for too long.

The left ridicule 'cause the right hold them up as figureheads, and the reverse is true for righties and Obama, the left hold him on a pedestal, and so the right ridicule him.

no more odd than how enamoured liberals are with Obama. what I find odd is how liberals always want to attribute thoughts and feelings to conservatives that we don't really have.

you want to talk about enamoured??? just go back and look at all the footage of people swooning and fainting during Obama's campaign speeches. then come back and tell us how much more enamoured the cons are with Beck, Palin, Hannity, et al. I don't recall ever seeing anyone swoon over Glenn Beck. :mrgreen:

really? posters on this board swoon over beck.

Good luck with this thread. It's like watching hari kari. ;)

Left and right pundits often shine a bright light on the ridiculous. They're kinda' nice to have around. The problem only develops when people just accept what they say and don't think for themselves. Both sides are guilty of that.

I think I have noticed there are more Conservatives onboard here. Yay! But the Liberals are sure noisier.

I challenge you to provide proof. can you give me 5 specific quotes from anyone on this board where they are swooning over Beck? forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

I challenge you to provide proof. can you give me 5 specific quotes from anyone on this board where they are swooning over Beck? forgive me if I don't just take your word for it.

When the left posts thread after thread demonizing, making fun of and lying about Beck, I stick up for him. They might call that swooning.
The left has accomplished one thing though. I am a bigger Beck fan now, than I ever was. I've felt obligated to watch and listen to him more often, especially since Media Matters seems to have made it a goal to destroy him.

I watch and read all media.
I credit those on the Right: Beck, Palin, Rush,Hannity,Levin,for waking us up and getting us involved with things that are going on in our country.
It seems the Right is getting jazzed and the left is becoming more and more frightened.
I really think Nov will be a turning point for this great country of ours.

P.S. I was afraid of what Obama would do to this country BEFORE he was elected. I did my homework (unlike the MSM) and knew what the man was about. The MSM during the campaign was more concerned with getting him elected by any means possible. They vetted Palin, demonized Palin. lied about Palin, to distract from Obama's associations, incompetance, and core beliefs. It had nothing to do with his race. In fact, that's the only thing I considered a plus for the man. I thought maybe he would be a uniter. That sure didn't happen.

Oh well,
God Bless all the conservative talk show hosts! You keep me sane!

Left and right pundits often shine a bright light on the ridiculous. They're kinda' nice to have around. The problem only develops when people just accept what they say and don't think for themselves. Both sides are guilty of that.

I think I have noticed there are more Conservatives onboard here. Yay! But the Liberals are sure noisier.

Well, Liberals sure seem meaner and angrier to me, than Conservatives. They seem to attack people for things other than whatever the topic is. They seem to name call more too, when they have nothing of substance to say about a person.

I think this shows that liblady is fearful. Nobody on the left is 1/4th as powerful as Glenn Beck. She knows her party will be run through the meat grinder in November and she's trying, desperate as it may be, to smear the right.

Liblady is one example of why I don't think the left should even be in control of this country again.

Its always been the way (Id be willing to bet that 40-50% of the right wing pundits audience is leftists)...and the same can be said that the liberal leaning folks here are at LEAST as obsessed with those same individuals. What s NOT mentioned very often is the left leaning pundits...probably because BOTH sides can see that they kinda suck.

What s NOT mentioned very often is the left leaning pundits...probably because BOTH sides can see that they kinda suck.

other than kieth oberman and alan combes...who the hell are the left leaning pundits? does that fat turd michael moore count?

other than kieth oberman and alan combes...who the hell are the left leaning pundits? does that fat turd michael moore count?

Alan Colms, isn't around much anymore. Michael Moore, not getting too much attention either.
That leaves (all on MSNBC) ED Shultz, Chris Mathews, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann. Those are the four top far far left pundits in my opinion.

i'll give you 2 posters....barbtx and mellie. please see the below post.

When the left posts thread after thread demonizing, making fun of and lying about Beck, I stick up for him. They might call that swooning.
The left has accomplished one thing though. I am a bigger Beck fan now, than I ever was. I've felt obligated to watch and listen to him more often, especially since Media Matters seems to have made it a goal to destroy him.

barb, please tell me where a poster has lied about beck. just once.

barb, please tell me where a poster has lied about beck. just once.

still waiting for that proof that members hear swooned over Beck. Bueller....Bueller.... that's what I thought

still waiting for that proof that members hear swooned over Beck. Bueller....Bueller.... that's what I thought

members HERE swoon over beck. ask barb and mellie. i'm not going to waste my time providing you with anything.

members HERE swoon over beck. ask barb and mellie. i'm not going to waste my time providing you with anything.

in other words..you made a claim you can't back up and now instead of admitting it you arrogantly claim "not gonna waste my time".

If you are not willing to provide evidence to back up your claims...don't make them.

Defending Beck from the relentless personal attacks launched by the left, is a far cry from "swooning".

Glenn Beck is on vacation this wekk, yet the attack threads just keep coming.

Back
Top Bottom