• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Does anyone believe that they cannot safely go vote in person?

not silliness, everyone is screaming and shouting about how they need the ability to vote by mail,
when historically maybe only 20% did, then that must mean people feel that it is risky to go to the polls.
I was wondering if their was simply a knee jerk response to whatever stupid thing some reported said Trump said,
and it kind of looks like it is.

Correction, the right is screaming and shouting about mail in. As I've said I'm using mail in this election.

Correction, the right is screaming and shouting about mail in. As I've said I'm using mail in this election.
Really, the right, no! Trump has a postmaster general who has been attempting to correct deficits in the USPS, since he got the job.
The political left is now complaining about the way he is going about cutting costs.
The mail is still getting through, BTW.

Really, the right, no! Trump has a postmaster general who has been attempting to correct deficits in the USPS, since he got the job.
The political left is now complaining about the way he is going about cutting costs.
The mail is still getting through, BTW.

When do we get someone to correct the deficits of the military?

When do we get someone to correct the deficits of the military?
I was not aware that our military was trying to reach some sort of financial balance.
They do not really make any income, so your question is invalid.

My State isn't ass backwards, we have a very good Mail-In system. So I don't have to worry about going to a polling location, I can easily vote by mail.

I din't think any of us have an issue with people who are registered voters and have shown proper ID that requires an initial in person visit.

I was not aware that our military was trying to reach some sort of financial balance.
They do not really make any income, so your question is invalid.

it's not. It costs money, why isn't the right bitching about it? They complain about the cost of everything else including taxes which pay for the military. Very valid question.

it's not. It costs money, why isn't the right bitching about it? They complain about the cost of everything else including taxes which pay for the military. Very valid question.
Your question was invalid because you used the term deficit, referenced to the military.
Since they have no income, they cannot run a deficit, as what would the deficit be compared to?
The US Government has an income and runs a deficit, and that most definitely should be addressed.
Our government should live within it's means!

I am afraid to go to the polls. Trump has said he will have lawyers, and sherrifs intimidating, cross checking, and double checking, challenging people. I am afraid that I will tell a sherrif to **** way off, and get shot. I am afraid I might punch a lawyer. If anyone tries to interfere with my vote, there will be a mini civil war.

Your question was invalid because you used the term deficit, referenced to the military.
Since they have no income, they cannot run a deficit, as what would the deficit be compared to?
The US Government has an income and runs a deficit, and that most definitely should be addressed.
Our government should live within it's means!

If they have no income, how do the soldiers get paid.

Yesterday I sent in my application for an absentee ballot. According to Trump voters, I am doing an evil act.

If they have no income, how do the soldiers get paid.
The have a budget, from the federal government, not an income.
The Government has Tax revenues, but no money on their own.

ummm... listen, I think you are a nice guy and we agree on most things but this is getting silly already. I don't need you explaining the charts meaning. That is insulting as it rudimentary. Just let it go, I was right, you were mistaken. It's not a big deal.

Your anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal evidence and not germane.

Here is the risk of staying in your home....
View attachment 67291976

problem with people staying home is that they literately do not think of other family members at risk.

I'll sum up by saying, it's OK to have an opinion in the absence of fact not in conflict with it.
Alright, didn't mean to insult you. And yeah, I appreciate that we're often in agreement.

You are right, in that grocery shopping gets classified as 3-4 of 9, depending on the list. And that translates to low-moderate risk. If I were to redo my original post you first replied to, I would change it from "higher risk" to "significant" risk. You are right in that regard.

I do disagree with what I see as perception differences, where I indeed see a risk of '3' as a significant risk not to be taking lightly. But I'm not going to belabor the point.

Anyway, thanks for the additional chart. Hopefully we're in agreement as much as we can be.

Back
Top Bottom