• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you wear a black mask?

Do you wear a black mask?

• Total voters

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Every politician now wears a black mask for covid-19 when they wear a mask.

I don't.

Do you wear a black mask and why do you think politicians wear black masks? Doctors and nurses don't wear black masks.

I do...got mine from Humana...I have a green one, too...what does that mean?

I don't.

Do you wear a black mask and why do you think politicians wear black masks? Doctors and nurses don't wear black masks.
Meaning of the black mask:

The Enigmatic Black
While many cultures associate black with negativity, it has a sharp connection with mystery, authority, elegance. Men who are bold and are not afraid to drift away from societal rules and the status quo can justify wearing a black masquerade mask. Feel free to experiment with a silver hooded cloak, for a full effect!

All of which is every bit as meaningful as a horoscope or fortune cookie.

I don't think that's why politicians are wearing black masks.
Maybe not.

Could be the same reason the bad guys wore black hats in the old TV westerns, so we could see who they were?

I usually wear a disposable mask. We have to change masks on a schedule.

I don't.

White guilt. ;)

I don't.

I am a ICU RN. I wear either level one or two mask nearly 12 hours a day and depending on my patient issues.....N95s quite a bit.
Combine that with a face shield and isolation gown for most of that time.

When I am off work and need a mask, I go for pure comfort.

tommy copper.jpg

Yes, my primary masks for outside of work are black. And I am a nurse.
I have multiple others, but these Tommy Copper's are supper comfy.

I am a ICU RN. I wear either level one or two mask nearly 12 hours a day and depending on my patient issues.....N95s quite a bit.
Combine that with a face shield and isolation gown for most of that time.

When I am off work and need a mask, I go for pure comfort.

View attachment 67296374

Yes, my primary masks for outside of work are black. And I am a nurse.
I have multiple others, but these Tommy Copper's are supper comfy.
Can you toss them in the washing machine?

Maybe not. Could be the same reason the bad guys wore black hats in the old TV westerns, so we could see who they were?

How limber you are to make that stretch... :rolleyes:

What about formal wear, men in black, tuxs at prom. weddings, funerals.... are they all bad guys???

I guess guys who fixate on color rather than actions see it your way, then again if you really watched old 'tv' westerns you'd see only the real hack movies use black hats, most wore a tan, dirty, sweat stained- both good and bad guys- well except early John Wayne movies, he dressed like a real tinhorn dude... ✌

I wear black masks, black is my favorite color.

I have 3 gators with ear loops, one is black with a white Cheshire cat grin, the other black one has phases of the moon with stars, and the last gator is a Vincent van Gogh Starry Night image.

Hanes makes black and white t-shirt masks that are super comfortable. I have a set of each. I prefer the black ones because my sons sometimes have laundry as their chores and they tend to miss the sorting of whites, so now at least one of my formally white masks is tie dye pink (reminded me of Rachel doing laundry).

I also have a grey mask with a Chiefs anchor, some Hawaiian floral masks, a couple of gators, some patriotic masks, a Batman mask, a SpongeBob mask, and some camouflage masks, along with a box of disposables.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I don't.

So you can tell the good guys from the bad guys?

How limber you are to make that stretch... :rolleyes:

What about formal wear, men in black, tuxs at prom. weddings, funerals.... are they all bad guys???

I guess guys who fixate on color rather than actions see it your way, then again if you really watched old 'tv' westerns you'd see only the real hack movies use black hats, most wore a tan, dirty, sweat stained- both good and bad guys- well except early John Wayne movies, he dressed like a real tinhorn dude... ✌
Sometimes, humor just sails right over people's heads.
What difference can the color of the mask possibly make?

How's this for a mask?

il_1588xN.2503023555_7hav.jpg

I don't.

I got a three pack (one black, one red, and one blue) from Costco (in BC) for CDN$18.75 (roughly US$13.13). You can buy the equivalent at Costco in Bellingham (and throughout the US) for US$18.75.

I wear them in rotation.

Last edited:
So you can tell the good guys from the bad guys?

I'm not so sure that that's all that reliable.

After all, this guy

lone ranger.jpg

wore a black mask (and the other one [Harold Jay Smith] wasn't even an American).

only if i wanna look really cool.

Back
Top Bottom