• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you wear a mask in public?

Do you wear a mask in public?

• Total voters
Is there like only 14 of us who understand this?

Humans, modern humans, that is, like to think we can control anything, if we just have enough science to do it. We've been sold on that concept. science is the new religion. Nature disagrees. Sometimes it just shows us who's boss.

Humans, modern humans, that is, like to think we can control anything, if we just have enough science to do it. We've been sold on that concept. science is the new religion. Nature disagrees. Sometimes it just shows us who's boss.

Dont get me started on this plan to impoverish humans in an effort to control the weather.

That's some really stupid **** right there.

Dont get me started on this plan to impoverish humans in an effort to control the weather.

That's some really stupid **** right there.

It is an effort to reduce consumer consumption in general. But when I saw Michael Moore's new film, where he states absolutely that all our "green" efforts won't be enough, I became aware that what they really want is population reduction. Moore actually said that. By what means I don't know. Maybe a virus of some kind? :)

It is an effort to reduce consumer consumption in general. But when I saw Michael Moore's new film, where he states absolutely that all our "green" efforts won't be enough, I became aware that what they really want is population reduction. Moore actually said that. By what means I don't know. Maybe a virus of some kind? :)

Here is another thing.....I have read some very smart people claim that using actually data rather that "I have a Dream!" thinking electric cars are worse for the planet than the best of the all gas cars.

You would never guess that the way most people talk and think.

These people are going to save the planet?

Here is another thing.....I have read some very smart people claim that using actually data rather that "I have a Dream!" thinking electric cars are worse for the planet than the best of the all gas cars.

There are some interesting arguments on that topic. But here's the thing. We frack oil for many other products besides gasoline. But no matter how you do it, you get about half of it coming out as gas. You might as well use it. Burn it clean, and some of the new engines are amazing at how clean they burn and the gas mileage. I don't think gas cars are going away any time soon. The whole global warming debate is smoke and mirrors.

There are some interesting arguments on that topic. But here's the thing. We frack oil for many other products besides gasoline. But no matter how you do it, you get about half of it coming out as gas. You might as well use it. Burn it clean, and some of the new engines are amazing at how clean they burn and the gas mileage. I don't think gas cars are going away any time soon. The whole global warming debate is smoke and mirrors.

Not enough....anyone who has anything to say that screws with what has been decided or that messes with the best interests of the most powerful generally get told to sit down and shut up, their contribution is not required.

I think not.

The better question should be:

When social distancing is not feasible, do you wear a mask in public?

Then the second question should be:

Do you wear the mask properly?

democrat-wrong-masks-e1586443525554.jpg

Not enough....anyone who has anything to say that screws with what has been decided or that messes with the best interests of the most powerful generally get told to sit down and shut up, their contribution is not required.

I think not.

The debate is over...or so we've been told. I never knew we ever had a real debate.

The debate is over...or so we've been told. I never knew we ever had a real debate.

Its like with immigration....we the citizens were never consulted about having open borders.

What has happened is that the elites have decided that they are going to do what they want to do, the consent of the nation is no longer required.

Al Gore did not politicize AGW, he just repeated the science. The energy industry and their lobbyists are who politicized it. The guy getting 85% of the science right on AGW is not politicizing it, its the folks that distort the science that are.
His fans certainly politicized it. I can't help but think that they got it from Gore.

Yes, the industries affected by Gore's recommendations responded politically too. So now it's a big political hot mess. So much so that the US is behind the industrial nations in resolving it.

The planet will be fine. Whether or not the human race survives is a matter of debate.

Thats not what Carlin said,,,,,He said that we are ****ed,,,,,,we are going away.

Where did I claim George Carlin said it? It's my post. It's a scientific reality. We could take a 6 mile wide asteroid strike and the planet would be fine. Us? Not so much.

BTW, I thought you gave up this forum. Why are you back? LOL

where did i claim george carlin said it? It's my post. It's a scientific reality. We could take a 6 mile wide asteroid strike and the planet would be fine. Us? Not so much.

Btw, i thought you gave up this forum. Why are you back? Lol

lol..

I carry one with me at all times and keep extras in the car. Our state just recently mandated them in public, after them being optional before. Everyone in my household practices social distancing when outside the home and we limit the frequency of our forays to further distance ourselves. That said, I generally have not been wearing a mask except when going to more crowded areas or into a place where it is mandatory.

The attempt to shame people who don't wear a mask as "uncaring", much less as "murderers" as I've seen is both as shameful a behavior as the claim is absurd.

I am far more concerned about the state claiming the authority to dictate what I wear than I am about potentially catching COVID-19. The former will prove far deadlier.

Hopefully, we'll hear what transpired....when it rises once again;)

Agreed. I looked on both their Twitter feed and Facebook page but neither had been updated. .......Maybe someone got arrested. :2razz:

I carry one with me at all times and keep extras in the car. Our state just recently mandated them in public, after them being optional before. Everyone in my household practices social distancing when outside the home and we limit the frequency of our forays to further distance ourselves. That said, I generally have not been wearing a mask except when going to more crowded areas or into a place where it is mandatory.

The attempt to shame people who don't wear a mask as "uncaring", much less as "murderers" as I've seen is both as shameful a behavior as the claim is absurd.

I am far more concerned about the state claiming the authority to dictate what I wear than I am about potentially catching COVID-19. The former will prove far deadlier.

Anti social thinking........me first.

Yes i wear a face mask because you never know if you are a carrier of c19 witch can cause you to make sick or kill your fellow american citizens.. even a caveman / MAGA supporter should understand that. To the people that feel their freedom is taken away if forced to wear a mask.. i am going to make this simple. your so called freedom has already been taken away on a lot of things you cannot do or have to do!!!! Can you go outside naked??? how dare some government tell you you have to wear clothes when in public when it wont even get another person sick or wont kill them .... see how fast you will really lose your freedom when they lock you up... i rest my case. those mask that should be worn will save lives ..the doctors and the scientist are not lying and i think you know that!!!!! But you follks that dont wear a mask in public are just like Trump....you dont give a s--t about any other american life but your self....period...but will call yourself a patriot and wave the american flag

Hopefully, we'll hear what transpired....when it rises once again;)

we are not happy with you because you wanted to keep another human being as property . but you being a white person you would kill anyone if they tried to make you a slave that would be against god correct???? by the way you tried to break up this country in the civil war just top keep slaves/ humans as property where you can rape and kill other humans at will

Al Gore did not politicize AGW, he just repeated the science. The energy industry and their lobbyists are who politicized it. The guy getting 85% of the science right on AGW is not politicizing it, its the folks that distort the science that are.
Algore wrote a narrative totally devoid of science.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom