• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

does anyone find it odd that

thats kind of an ironical misspelling... ;)

And for the record...I think you are WAY left...but you aint all that bad in my book...

lol......i am not way left, seriously. i'm very moderate. i just can't stand beck, palin, et al. i also can't stand schultz and don't much like olbermann.

Me, got a problem with it? You don't deserve the respect of a lady, hun, so why call yourself one?

I'm not worried at all, it's fun to see liberals in the slaughter house!

and i didn't even have to report you.

right wing posters on this site are far more enamored of their talking heads than are left wing posters?

I see the same tendencies with BOTH the left and the right in that the farther you get from the middle, the greater the tendency towards dogmatism. Just try saying something about Chomsky, for instance, and with the reaction you will receive you might as well be assailing a god.

I see the issue here as being one of political orientation providing an undue influence over a person's identity. I am a such and such, therefore I think such and such. Indeed, the entire issue of conservatism in our country has been marketed in terms of identity politics, with the radio pundits constantly reinforcing the term conservative as something finite, and almost tribal in the way a group identity is encouraged.

Instead of people forming basic value systems first and then extrapolating their specific views accordingly, way too many people imo decide on a label with which to adhere, and then go about the business of working their views to conform with the label. As far as I'm concerned, the political correctness of the left fills the same function as the repetition of dogmatic talking points on the right in that it works on the level of repeating memes rather than analyizing events.

I see the same tendencies with BOTH the left and the right in that the farther you get from the middle, the greater the tendency towards dogmatism. Just try saying something about Chomsky, for instance, and with the reaction you will receive you might as well be assailing a god.

I see the issue here as being one of political orientation providing an undue influence over a person's identity. I am a such and such, therefore I think such and such. Indeed, the entire issue of conservatism in our country has been marketed in terms of identity politics, with the radio pundits constantly reinforcing the term conservative as something finite, and almost tribal in the way a group identity is encouraged.

Instead of people forming basic value systems first and then extrapolating their specific views accordingly, way too many people imo decide on a label with which to adhere, and then go about the business of working their views to conform with the label. As far as I'm concerned, the political correctness of the left fills the same function as the repetition of dogmatic talking points on the right in that it works on the level of repeating memes rather than analyizing events.

And that, my dear friend, in a well-phrased nutshell is why I no longer wear my lean. Far too many people glance over there and promptly start making blanket assumptions about who I am, what I think, and so on.

Does anyone find it odd that LibLady would post this? Saying Obama is a gift? Slamming Conservatives right out of the box?

That'd pretty much be a "no."

perhaps you should re-read my post.

right wing posters on this site are far more enamored of their talking heads than are left wing posters? glenn beck is a god, sarah palin is a queen. who are these people, really? they are people who were smart enough to capitalize on fear, no question. obama is a gift for them........because he's different, and, therefore, scary.

tells me that some people are easily led. you know who you are. turn off the tv, and the radio, get your news from varied sources, and read with a critical eye, no matter what the source.

You are joking right?

There are maybe 3-4 people here who call themselves palin/beck "fans", it is 3-4 people on the left who can't stop mouth foaming over them. it's quite embarrassing.

You are joking right?

There are maybe 3-4 people here who call themselves palin/beck "fans", it is 3-4 people on the left who can't stop mouth foaming over them. it's quite embarrassing.

how many lefties claim to be fans of left wing hosts, and say "god bless our left wing talk show hosts!"?

You are joking right?

Of course they don't call themselves "fans"! But they defend those two to the death and have yet to see them say or do anything wrong, stupid, or just plain outside the pale.

By the way, mouthfoaming has become about as powerless as your fail pail. Very boring. Need new words.

Of course they don't call themselves "fans"! But they defend those two to the death and have yet to see them say or do anything wrong, stupid, or just plain outside the pale.

Please. when a retard starts a thread on how beck is speaking on 911 and dishonestly neglets the fact he's donating the money to wounded vets, defending him does not make one a fan, but someone with common sense.

By the way, mouthfoaming has become about as powerless as your fail pail. Very boring. Need new words.

I think there was a warning in this thread about addressing posters. I wont reportcha but just a heads up. :thumbs:

seems no one likes to be prodded to get there news from varied sources. for some reason, they feel it's an attack. ;-)

Liblady, I don't know how many times I've said on DP that I watch, read, listen to all political news.
I suffer through Olbermann, Mathews, Maddow, Ed almost nightly on MSNBC
I watch Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Cavuto, Greta, Red-Eye, Brett Baer, on Fox almost nightly. I don't watch Shepherd Smith. I just can't stand the man for some reason.
I watch, CNN, Rick's List, State of the Union.
I watch C-Span, I watch Meet the Press.
I listen to Rush, Beck and other talk.
I read online from very liberal Media Matters, Huffington Post to Daily Caller and the Blaze.
Now you can't get more varied than that, and I'm STILL a conservative.

