• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Trust the Florida Ballot Recount?

Do You Trust the Florida Ballot Recount?

• Total voters
Which matters, how? In relation to my posts?

I thought you were saying that Pam Keith's solicitation for signatures would have been valid had it occurred in California? The law says that wouldn't be the case.

I thought you were saying that Pam Keith's solicitation for signatures would have been valid had it occurred in California? The law says that wouldn't be the case.
I'm not sure what you're looking at due to your quoted snippet lacking context, but here what I believe is the pertinent text from your link:

(e) (1) (A) Notwithstanding any other law, if an elections official determines that a voter has failed to sign the identification envelope, the elections official shall not reject the vote by mail ballot if the voter does any of the following:

(i) Signs the identification envelope at the office of the elections official during regular business hours before 5 p.m. on the eighth day after the election.

(ii) Before 5 p.m. on the eighth day after the election, completes and submits an unsigned ballot statement in substantially the following form:

Whether we are, or are not choosing the proper text, Cali is currently reaching-out to cure ballots with signature problems.

They call Florida the **** up state for a reason. It's a magnet for losers that would freeze to death if they were bums elsewhere.

An absolute disgrace. People in Vanuatu and Palau must be laughing at how incompetent we are.

NO.
The only way I would trust it is if they only counted the ballots before and on November 6th, 2018.
All of those suspicious "found' ballots are suspect.
I think they were already filled in and PREPOSITIONED and waiting to be "found', later by those that already knew where they were.

They call Florida the **** up state for a reason. It's a magnet for losers that would freeze to death if they were bums elsewhere.

You have no idea how accurate that statement is.
When I would go to any management seminar located in Florida, one thing was certain.
If a stranger walked up to you and said anything...anything at all....it was eventually a ploy to bum money from you.
That was the only state I have been to where 100% of the strangers initiating a conversation wanted to BUM money.

Other places they would ask directions, comment on something we all just saw, or stuff like that....and yes, some asked to borrow money.
ONLY IN FLORIDA, do 100% of them ask to borrow money.
It got to where i would look at them menacingly as they approached and said, " My money is staying in my pocket "!

I'm going to assume that if you're voting on this poll, you've kept an eye on what's been occurring in Florida's elections process the last several days. Some highlights:

- Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum (D) conceded the race to Ron DeSantis (R) last week, but has now rescinded his concession.

- A postal worker in Miami-Dade County reported crates of ballots sitting in a storage area of the Opalocka mail facility. Ballots are supposed to be held by the elections board for 22 months after an election. It's unsure whether the ballots found in the storage area were ever counted.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/11/po...ots/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

- Broward County official Brenda Snipes, who has a history of bungling elections, was found to have missed valid ballots with invalid ones, once again drawing complaints of incompetence, or corruption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/br...d-illegal-provisional-ballots-with-valid-ones

- The ballots were poorly designed, and several thousand voters missed voting on the Senate race because it was placed directly below the instructions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...odd-ballot-could-cost-sen-nelson-race-n934836

Do you personally trust the recount process now in place in light of how badly many election officials appear to have bungled things in Florida? Why or why not?

To be honest, no. I don't trust it one bit.

Seeing as even when I was still a democrat, there where horror stories just floating around about how badly things worked in Florida and it didn't get much better when I was station there in Jacksonville. So I was able to see it a good bit closer and hear far more stories about the ugly back room activities of my party at that time.

The biggest problem I see is the refusal to disclose methods as ordered by the court and by law. There is a thing called under and over voting, over voting is checking multiple boxes for the same type of election, like voting boh democrat and republican candidates for senate, and under voting is where not all candidates in an election are voted on, like they may choose house and senate but not vote on gov race.

What I fear is the counting of undervotes before what florida law allows, and given the secrecy so far, it makes one wonder what is being hidden after a court order especially on something as serious as vote counting.

I trust the recount process in Florida. Problems exist in many states because of old machines, old technology, and political shenanigans. Fraud is rare but mismanagement isn't. Voting machines sit in storage for long periods of time. Systems aren't kept up dated because of budget constraints. Still, the amount of oversight and scrutiny is so much that the recount should be trusted. I assume the fact that we voted is public record, not the details of how we voted.
We should all be proactive enough to check our voting record to make sure our votes are being counted.

One county revealed Monday that it had allowed some hurricane-displaced voters to cast their ballots by email —a violation of state law. Another had to restart its recount after getting about a quarter finished because someone forgot to push a button.

Palm Beach said it won’t finish its recount by the Thursday deadline. And in oft-criticized Broward County, additional sheriff’s deputies were sent to guard ballots and voting machines, even though a judge said no Republican who has publicly alleged fraud in the county’s process (a list that includes President Donald Trump and Gov. Rick Scott) has presented any evidence to law enforcement. https://www.apnews.com/71472c46f771431aa5c038db78a6c78f
The critical left blames Trump (of course), claims he can't accept that people repudiate him, on the other hand that electoral figure in Broward has a track record (with judicial determinations against her) for tampering with the ballot box -plus she's a Democrat. So it seems reasonable not to have high confidence in the integrity of the electoral process (at least not in Broward).

I trust the recount process in Florida. Problems exist in many states because of old machines, old technology, and political shenanigans. Fraud is rare but mismanagement isn't. Voting machines sit in storage for long periods of time. Systems aren't kept up dated because of budget constraints. Still, the amount of oversight and scrutiny is so much that the recount should be trusted. I assume the fact that we voted is public record, not the details of how we voted.
We should all be proactive enough to check our voting record to make sure our votes are being counted.

I would not trust the results at this point, not even the machines but the fact brenda snipes is involved, who had committed election fraud in two previous elections and still has her job, if it had not been for someone like her who was known to pull such stunts and never get punished, people would not be questioning it nearly as much.

Back
Top Bottom