• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Doc calls whites ‘birthing people,’ but blacks and Hispanics ‘moms’

And what's that supposed to mean to me?
See, conjuring up a contrived issue out of a bureaucrat using a single sentence that uses two different terms for the same thing (which actually is pretty good practice in English communication) looks a lot like Fake Outrage-ness.

out·rage
[ˈoutˌrāj]

NOUN
  1. an extremely strong reaction of anger, shock, or indignation.

Not seeing any displaying of that here, not even from the lefties.

She refers to white pregnant women, using the woke term", as "birthing people” but refers to black and Puerto Rican pregnant women as mothers. I believe if it were a white doctor applying the statements in reverse she would be labeled a racist.

If it were the other way around and progressives screamed racism I would laugh at them. Call them moms or call them burthing people, who cares. Both are accurate and neither are derogatory. Seems like a non-issue.

Fine. What is it that drives rightists to comment on what some bureaucratic functionary in New York said? What's the reason for the thread?
Outrage. Righteous even.

Whomever wrote this article needs to back to grammar school. They were pulled out because they're the ones dying at three times the rate. The terms changed to show the significance but they were all included in birthing people.

They were all included in "birthing people."

“The urgency of this moment is clear. Mortality rates of birthing people are too high(all birthing people including Black and Puerto Rican mothers) , and babies born to Black and Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die(mothers simply separate who's dying three times more from the group of birthing mothers) in their first year of life *than* babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people.

I wonder whose idea it was for mothers to start being referred to as "birthing people"?

I understand that it was done to include the infinitesimally-small number of transgendered men who can and do give birth, but why not call those men "mothers"? In the same way that male seahorses birth and "mother" the children?

And what's that supposed to mean to me?
See, conjuring up a contrived issue out of a bureaucrat using a single sentence that uses two different terms for the same thing (which actually is pretty good practice in English communication) looks a lot like Fake Outrage-ness.
Why is there any need to use two different terms for the same thing? It’s ridiculous to imply that people, other than mothers, are capable of giving birth.

Fast or slow, reads the same unless you want to find something not there but imagined.

The initial time that “birthing people” is used then refers to all that follows, to include the Blacks and Puerto Ricans. The term “mother” behind those terms is merely used as a SYNONYM for the earlier “birthing people”. Anyone with the least bit of understanding of English usage and sentence structure can easily see this.
You are the one who clearly wants to find something that is not there, but instead totally imagined, which is that the person is using different terms for different ethnicities. It is quite clear that you have an agenda, which is to criticize the person making the statement by MISREPRESENTING the very clear meaning of her words

Actually, you are the one expressing indignation by twisting her words into something that she clearly did not say, just a part of your agenda to try to claim reverse racism where there is none.

Why is there any need to use two different terms for the same thing? It’s ridiculous to imply that people, other than mothers, are capable of giving birth.
There's no need. It's a really trivial bicker. This person was delivering a prepared statement and whoever wrote it chose to use two different terms for the same thing in a single sentence. Which is good writing. More so than you would expect in a Tweet.

There's no need. It's a really trivial bicker. This person was delivering a prepared statement and whoever wrote it chose to use two different terms for the same thing in a single sentence. Which is good writing. More so than you would expect in a Tweet.

But we do expect a right winger with an agenda of “reverse racism” to totally misrepresent what was actually said.

She refers to white pregnant women, using the woke term", as "birthing people” but refers to black and Puerto Rican pregnant women as mothers. I believe if it were a white doctor applying the statements in reverse she would be labeled a racist.

And this is relevant to what exactly?
She sounds like an obsessed idiot, yes.
But the existence of an obsessed idiot is relevant to what exactly?

you-made-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill-mountain.gif
Nah...he just exposed MORE of the mindless shithead leftist lunacy that keeps getting pushed out daily. Speaking of which...since I dont know if you have two dads or two moms (assuming they are women...Im not a biologist), just remembering Chest Feeder day is coming soon, so you should buy your nomno or zopa or nori or pompum, or whatever the **** you have flowers...or...a wrench...

This is 2022.

The wokesters control the media, academia, & many cities and states.

So most Americans simply ignore those crazies and get on with their own lives as best as they can.

Sadly, many current Americans' great-grandchildren may feel that they need to emigrate.
The wokesters control a number of large companies as well. While not an outright boycott, I'm tending to not spend money at those companies.

How to effectively turn back the collective idiocy of the woke is going to be the next development.

Nah...he just exposed MORE of the mindless shithead leftist lunacy that keeps getting pushed out daily. Speaking of which...since I dont know if you have two dads or two moms (assuming they are women...Im not a biologist), just remembering Chest Feeder day is coming soon, so you should buy your nomno or zopa or nori or pompum, or whatever the **** you have flowers...or...a wrench...

