• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does a Place Like This Exist?

NolaMan

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So I was kicking around some ideas in my head, and was wondering if a place like this existed..

Basically, it would be a facility for law enforcement that would simulate crimes. For example, a detective could come in and look at a staged crime, and then basically practice logically putting the pieces together.

So like, you walk in, dead body on the bed, blood somewhere, couple witnesses to interview. Point being to keep law enforcement sharp at what they are doing, and get some "field work" for trainees or new detectives.

I am not sure if this kind of thing already takes place at law enforcement training facilities, a lot of what I have found on those is that they just have classes and have a few basic training scenarios, but nothing like a life-like thing I am talking about.

Any idea if this already takes place, or if anyone would even use it? I imagine it would have to include some basic training classes and well, and a firing range etc, but the focus would be on life-like training situations.

I know there exists a medical forensics equivalent of what you are talking about where actual dead bodies or appendages are left exposed to the elements and/or buried so that CSI trainees can get real life (death) experience in examining the clues of real life crimes of violence.

I don't think they'd have to simulate crime scenes because there are plenty of real ones they can tag along to. Usually forensics and criminology interns do job shadowing with experienced workers in the real world situations. At least, that's what I've been told by the one person I met who's in that field.

There's a wooded area in Georgia, all fenced off with barbed wire, where they (the FBI, I think) leave actual human corpses lying around exposed to the elements and study their decomposition.
I saw a documentary about it.

I've been thinking about writing a short story involving that place.

So I was kicking around some ideas in my head, and was wondering if a place like this existed..

Basically, it would be a facility for law enforcement that would simulate crimes. For example, a detective could come in and look at a staged crime, and then basically practice logically putting the pieces together.

So like, you walk in, dead body on the bed, blood somewhere, couple witnesses to interview. Point being to keep law enforcement sharp at what they are doing, and get some "field work" for trainees or new detectives.

I am not sure if this kind of thing already takes place at law enforcement training facilities, a lot of what I have found on those is that they just have classes and have a few basic training scenarios, but nothing like a life-like thing I am talking about.

Any idea if this already takes place, or if anyone would even use it? I imagine it would have to include some basic training classes and well, and a firing range etc, but the focus would be on life-like training situations.

Its not practile. They have on the job trainig and schooling.

They have facilities like this for training riot police. It is built like a fake city where the aspirants make role plays where one group gets police training while the other play rioters. I don't think something similar exists for for conducting investigations. I think it is easier and cheaper to just let budding detectives tag along to real-world investigations.

LOL!!!! That was great!!!! :D

Writing a novel. A Book. If I had a quarter for every time someone has mentioned writing one I would have about $50 :roll:

I only have one book in me, and it's not a novel, and I don't plan to write it until I'm much older, because I need to find out how it ends.
I write many short stories, however. Maybe you've even read one, who knows? ;)

Back
Top Bottom