• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does America take full advantage of Political Experimentation?

Frozengale

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
America is a unique country due to our States. While we all have to abide to the Constitution we can decide how to run ourselves any way we want as long as it is in those Constitutional constraints. Our political system and how the community views it has basically become muddled and unintelligible. Everyone thinks they know what they are talking about when really I think so few of us do. There are reports and articles and statistics to support every way of thinking and then there are counter-reports, counter-articles and counter-statistics to "reveal" the lies of the others. Too often we see people within states become indoctrinated to a certain way of life and political thinking. They take anything political as something personal and I think it's ruined the way we should view this country, an opportunity to experiment.

Now I know it may sound twisted thinking of ourselves as no more then Guinea Pigs, but how else can we establish some form of political and economic truth unless we all take a step back and detach ourselves from our own ways of living.

We have 50 states, most people look at this and think of those 50 states as nothing more then Red and Blue with some "Undefined Color" mixed in. But I can't help to look at these states and view each one as a separate testing ground. We have so many reports arguing for and against some way of life but the problem is we haven't gotten the data from a reliable test. I can't help but wonder what life would be like if each State took upon itself some sort of test goal every couple of years (Lower Taxes on the wealthy and increase small business benefits, Raise Taxes and maintain stricter regulations, etc.) and then implement the process and then after a few years see how it all turns out. And do it in such a way as to not encourage Dem or Rep or any other party, but to view it in nothing more then data to be used to build a better country.

I know that laws and rules and regulations take a long time to implement, but I can't help but think that something along these lines would be much better system then the one we currently have going.

Last edited:
Does America take full advantage of Political Experimentation?

Since we are the "Great American Experiment" I would have to say yes. The question is, is it a failure or a success. Considering we have democratic secular republic that protects individual rights and religious freedom, I think it has been a success. But I also think the great American experiment has had many challenges along the way by those who want to change it to favor their own interests and that now is one of those times.

America is an experiment. From the time of its first white settlement, America has been a place where people came to experiment with doing things differently. It’s been a place to gamble, to see if you could be one of the lucky ones who became landowners or lawyers or independent merchants. You gambled on the weather, politics, your own skills, and your own ability to commit to the experiment of living in America, and being an American....

America’s story is one of constantly tackling the big—the biggest—problems, ahead of everyone else, with very little to guide us but those founding principles that nag at our conscience.....read The Great American Experiment « The Historic Present
THE AMERICAN EXPERIMENT - John Gardener
PBS - JOHN GARDNER - EDUCATION AND EXCELLENCE

Will The Great American Experiment Succeed?
When asked by a curious citizen after the adjournment of the Constitutional Convention what kind of government had been structured by the Founding Fathers, Benjamin Franklin is said to have answered: "...A REPUBLIC, IF YOU CAN KEEP IT."
Will the great American experiment succeed?

American Exceptionalism
American exceptionalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Our foundation is setup to foster political experimentation, so on that grounds, yes. I think the two-party system makes this almost impossible though. I'm a supporter of eliminating the two-party system so that more than two voices can be heard. Sounds like an American concept to me.

Our foundation is setup to foster political experimentation, so on that grounds, yes. I think the two-party system makes this almost impossible though. I'm a supporter of eliminating the two-party system so that more than two voices can be heard. Sounds like an American concept to me.
But if we had a three or four party system, then the majority would be governed by a minority. How about we have a no party system and everyone votes for the person instead of a party and then whoever gets the most popular votes of the people, instead of the electoral college, wins?

Back
Top Bottom