• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doc calls whites ‘birthing people,’ but blacks and Hispanics ‘moms’

Sabre

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A top city health official and progressive crusader ignited a firestorm when she used different terms for white and minority mothers.

Dr. Michelle Morse, the chief medical officer at the Department of Health, touted a new “birth equity” initiative to provide more midwives and doulas to moms in a series of tweets — selectively using the woke term “birthing people” instead of pregnant women.
“The urgency of this moment is clear. Mortality rates of birthing people are too high, and babies born to Black and Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die in their first year of life than babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people,
She refers to white pregnant women, using the woke term", as "birthing people” but refers to black and Puerto Rican pregnant women as mothers. I believe if it were a white doctor applying the statements in reverse she would be labeled a racist.

She refers to white pregnant women, using the woke term", as "birthing people” but refers to black and Puerto Rican pregnant women as mothers. I believe if it were a white doctor applying the statements in reverse she would be labeled a racist.
This should be breaking news.

Sounds like prejudice to me. But then I always knew the left was a bunch of bigots.

Two terms come to mind- snowflake and drama queen. And I won't discriminate which one will offend the rightists who earned them.

you-made-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill-mountain.gif

Two terms come to mind- snowflake and drama queen. And I won't discriminate which one will offend the rightists who earned them.
The terms that came to mind for me is "leftist bullshit language" so those ultra sensitive don't get their feelings hurt.

Whomever wrote this article needs to back to grammar school. They were pulled out because they're the ones dying at three times the rate. The terms changed to show the significance but they were all included in birthing people.

They were all included in "birthing people."

“The urgency of this moment is clear. Mortality rates of birthing people are too high(all birthing people including Black and Puerto Rican mothers) , and babies born to Black and Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die(mothers simply separate who's dying three times more from the group of birthing mothers) in their first year of life *than* babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people.

You posted an "article" that tried to make a Tweet into news. Or, molehill into mountain.
Yeah, I mean, wow, that's a real stretch. That's like Gumby size.

Whomever wrote this article needs to back to grammar school. They were pulled out because they're the ones dying at three times the rate. The terms changed to show the significance but they were all included in birthing people.

They were all included in "birthing people."

“The urgency of this moment is clear. Mortality rates of birthing people are too high(all birthing people including Black and Puerto Rican mothers) , and babies born to Black and Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die(mothers simply separate who's dying three times more from the group of birthing mothers) in their first year of life *than* babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people.
So this is your interpretation of all inclusive?
“The urgency of this moment is clear. Mortality rates of birthing people are too high, and babies born to Black and Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die in their first year of life than babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people,”

Can you highlight where in the article you can find : (all birthing people including Black and Puerto Rican mothers)" and I read "Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die in their first year of life than babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people,”
Not : (mothers simply separate who's dying three times more from the group of birthing mothers)

Adding your own words does not change what was said in the article, just adds what you want to see.

The terms that came to mind for me is "leftist bullshit language" so those ultra sensitive don't get their feelings hurt.
Well that's pretty meaningless. Care to try again?

You are misinterpreting. Read it again, this time more slowly.

I will, how about Fake Woke-ness.
And what's that supposed to mean to me?
See, conjuring up a contrived issue out of a bureaucrat using a single sentence that uses two different terms for the same thing (which actually is pretty good practice in English communication) looks a lot like Fake Outrage-ness.

We all know only white men can give birth! What's the problem?

This is 2022.

The wokesters control the media, academia, & many cities and states.

So most Americans simply ignore those crazies and get on with their own lives as best as they can.

Sadly, many current Americans' great-grandchildren may feel that they need to emigrate.

Back
Top Bottom