• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dodgin' Donald's Hiding Something in Those Unreleased Tax Returns

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

“……..And when he pledges to release his tax returns, then changes his mind, he simply comes up with an excuse not to do it. That's Dodgin' Donald. Donald Trump is a rich guy, a billionaire 10 times over, or so he claims. And rich guys in America don't follow the rules that working guys must. In fact, fat cats like Donald celebrate breaking the rules. And that's why he won't release his income tax returns.
“………..With the IRS information, voters can decide if the candidate, who will be the tax collector in chief, is likely to cut even more special tax deals for millionaires and billionaires at the expense of workers. Voters can see if the candidate pays his fair share or if he's a shirker likely to help other rich guys shirk.

On the stump, Trump contends he's a candidate of the people, cussing out CEOs for exploiting tax loopholes. "They make a fortune. They pay no tax," he told CBS, "It's ridiculous, okay?" But the only Trump federal tax returns that are public show that he made a fortune and paid no tax. For two years, 1978 and 1979……………..

Why does Trump now refuse to release his tax returns like all other candidates? Just what is Donald hiding?

Personally I don't care about Trumps tax returns. Or Hillary's. Or Sanders. Or anyone else's for that matter. Only thing I care about is policies. So this is a non-issue for me.

Personally I don't care about Trumps tax returns. Or Hillary's. Or Sanders. Or anyone else's for that matter. Only thing I care about is policies. So this is a non-issue for me.

I care. When everybody is happier than a clam at high tide to show their tax returns and this one guy steadfastly refuses to, that screams that he's hiding something he doesn't want us to know. Something we might find very interesting with regards to a man who wants to be our president.

Frankly, I have come to believe he isn't worth anywhere near as much money as he claims to be worth. I am starting to doubt he is even worth $1 Billion dollars in hard assets.

Of course that has nothing to do with what kind of President he would be but his own personal self-esteem is so dependent on people thinking of him as a multi-billionaire that he would be devastated if people found out he wasn't.

This is just speculation on my part, though.

Frankly, I have come to believe he isn't worth anywhere near as much money as he claims to be worth. I am starting to doubt he is even worth $1 Billion dollars in hard assets.

Of course that has nothing to do with what kind of President he would be but his own personal self-esteem is so dependent on people thinking of him as a multi-billionaire that he would be devastated if people found out he wasn't.

This is just speculation on my part, though.

It's speculation that's on pretty everybody's mind, I suspect.

I care. When everybody is happier than a clam at high tide to show their tax returns and this one guy steadfastly refuses to, that screams that he's hiding something he doesn't want us to know. Something we might find very interesting with regards to a man who wants to be our president.

He's not the first to refuse to show his tax returns ya know. This is nothing new. In fact, the first time that Hillary ran for POTUS....didn't she refuse to do so also? I may be recalling incorrectly could be someone else. Mitt Romney refused to do so for awhile I know that.

Anyways..bleh..same ole same ole.

He's not the first to refuse to show his tax returns ya know. This is nothing new. In fact, the first time that Hillary ran for POTUS....didn't she refuse to do so also? I may be recalling incorrectly could be someone else. Mitt Romney refused to do so for awhile I know that.

Anyways..bleh..same ole same ole.

Romney released two years's worth and was extremely squirrely about showing anything more. Either way, both showed their tax returns. But Trump has no political history to gauge and is largely selling himself on his past as a successful businessman and a "deal maker." However, there are questions about how true that is, and even Trump himself stated that his worth goes up and down based on his feelings. So the one thing we think we know about him is that he's a rich businessman, and Trump won't even let us quantify that. The whole thing is shady as ****.

And Dishonest Donald has one policy and that would be "if the money's there, I do not care."

Back
Top Bottom