• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you want America to look like Portland and New York City?

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If Biden wins and the democrats have control of the government are you going to be OK with an America that looks like Portland, New York City and Chicago? Violence, chaos, looting and police being defunded.

I don't want an America that looks like Trump's America.

118074087_3486213458064047_8520512028016091990_n.jpg

If Biden wins and the democrats have control of the government are you going to be OK with an America that looks like Portland, New York City and Chicago? Violence, chaos, looting and police being defunded.

Big City problems are Big City problems. They could all crumble to dust tomorrow for all I care. That crap starts in my area, the protestors are going to be wanting to overfund the police to stop all the rednecks killing them. Folks around here shoot back.

Big City problems are Big City problems. They could all crumble to dust tomorrow for all I care. That crap starts in my area, the protestors are going to be wanting to overfund the police to stop all the rednecks killing them. Folks around here shoot back.

Deliverance ain't just a movie, eh?

Mother??? lol You're gonna have to explain that one.

I was going for that creepy Pence vibe

It seems I hit the mark, lol

Deliverance ain't just a movie, eh?

I wouldn't know, but not that long ago we had a jury let a man off for shooting someone in the back running away from their house in the middle of the night, contrary to what my state's standards for self-defense are. Man never even made it into the house. He was trying to break in a window and got caught.

LOL, in your wildest dreams you could not live in NYC it's so above your pay grade.

I wouldn't know, but not that long ago we had a jury let a man off for shooting someone in the back running away from their house in the middle of the night, contrary to what my state's standards for self-defense are. Man never even made it into the house. He was trying to break in a window and got caught.

I hear banjos.

I hear banjos.

If my city weren't 49% black then maybe that would be the case. You probably hear a Kanye West smash hit with sampled tracts.

YOOHOOO!

Apparently you totally miss the point that the violence choas, looting and police "defunding" is happening in TRUMP"S AMERICA! Self awareness is not a strong point with republicans.

truly amazing.

So you think the country could survive without the big cities? What do you think drives the US economy? Small towns?

Lived in NYC. Been to Portland. Both are far preferable to Trumplandia.

So you think the country could survive without the big cities? What do you think drives the US economy? Small towns?

Farms mostly. Big cities are points of accounting for rent seekers. No more. No less.

Lived in NYC. Been to Portland. Both are far preferable to Trumplandia.

These days, in NYC you run the risk of getting shot and in Portland, the risk of losing your business to arsonists.

Wow I bet that SWELLS you with pride.... :roll:

Do you know of any other periods of American history when there is violence, chaos, vandalism, etc? I'll give you a hint: early 1770s Boston. But I suppose those examples of violence and vandalism are okay, right?

Farms mostly. Big cities are points of accounting for rent seekers. No more. No less.

Really? People go where jobs are. Big cities are big for a reason. Without cities the US economy would be a tiny fraction of what it is.

These days, in NYC you run the risk of getting shot and in Portland, the risk of losing your business to arsonists.

The last few months the violent crime rate has spiked that’s true but overall in the last few years the city has been very safe.

Really? People go where jobs are. Big cities are big for a reason. Without cities the US economy would be a tiny fraction of what it is.

People chase something that no longer exists. It no longer exists because those that control how money is spent, the money pot, drain it into there own pockets, and over a period of time...... there is none left..... the money pot.... every day month and year drained into another pot, that greed makes bigger and bigger. Until people realise there has to be a mixed economy, with checks and balances, legislation, to stop sever excesses... I.e. True Capitalism, there is to be only more poverty, of war, of murder, less freedoms, and the worst detrimental excesses humanity is capable. Capitalism only breeds inequality, starvation, as it's based on excessive profits..... and profits are unpaid wages. The higher the profits the poorer the employee.

Without big cities we would have a lot more smaller cities.

Back
Top Bottom