He misrepresented the quote and now you are seconding that. Does that make you proud?

Do you guys need some shop towels to clean up your effluent?

Nope, just posted a news article, did not create it. But the lefts response is totally as expected.
Why do you people always expect others to get as outraged as you do? If not for you, I probably would never have known about this. Now that I know, I don't care.

The wokesters control a number of large companies as well. While not an outright boycott, I'm tending to not spend money at those companies.

How to effectively turn back the collective idiocy of the woke is going to be the next development.
Thanks for sharing.

And this is relevant to what exactly?
She sounds like an obsessed idiot, yes.
But the existence of an obsessed idiot is relevant to what exactly?

This reminds me of people who insist on using the term "LatinX". Hardly anyone outside of a particular academic and political set uses the term, least of all people of Hispanic origin. I imagine "Birth People" follows the exact same logic. Almost no one uses the term or will use the term, least of all mothers.

"Birthing people .." stupid language only the left would make up and use..

Yeah, who the hell do they think actually give birth to children, lol.....insanity.

Whomever wrote this article needs to back to grammar school. They were pulled out because they're the ones dying at three times the rate. The terms changed to show the significance but they were all included in birthing people.

They were all included in "birthing people."

“The urgency of this moment is clear. Mortality rates of birthing people are too high(all birthing people including Black and Puerto Rican mothers) , and babies born to Black and Puerto Rican mothers in this city are three times more likely to die(mothers simply separate who's dying three times more from the group of birthing mothers) in their first year of life *than* babies born to non-Hispanic White birthing people.
It takes the ability to read to understand that the first use of birthing people included EVERYONE. It's easier to just make bs up.

The initial time that “birthing people” is used then refers to all that follows, to include the Blacks and Puerto Ricans. The term “mother” behind those terms is merely used as a SYNONYM for the earlier “birthing people”. Anyone with the least bit of understanding of English usage and sentence structure can easily see this.
You are the one who clearly wants to find something that is not there, but instead totally imagined, which is that the person is using different terms for different ethnicities. It is quite clear that you have an agenda, which is to criticize the person making the statement by MISREPRESENTING the very clear meaning of her words
I just posted the article as is, quoted the words as written, nothing added or omitted. Some seem to have a problem with not being able to twist the actual words their own meaning. Their problem, not mine. Do you parse the word " is " ? I have no agenda, just putting out a post exactly as written, as to different terms for different ethnicities, did you actually read the words printed, as is, without misrepresenting them to your desired meaning?

It takes the ability to read to understand that the first use of birthing people included EVERYONE. It's easier to just make bs up.
Then why not say white mothers along with black and Puerto Rican mothers. She made the distinction not me. All she had to do is say white, black and Puerto Rican mothers and it would have never made news anywhere.

I just posted the article as is, quoted the words as written, nothing added or omitted. Some seem to have a problem with not being able to twist the actual words their own meaning. Their problem, not mine. Do you parse the word " is " ? I have no agenda, just putting out a post exactly as written, as to different terms for different ethnicities, did you actually read the words printed, as is, without misrepresenting them to your desired meaning?

A number of other chatters have also pointed out your misrepresentation. Apparently everyone but you knows how to read and interpret very clear English.

This reminds me of people who insist on using the term "LatinX". Hardly anyone outside of a particular academic and political set uses the term, least of all people of Hispanic origin. I imagine "Birth People" follows the exact same logic. Almost no one uses the term or will use the term, least of all mothers.
West Whittier CA is about 65 or 70% hispanic and the only person I know in this area who does use it (Latinx) is a college professor.
I know him socially...that is, in real life. I asked him, and he said "mumble mumble policy" and what not and then I asked him if students are using it.
Five or maybe ten percent.
How about anyone else?
Nope.
And I don't know anyone in the neighborhood who uses it.

This doctor is trying to turn NYC healthcare into some stupid marxist tupperware party but in the end nobody gives a rat's ass except her and a handful of her fellow "trained marxists"...
which means that in five years time no one will remember.

And so, to @Sabre I say, "Just think of me as a time traveler, from the year 2027."
I'm here to let you know that no one really gives a shit and you are safe from encroaching wokeness and marxism.
You may exhale now.

Then why not say white mothers along with black and Puerto Rican mothers. She made the distinction not me. All she had to do is say white, black and Puerto Rican mothers and it would have never made news anywhere.

The only reason that it “made the news” is because right wingers like you have misrepresented it based on your “reverse racism” agenda. All that you’re doing now is digging a deeper hole of foolishness.

Back
Top Bottom