• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does anybody believe Jussie Smollet story?

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019...-update-on-the-jussie-smollett-investigation/

CASE UPDATE: Tonight #ChicagoPolice detectives expanded the search area for cameras to be able to provide photos of the alleged assailants in this attack. Thus far, no video of the alleged assailants or a vehicle has been discovered but we are continuing to broaden our search pic.twitter.com/glRMbAX6D0

I'm callin' BS.And let's face it. How often am I ever wrong?
#NEVER

We don't know for sure yet. I'm skeptical, but let's wait for the evidence to come in, before we rush to judgement.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019...-update-on-the-jussie-smollett-investigation/

CASE UPDATE: Tonight #ChicagoPolice detectives expanded the search area for cameras to be able to provide photos of the alleged assailants in this attack. Thus far, no video of the alleged assailants or a vehicle has been discovered but we are continuing to broaden our search pic.twitter.com/glRMbAX6D0

#NEVER

Guess which guys pushed to have the investigation intensified? The same guys who wanted Mueller to investigate Stone more thoroughly and the same guys who demanded Brokaw apologize.

Thread: Does anybody believe Jussie Smollet story?

The story is unfortunately believable but has no proof so I do not accept it.

#NEVER

What you cited isn't a rational basis for disbelieving his story.

And you're always wrong.

It's certainly possible. No evidence one way or the other as to whether it happened has been presented so I've no basis to either believe or disbelieve him at this point.

Thread: Does anybody believe Jussie Smollet story?

The story is unfortunately believable t.

..to the same crowd who bought the Nathan Philips story hook line and sinker because it conformed to their narrow-minded .

To critical thinking, rational people...not so much.

#TRUTH

..to the same crowd who bought the Nathan Philips story hook line and sinker because it conformed to their narrow-minded .

#TRUTH

LOL! How on earth would you know?

It's certainly possible. No evidence one way or the other as to whether it happened has been presented .

Sure there is...

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager...smollett-hate-crime-incident-raise-questions/
Smollett’s initial report to police were of attackers wearing a mask. He did not identify them by race at that time. It was after those details were broadcast on social media that detectivess interviewed the singer a second time. It was then that Smollett told police of the racial component to his story.
As CBS News reported, “In a follow-up interview with police, Smollett said his attackers yelled ‘MAGA country’ during the assault, Chicago police confirmed.” Even CNN’s Brian Stelter noted this came about in a secondary interview.
Smollett returned to an apartment, and it was from there that the call to emergency services was made. When police responded Smollett requested the officers turn off their body-cameras before he gave his statement.
According to the local ABC affiliate the incident was reported to take place around 2:00 am. When the call to police was made by 2:42 am Smollett was said to still be wearing the rope around his neck. This means Smollett left the scene, arrived at the apartment, and awaited police without ever taking off the threat.
Smollett initially refused a transport to the hospital. He later drove to the hospital on his own.
There is video of Smollett inside a local Subway sandwich business near the time of the attack, but as of 11:00 pm Chicago PD states “Thus far, no video of the alleged assailants or a vehicle has been discovered but we are continuing to broaden our search.”
While the initial reports are that Smollett was doused with bleach, official reports now list it as “an unknown substance”.

Suspect something happened. But agree it is at least a little strange that the Chicago police can apparently find no witnesses and no evidence to this point. (It was reported to have happened on a Chicago street/sidewalk.)

But do concur that some of the claims (MAGA yells and bleach) do seem a little over the top.

Give the cops time to investigate. Too early for final conclusions...

#TRUTH

Honestly, if the roles were reversed and a video was released conforming to a conservative point of view, I have no doubt the same thing would have happened but it would have just been the other side buying the story.

So far Jussie Smollet is much more believable on what happened to him than you. I have seen your biased posting history so I will wait for more facts until I believe you over anyone else.

#NEVER

It seems that quite a few people believe it and, while it seems an unlikely story based on current reporting, it can't be dismissed out of hand. I mean, there's no question that the guy is in the hospital with injuries consistent with his story. Basically, SOMETHING happened and the real question is whether it went down as reported or whether we'll see some adjustments to the story as time goes by.

Honestly, if the roles were reversed and a video was released conforming to a conservative point of view, I have no doubt the same thing would have happened but it would have just been the other side buying the story.

So far Jussie Smollet is much more believable on what happened to him than you. I have seen your biased posting history so I will wait for more facts until I believe you over anyone else.

