• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doctor: Patients 'beg me for the vaccine' before being intubated

You don’t draw that distinction. I wasn’t dumb enough to listen to Fauci either. I wore a mask and didn’t go anywhere unless I had to. But we did have a nation of people who followed his advice and the virus ran wild.
You obviously didn't follow trump's advice either.

Fauci had all the information he needed to give the scientifically correct advice. He chose not to.
Did he keep this information from Pence? You know...the head of the covid task force.

Yes, we learned how to protect those in nursing homes. We basically isolated them, and didn't allow any visitors at all, and only allowed workers, who were regularly tested, through the doors, for months and months. That worked, and what you're doing is taking what worked, assuming the lives we saved weren't a result of those extraordinary efforts, to downplay the seriousness of COVID.

If the attitude of nursing homes was, well, they're old, and 99% of the infected don't actually DIE, so to hell with it - let's go on like normal - we'd have killed off 100s of thousands more in nursing homes and 100s of thousands of more Americans at least all across the country.
We? Does that include Governor Cuomo who housed COVID positive individuals in nursing homes that killed 2000+ people? Or something else?

First of all, you cannot defend your position so you moved the goal posts. At 1-2% death rate that's 3.5-7 million dead Americans. That's a catastrophic outcome. I'm using your standard, your stats and you don't like what they actually mean in the reality based world.

Second, as far as I know we all die at some point. Does murder no longer matter because, hey, that person would have died anyway? Or do you mean we shouldn't care about the old or sick, because **** them. Let them die because their lives are worthless. If you mean that, say it. If not, then when do lives matter to you? Below 65? Below 70? Only those who are old AND healthy? If not, why would we bother trying to prevent early deaths? Shouldn't we defund Medicare, since after all those worthless seniors are going to die soon anyway? What other steps should we take as a society to show how little we value old people, most of whom no longer contribute to the economy in any way, and so aren't worth saving?
Why does Soylent Green spring to mind...?

If you're indicating the naming sequence that government is using .. I absolutely agree. Biden doesn't want to hurt peoples feelings so his administration is using the Greek alphabet to indicate different strains of COVID.

Let's setup safe spaces for virus names / mutations so people don't get offended .. :rolleyes:

You are the only person who seems upset by it, so it sounds like you’re already safe in your space.

Yes .. based on the response from WHO that indicated it couldn't be transmitted from person-to-person. Do you want to continue this type of conversation or talk more adult like?

Is that what Trump said to Bob Woodward?

You are the only person who seems upset by it, so it sounds like you’re already safe in your space.
Upset? naaa .. think it's stupid so people don't get offended or their feelings hurt .. absolutely.

If a virus mutates from India, Pakistan or any other country .. call it what it is, instead of trying to hide it so snow flakes don't get their feelings hurt.

Upset? naaa .. think it's stupid so people don't get offended or their feelings hurt .. absolutely.

If a virus mutates from India, Pakistan or any other country .. call it what it is, instead of trying to hide it so snow flakes don't get their feelings hurt.

No one is complaining about this or talking about it.

No one is complaining about this or talking about it.
I wouldn't anticipate that given the level of insights / knowledge that average Americans have with government. Regardless .. the naming system was designed so snowflakes dont get butt hurt when it's called the India virus opposed to Delta virus.

Not sure of your reference, although I am very confident that WHO indicated and downplayed the transmission aspects of COVID early in 2020.

You don’t recall Trump talking to Woodward on tape about how he lied to us about covid but you do absolutely recall all of his actions were based on flawed WHO advice.

Trump told us it was the flu all of Feb 2020, and said Xi and China had it under control. Sounds pretty downplay-ey to me.

You don’t recall Trump talking to Woodward on tape about how he lied to us about covid but you do absolutely recall all of his actions were based on flawed WHO advice.

Trump told us it was the flu all of Feb 2020, and said Xi and China had it under control. Sounds pretty downplay-ey to me.
Trump made mistakes .. mispoke and I don't disagree. And? how does that change what I said?

Trump made mistakes .. mispoke and I don't disagree. And? how does that change what I said?

No, he didn’t misspeak. He intentionally lied. His tweets told us it was the flu when he said he knew it was 5x deadlier.

I’m sure it won’t change anything you say or believe. You aren’t interested in this country.

Deliberately deceiving the nation isn't "misspoke".

Fauci ****ed up on masks at the outset, and it “proves” he was lying the whole time and in cahoots with China. Trump literally tells the country nothing to see here just before we lost 100’s of 1000’s and, you know, he had a bad day at the office.

No, he didn’t misspeak. He intentionally lied. His tweets told us it was the flu when he said he knew it was 5x deadlier.

I’m sure it won’t change anything you say or believe. You aren’t interested in this country.
You mean like Fauci did about masks?

We? Does that include Governor Cuomo who housed COVID positive individuals in nursing homes that killed 2000+ people? Or something else?
When you don't have a coherent reply, BUTWHATABOUT???!!!!!

You guys are so predictable it's almost sad.

You mean like Fauci did about masks?

Fauci ****ed up on masks at the outset, and it “proves” he was lying the whole time and in cahoots with China. Trump literally tells the country nothing to see here just before we lost 100’s of 1000’s and, you know, he had a bad day at the office.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

BUTWHATABOUT???!!!!!!

Can you try something new next time?
Are you disagreeing about Fauci's communication on masks? That he didn't practice what he preached and was caught on camera at a baseball game? Does a "WhatBoutitsm" change those facts, or did Fauci **** up and not do what he was preaching??

Are you disagreeing...
MOM, HE DID IT TOO!!!!

That work for you as a child? Didn't work for me.

In the meantime, if you want to bring the debate above grade school level, let me know.

MOM, HE DID IT TOO!!!!

That work for you as a child? Didn't work for me.

In the meantime, if you want to bring the debate above grade school level, let me know.
I know that facts can be disappointing at some point, and I've communicated those at grade school level. Should I transition to adult langauge now, or will it confuse / lose you?

Back
Top Bottom