• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you trust Trump to handle financial crisis?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
When Trump became president he got a very good economy that many thought was ready to boom and it did. Then Trump decided to start a tariff war which in part has lead to a slowdown in the international and in the past two months the US economy. IN the past month our stock market has crashed in a way it hasn't since 1929. We may be in a for a slow down in the next two years as forecast by many economists. SO, do you trust Trump to handle a possible financial crisis?

We are not in a financial crisis. The bubble has been popping for about three months now. Perfect time to enter into a long term dividend equity position. Like PETS, SMID, HWKN, ODC, USLM, or SND,

I wouldn't trust Trump to walk with Scissors...or spell scissors for that matter.

When Trump became president he got a very good economy that many thought was ready to boom and it did. Then Trump decided to start a tariff war which in part has lead to a slowdown in the international and in the past two months the US economy. IN the past month our stock market has crashed in a way it hasn't since 1929. We may be in a for a slow down in the next two years as forecast by many economists. SO, do you trust Trump to handle a possible financial crisis?

Donald "Stable Genius", "Successful Businessman" "Big TV Star" "Billionaire" Trump IS a financial crisis. He has been a financial crisis his entire life. In fact if they begin naming recessions like hurricanes the next recession should be named "Recession Stable Genius".

No. Simply because he's a reactionary and can't be bothered with details. Those aren't the qualities that inspire confidence in a decision maker.

We are not in a financial crisis. The bubble has been popping for about three months now. Perfect time to enter into a long term dividend equity position. Like PETS, SMID, HWKN, ODC, USLM, or SND,

I said we were in a slow down, not a crisis. I asked if you thought if it came to it, could Trump handle a crisis.

You're asking if a man who declared bankruptcy six times and said he was the king of debt and loves debt that he's the right guy to lead us through an economic financial crisis?

The short answer is no

HELL N0 !

No..absolutely not. Donald is clueless. Mnuchin is capable but is no Hank Paulson. Fed Chair Powell is capable but the symbiotic relationship between Paulson, Fed Chair Ben Bernacke and Head of the NY Fed. Tim Geithner was quite possibly a once in a lifetime blending of just the right talents at just the right time. That Tim went on to be Obama's Treasury Sec was another piece of genius/luck as Tim knew where the bodies were buried, knew what he, Paulson and Bernacke had done why they had done it. He was thus uniquely capable of seeing that while the slid into oblivion had been stopped, the system left behind was badly broken and locked up to boot.

I don't see any of that in Mnuchin who by virtue of his idiot boss just stumbled into making matters worse from his vacation spot in Cabo.

Clearly the Mnuchin call from Cabo was not something he devised from vaca in Cabo but something Trump demanded he do. Should have resigned in protest. What the heck, we already have a TV personage UN Ambassador, an Ex-Boing exec with no experience Acting Sec of Def, long time House cuckoo, Mick the quick as "Acting" COS (even Mick was not stupid enough to take that job full time), Oh by the way Mick is still heading OMB...Ah-huh, a political hack Acting AG, an Acting EPA head, a vacancy at Interior with Zenke resigning ahead of handcuffs and Neilson with one foot out the door! Whats one more, more or less?

Last edited:

Didn't say we were. Asked if we had any trust in trump for such a now, much more likely possibility.

I wouldn't trust trump to successfully tie his own shoes. At 26,000 the sell off began, since then...cash is king.

Last edited:
No, but I think he's uniquely suited to causing one.
He was doing fine until Dems stole the House then the fit hit the shan. :hitsfan:

That would require that Trump care enough to put in some time learning the basic facts involved. Based on history, we know that's never going to happen, so no I don't trust him.

He was doing fine until Dems stole the House then the fit hit the shan. :hitsfan:

Bottom started to fall out once his trade wars began catching up to him.

October 8, 2018: IMF Cuts Forecast for Global Growth as Trade War Takes Toll

sy7406.png

No. Simply because he's a reactionary and can't be bothered with details. Those aren't the qualities that inspire confidence in a decision maker.

It's not that he can't be bothered with details, it's that imo he's too lazy and cares too little to actually learn the details.

Or perhaps he already has his eye on some property he can scoop up on the cheap if the economy crashes?

Not even a nice try, just more partisan bullcrap.

In fact the dems did not 'steal' the house. They blew away repubs despite them having stolen govts. all over the US.

NO !! I think trump grabbed her ***** (or lusted after her daughter) and she ran away as fast as possible.

Without Yellen reminding him our federal reserve is a Jewish run private bank, he might make some terrible blunders.

Of course I don't trust him. He has us borrowing over a trillion a year, 700ish billion of which is simply to fund his tax cuts which were naturally for the richest entities.

The moment even a normal recession hits, that's going to spell serious trouble. And of course, a recession isn't the time when you want to raise taxes.

But hey, deficits only matter if a Democrat is president.

Not even a nice try, just more partisan bullcrap.

In fact the dems did not 'steal' the house. They blew away repubs despite them having stolen govts. all over the US.
Ironic you'd accuse me of partisan bullcrap using your own partisan bullcrap. Solid brain work there, big guy. :lamo

Without Yellen reminding him our federal reserve is a Jewish run private bank, he might make some terrible blunders.

Well because this has nothing whatever to do with any of them being Jewish, it's because he felt she wasn't loyal to him...

and him only.

Well because this has nothing whatever to do with any of them being Jewish, it's because he felt she wasn't loyal to him...

and him only.
our federal reserve is a private bank. President Trump might not remember that part. Maybe he will boot them out like Iceland did.

Ironic you'd accuse me of partisan bullcrap using your own partisan bullcrap. Solid brain work there, big guy. :lamo

But we have such incontrovertible evidence, that the truth shall bear up. The repubs full time job it to steal all houses with any

number of often repeated electioneering methods and with lame duck governors stripping dem govts. of power.

I give you the partisan choice of the voters.

our federal reserve is a private bank. President Trump might not remember that part. Maybe he will boot them out like Iceland did.

The fed is 80% owned by the 12 regional bank (untraded stocks) limited to a 6% return with any overage going to the US treasury.

20% is owned by the US govt.

Back
Top Bottom