I have noticed many times when someone suggests a liberal should listen to Rush or Beck before insulting them, they say things like "I wouldn't waste my time"
So I think you are talking to the wrong side if you are asking people to get their news from varied sources.
I think what you really mean is "don't listen to the right"

Liblady, I don't know how many times I've said on DP that I watch, read, listen to all political news.
I watch Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly, Cavuto, Greta, Red-Eye, Brett Baer, on Fox almost nightly. I don't watch Shepherd Smith. I just can't stand the man for some reason.
I read online from very liberal Media Matters, Huffington Post to Daily Caller and the Blaze.

I have noticed many times when someone suggests a liberal should listen to Rush or Beck before insulting them, they say things like "I wouldn't waste my time"
So I think you are talking to the wrong side if you are asking people to get their news from varied sources.

Gracious. Do you even HAVE a life?

:shrug: Answer the question. Better yet, do a search on their names and find out just how little they get brought up.

Your kidding right? Because you lefties bring up beck/palin ad nauseum means somehow its the 4-5 folks here who are fans of beck's fault?

seriously? :lamo

:shrug: Answer the question. Better yet, do a search on their names and find out just how little they get brought up.

and while your at it, do a search on beck, hannity, palin et al and see just exactly who it is that brings them up. dollars to donuts, the majority of the time it is some liberal with a bash.

seems to me that the left is more "enamoured/infatuated" with right wing talking heads than the right will ever be.

go to any political forum on the interwebz and you will see thread after thread started by liberals about what an idiot this or that right winger is.

To be fair, you will see just as many threads started by cons about what a moron Obama is...but that's not the issue under discussion here.

Your kidding right? Because you lefties bring up beck/palin ad nauseum means somehow its the 4-5 folks here who are fans of beck's fault?

seriously? :lamo

Talk in circles some more. Or - you know. Try to follow the conversation. YOU brought up Jon Stewart and Keith Olbermann as though they are just the flip side of Palin and Beck.

THEREFORE: I said do a search. So? Do it. Don't change the subject. Just have a Nike moment and do it.

Talk in circles some more. Or - you know. Try to follow the conversation. YOU brought up Jon Stewart and Keith Olbermann as though they are just the flip side of Palin and Beck.

THEREFORE: I said do a search. So? Do it. Don't change the subject. Just have a Nike moment and do it.

I don't even know what your on about now. There are people on this forum that use stewart and olberman for news. hazlnut for one. Others as well.

Fact is 90% of all palin beck threads are started by left wing hammers and to blame beck fans for this well, it's retarded.

Gracious. Do you even HAVE a life?

Not really. I'm pretty much of a shut right now, so radio and TV is on pretty much 24/7. I don't usually sit down and watch TV, I'm on computer, but it's on just the same. Rush is on right now.
People like you BDBOOP and Rush Limbaugh are my life. :)

I don't even know what your on about now. There are people on this forum that use stewart and olberman for news. hazlnut for one. Others as well.

Fact is 90% of all palin beck threads are started by left wing hammers and to blame beck fans for this well, it's retarded.

Mellie is a left-wing hammer? I NEVER would have guessed!

wow......now...i have listened to beck and rush.....they are hacks. they don't report news, they spend ALL of their time bashing liberals and the president. not to mention, they outrtight lie. so how can they be an unbiased source? and yet, you "bless" them as saviors. it's sick, really. btw, i DON'T watch much of any tv. i read.

did this post have some sort of meaning? stewart has a comedy show, and it's great. i don't watch olbermann, and i certainly don't "bless" him.

did you see the 6 to 1 ratio? Why are you once again mouth foaming about one poster when there is a plethora of posters on your side who can't shut up about the guy?

did you see the 6 to 1 ratio? Why are you once again mouth foaming about one poster when there is a plethora of posters on your side who can't shut up about the guy?

seems to me, rev, that you are the one foaming at the mouth. i see no posters blessing left wing talk show hosts, which is what my op was about. btw, i don't really have a side......that's just a bit too grade school for me. some people are a little more capable of understanding nuance than others.

Last edited:
seems to me, rev, that you are the one foaming at the mouth. i see no posters blessing left wing talk show hosts, which is what my op was about. btw, i don't really have a side......that's just a bit too grade school for me. some people are a little more capable of understanding nuance than others.

Well speaking of grade school, you made a claim, didn't back it up, stuck your fingers in your ear and went all "lalalalalala".....

Post it or it never happened.

Back
Top Bottom