It's true. People need to wait for all the facts to come in before making determinations about these kinds of things.

Sure there is...

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager...smollett-hate-crime-incident-raise-questions/
Smollett’s initial report to police were of attackers wearing a mask. He did not identify them by race at that time. It was after those details were broadcast on social media that detectivess interviewed the singer a second time. It was then that Smollett told police of the racial component to his story.
As CBS News reported, “In a follow-up interview with police, Smollett said his attackers yelled ‘MAGA country’ during the assault, Chicago police confirmed.” Even CNN’s Brian Stelter noted this came about in a secondary interview.
Smollett returned to an apartment, and it was from there that the call to emergency services was made. When police responded Smollett requested the officers turn off their body-cameras before he gave his statement.
According to the local ABC affiliate the incident was reported to take place around 2:00 am. When the call to police was made by 2:42 am Smollett was said to still be wearing the rope around his neck. This means Smollett left the scene, arrived at the apartment, and awaited police without ever taking off the threat.
Smollett initially refused a transport to the hospital. He later drove to the hospital on his own.
There is video of Smollett inside a local Subway sandwich business near the time of the attack, but as of 11:00 pm Chicago PD states “Thus far, no video of the alleged assailants or a vehicle has been discovered but we are continuing to broaden our search.”
While the initial reports are that Smollett was doused with bleach, official reports now list it as “an unknown substance”.

Given that he’s got facial injuries - lacerations according to The NY Times - something likely happened. Exactly what is an open question. I don’t know one way or the other for sure but I’d suspect that getting more details at a second interview isn’t uncommon.

So at this point what you’ve posted is simply another data point. It’s not conclusive.

It seems that quite a few people believe it and, while it seems an unlikely story based on current reporting, it can't be dismissed out of hand. I mean, there's no question that the guy is in the hospital with injuries consistent with his story. Basically, SOMETHING happened and the real question is whether it went down as reported or whether we'll see some adjustments to the story as time goes by.

This option seems the most likely I think. :agree Something happened. As to what, there in lies the rub.

Too soon to say either way. With the amount of Hollywood support he has received, he would have been a fool to concoct this. A career killer if the [supposed] attack was fabricated.

Agree. And am guessing more facts will come out. This isn't likely to be a story that just fades away.

The puzzling part is that ski masks, a rope, and a bottle of "bleach like" liquid suggests there would have had to be a degree of planning and following of the victim. Nothing seems spontaneous in the way the attack is being reported.

Certainly weird....

Agree. And am guessing more facts will come out. This isn't likely to be a story that just fades away.

The puzzling part is that ski masks, a rope, and a bottle of "bleach like" liquid suggests there would have had to be a degree of planning and following of the victim. Nothing seems spontaneous in the way the attack is being reported.

Certainly weird....

Same goes for the homophobic slurs that, reportedly, preceded the attack. Unless the guy was wearing rainbow outerwear I have a hard time understanding how people in a car driving down the street would know he's gay...or even a "he". I mean, I don't wear a lot of snow gear in AZ but I did live in NY for 18 years and seem to recall that when it was below zero people walking around outside used to bundle up pretty substantially.

Given that he’s got facial injuries - lacerations according to The NY Times - something likely happened. Exactly what is an open question. I don’t know one way or the other for sure but I’d suspect that getting more details at a second interview isn’t uncommon.

So at this point what you’ve posted is simply another data point. It’s not conclusive.

Yeah, he looks pretty "beaten up" after the horrendous attack ... /s

0129-jussie-smollett-in-hospital-1.jpg

#NEVER

It's a hoax ...

You know- I have feeling that the people who did this also killed Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown. And OJ is going to find them!!!

#LAFFRIOT

waiting to see if there is more info.

Do I believe that he just flew in from New York and decided at 2AM to go grab a bite and was accosted by 2 ski mask wearing homophobic MAGA shouting white assailants that just HAPPENED to have a noose and bleach and just HAPPENED to bump into him though there was no reasonably reason as to why they would have known he was in Chicago, let alone out for a snack at 2AM, but apparently were specifically out targeting him in sub zero temperatures during what has been described as some of the coldest nights in history.....

sure...it could have happened just like that.

#TRUTH

Rational people also tend to avoid context problems by editing commentary and do not create problems where none exist.

Back
Top Bottom