• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you wear your seatbelt everytime you're in a car?

Do you always wear your seatbelt?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
No matter if you're the driver or the passenger..... going a long ways or just around the corner.....

Who here always wears their seatbelt?

Always in the front seat mostly in the back, which is a rarity, if it is accessible. A lot of people's back seat belts get mushed into the crack and you cannot find them easily in my experience.

It's just become a habit for me. As soon as I get in the car that's the first thing I do. I've heard way to many stories of people not wearing their seatbelts.

I usually do, but not if I'm just going down the street or something.

I freely admit that I'm a habitual scofflaw and rarely wear a seatbelt. I do tend to throw one on between here and Phoenix because I-10 is packed with crazies but I rarely use one around town.

Yes, especially when driving because I would not want to lose control of the vehicle due to an accident and the resulting jostling. Though, when in Africa, there's rarely such an option.

Why would anybody need a law to wear a seatbelt? Not wearing a seatbelt-- ever, for any reason, for any duration-- is incredibly stupid.

Yes. Y'all haven't seen how my husband drives. *shudder*

Never. The exhilaration of exploding glass and cold night air is a tonic for the weary soul.

Smarts a bit, though.

Why would anybody need a law to wear a seatbelt? Not wearing a seatbelt-- ever, for any reason, for any duration-- is incredibly stupid.

Could say the same thing about motorcycle helmets but people don't think they should have to wear them. Could say the same thing about putting your kids in booster seats, but people don't want to have to do that. Could say the thing about people who I see driving down the road with their toddler in their lap pretending to steer, but they do.

Yes. Y'all haven't seen how my husband drives. *shudder*

I went on a day trip with some teacher friends the other day and I was hanging on for dear life. :lol:

Yes. All the time and no exceptions. If im in the back im the guy in the back seat trying to find the seat belt in the cracks.

Only when I go through bridge and tunnel toll booths - always LEO's around there looking to ticket people (at least by me)

I actually bought a seat belt extender to click into the seat belt receptacle so I don't have to listen to the incessant 'ding..ding...ding..' warning me that I'm not wearing a seatbelt. Works great at fooling the alarm and can still be used normally when necessary.

laws are made for the ones that are too stupid to do something right without any direction

Absolutely. I wear it even if I'm driving a half-mile to the store. My husband never wore his, and I've nagged him down 'til it's automatic for him to wear his now, too. :lol: And all 3 of my girls wear theirs, without fail. It's just automatic, for all of us.

I always wear a seatbelt in a vehicle. They're not 100% effective of course, but a whole lot more effective than no belt at all.

I always cringe when I hear non-seatbelt users say "my buddy died in an accident because he was wearing a searbelt, so I never wear one!" Just stupid.

i can't say always, but its around the 99th percentile.

laws are made for the ones that are too stupid to do something right without any direction

I feel sorry for anybody who needs to be compelled by force of law to take care of themselves in basic ways.

I went on a day trip with some teacher friends the other day and I was hanging on for dear life. :lol:

Interesting...I have noticed over the years that people in my passenger seat do tend to wear their seatbelt.....cling to the grip that dangles off the ceiling.....close their eyes.....cry.....

I've always wondered why:confused:

I do- always, it's just a habit. Darn you Ralph Nader!! LOL

I always wear my seatbelt. What got me in the habit was living in the Netherlands when I was younger and at the time they had strict seatbelt laws compared to the United States. It just seems to make sense to me to wear one when driving since I understand what will happen if the car comes to an abrupt stop.

Interesting...I have noticed over the years that people in my passenger seat do tend to wear their seatbelt.....cling to the grip that dangles off the ceiling.....close their eyes.....cry.....

I've always wondered why:confused:

The guy I was seeing last year was a horrible driver. He scared the crap out of me several times.

No matter if you're the driver or the passenger..... going a long ways or just around the corner.....

Who here always wears their seatbelt?

Not much choice since most cars these days have sensors that continue to blare as long as a seat is occupied without a seatbelt being engaged. My car does so I always wear the belt.

For older cars? I still do just because I don't want to get a ticket (or if a passenger, get both myself and the driver a ticket). It's fairly annoying but it has saved me from injury and possibly death at least once when a drunk driver smashed into the side of my new car. lol :)

Back
Top Bottom