• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

Do you respond differently to posters based on their sex/gender?

• Total voters
I don't CARE how intelligent they seem. I respond differently to someone who expresses themselves well, and thoughtfully, as opposed to someone who seems to have automatic knee-jerk responses to various subjects. That was my point.

You typed:

'I think I tend to respond to other posters based more on my perception of their intelligence level,...'

That sure sounds like you were judging them on how intelligent they seem to me.

Just sayin'...

I was referring to how they treat others - not what they say...that is separate.

Perhaps you did not understand my question, then. If we treat evil politely, what are we really accomplishing by it?

The sole decider of the place of the other 7 billion people on earth being you, of course? :lol:

Nope. The sole decider being the Traditions and Society of our forefathers. The ones who first brought Society to Humankind thousands of years ago.

My response are generally based on tone of voice/message.

I'm more likely to respond to snark negatively and more likely to respond to an honest question positively regardless of gender/cultural identity.

That was actually supposed to be a joke. TPD said how some posters treat women more delicately than other male posters, to which I replied with

"Oh sweetie, do you really think so? That just seems like so silly I treat all people with the love and respect they deserve!"

And then I replied to you as such "No way, that's ****ing bull****. That's the most unbelievable crap I've ever heard."

Perhaps you did not understand my question, then. If we treat evil politely, what are we really accomplishing by it?

You want to yell at people that you think are spouting 'evil' - go ahead.

I prefer to have things remain civil as long as possible.

Getting people's backs up accomplishes little.

Besides, sometimes people believe bad things because they simply do not know any better and/or do not as yet have the capacity to understand how they are wrong.

Yelling at them is not likely to get them to listen to your point of view - it probably will just make them defensive and make them want to admit their errors less so.

This is something I've been wondering about for a long time and I want honest answers from you DP'ers so don't lie to me.
When I first joined DP I didn't make my sex/gender clear immediately because I didn't want to be judged based on whether I was a male or female. It didn't last long because as I've mentioned in the past I'm a little bit sexist, I love being female (sex/gender) and I think it would suck to be a guy so not declaring that I'm female was too much for me.

The poll question I have for you is:

Do you respond differently if you know whether the person you're responding to is a guy or a girl?

For an extended discussion list the reasons why?

Probably. Even if only just a little. I talk to them differently in person, so who's to say I don't do the same over the internet? If I do I don't do it consciously, though.

Nope. The sole decider being the Traditions and Society of our forefathers. The ones who first brought Society to Humankind thousands of years ago.

The traditions of one select culture out of thousands that have existed, during a very brief period, comparable to the blink of an eye, in the long sprawl of human history?

Actually, not even that. Based on everything I've read from you over the time you've been here, your belief of "tradition" never actually existed in historical fact. I think your LARP'ing has messed with your concept of reality.

Personally, I don't model my life after dead or imaginary people, and I certainly don't take advice from people who do, but whatever.

The sole decider being the Traditions and Society of our forefathers..

neanderthalers.jpg

It's all starting to make such perfect sense.

You want to yell at people that you think are spouting 'evil' - go ahead.

I prefer to have things remain civil as long as possible.

Getting people's backs up accomplishes little.

Besides, sometimes people believe bad things because they simply do not know any better and/or do not as yet have the capacity to understand how they are wrong.

Yelling at them is not likely to get them to listen to your point of view - it probably will just make them defensive and make them want to admit their errors less so.

I guess you and I are different, then.

I see nothiong at all "civil" in turning a blind eye to those who wish to beat women, sexually abuse children or other acts.

You are certainly free to congratulate yourself on your civility for being nice to them, however.

Oh, no.

Not another star wars/star trek war!!.:shock:

Why can't we all just get along?

I guess you and I are different, then.

I see nothiong at all "civil" in turning a blind eye to those who wish to beat women, sexually abuse children or other acts.

You are certainly free to congratulate yourself on your civility for being nice to them, however.

Oh Jeez - where did I say anything about turning a 'blind eye' to that?

Talking civil to someone is not 'turning a blind eye' to them.

Debate with someone else if you insist on putting words in my mouth or giving false impressions of what I type.

I have better things to do.

Now I know why you are on my ignore list - got to remember to pay more attention to it.

We are done here.

Actually, not even that. Based on everything I've read from you over the time you've been here, your belief of "tradition" never actually existed in historical fact. I think your LARP'ing has messed with your concept of reality.

Personally, I don't model my life after dead or imaginary people, and I certainly don't take advice from people who do, but whatever.

Then I would suggest that you've added me to your ignore list, right?.... Because that's who I am and who I will always be.

May the Gods have no mercy at all. on your Soul.

Oh, no.

Not another star wars/star trek war!!.:shock:

Why can't we all just get along?

C'mon, Spock and Yoda in debate? Who wouldn't want to see that? I'd want to see who'd be the first to say, "The only point you have is the tip of your ears."

Now I know why you are on my ignore list - got to remember to pay more attention to it.

Oooh, I just love this little passive-aggressive tactive of announcing a person is on ignore.

It makes my day.

For myself it depends on the topic.....although, when it comes to those who have served on a battlefield, and have gone to war for their Country. Which it doesn't matter their gender. I tend to be more easy going with them. I guess that would be a term. Doesn't matter which way they lean either. I may disagree with them. But there is really no getting out pocket or bringing any open disrespect to them. Then Other Vets, Firefighters, Paramedics. More open could be placed in there too. I think I would include those on my Friends List too.

Also I would have to say it is how I am approached or engaged. Which again for me, is how I proceed.

Lately I have been trying to give a greeting to who posts up to me. With anybody. Trying to lighten things up and showing some props. Also asking questions. Which has helped me with my own responses to certain people who are just looking to confront or be antagonistic. Course it doesn't work for Everybody and then one must do what one needs to do.

I Give As Good As I Get - U.D.O. ;)

Last edited:
Then I would suggest that you've added me to your ignore list, right?.... Because that's who I am and who I will always be.

May the Gods have no mercy at all. on your Soul.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I am not so delicate that I can't handle seeing the posts of people on the internet I may not have much respect for.

Ok, then. :lol:

C'mon, Spock and Yoda in debate? Who wouldn't want to see that? I'd want to see who'd be the first to say, "The only point you have is the tip of your ears."

Forget spock and yoda.

I want to see Lt Uhura in her dance oif the seven veils routine square off against slave-Leia.

Depends on the subject:

Things like birth just aren't a conversation guys KNOW about from the same perspective. But it's impossible to discuss my life without talking about things from my perspective - which is female. My view regarding abortion is going to be painted with my direct experience of pregnancy, etc.

When it comes to to things in which gender doesn't matter - no, it doesn't affect how I respond.

I don't pretend to be closer to the girls than the guys (or anything like that) - In fact, sometimes I don't even know who I'm talking to or what gender they are, or what political affiliation they are - I'm responding to words on a screen that someone has typed. I say what I want - and if they care to read it good for them :D

...and if someone alters their responses to me because I'm female - rest assured it won't be that much to me - I'll still chew someone a new asshole if I feel like it. LOL - which I try to avoid IN GENERAL out of respect for this forum and the moderators.

Back
Top Bottom