• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Trust the Florida Ballot Recount?

Do You Trust the Florida Ballot Recount?

• Total voters
Shouldn’t governor Scott recuse himself from the process?

Hahahaha! You made a funny! :lol:

Recuse?? He's already filed three lawsuits to shut the recount down, lol.

Why is it always Florida? Get your crap together, people!

They can handle being hit by hurricanes, but they can't do an election without something going wrong. :doh

Snipes has a long history of the voting process in her county going wrong, delayed, illegals voting, late report of the number of votes cast (supposed to be 1/2 hour after the polls close), so she's either corrupt or incompetent. Either way, she needs to go, but her constituents kept voting her in.

Then there's your answer as to why they'd dare to ask people to sign their ballots this time.

Why is it always Florida? Get your crap together, people!

From what's been reported, it's only 2 counties, and at least in Broward county it seems to keep going back to one person, election supervisor Brenda Snipes.

I expect the MSM will declare a fair recount occurred after they've overturned all of the Republican victories. DOJ needs to investigate and actually seek indictments this time. The only way to stop election fraud is by making an example out of someone.

If vote fraud has indeed been committed, yes. Absolutely yes.

So Gov. Scott has really been derelict while in office, huh?

He could've purged them from the voter rolls, but then some Leftist hack would've screamed bloody murder about "voter surpression".

He could've purged them from the voter rolls, but then some Leftist hack would've screamed bloody murder about "voter surpression".

Not in a GOP controlled sate.

From what's been reported, it's only 2 counties, and at least in Broward county it seems to keep going back to one person, election supervisor Brenda Snipes.

aka Don King In Drag.

aka Don King In Drag.

:shrug:

DrsalqWVYAAsFbC.jpg

But still. Making fun of how people look?

They call Florida the **** up state for a reason. It's a magnet for losers that would freeze to death if they were bums elsewhere.

A producer for the Jerry Springer television show once said, "If it weren't for Florida and Texas we wouldn't have enough guests to produce the show."

I'm going to assume that if you're voting on this poll, you've kept an eye on what's been occurring in Florida's elections process the last several days. Some highlights:

- Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum (D) conceded the race to Ron DeSantis (R) last week, but has now rescinded his concession.

- A postal worker in Miami-Dade County reported crates of ballots sitting in a storage area of the Opalocka mail facility. Ballots are supposed to be held by the elections board for 22 months after an election. It's unsure whether the ballots found in the storage area were ever counted.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/11/po...ots/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

- Broward County official Brenda Snipes, who has a history of bungling elections, was found to have missed valid ballots with invalid ones, once again drawing complaints of incompetence, or corruption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/br...d-illegal-provisional-ballots-with-valid-ones

- The ballots were poorly designed, and several thousand voters missed voting on the Senate race because it was placed directly below the instructions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...odd-ballot-could-cost-sen-nelson-race-n934836

Do you personally trust the recount process now in place in light of how badly many election officials appear to have bungled things in Florida? Why or why not?

Red:
A recount can rectify whatever discrepancy or omissions may exist in connection with those ballots.

Blue:
  • I think you meant "mixed" when you wrote "missed." Did you?
  • Yes, she's shown herself to be incompetent at doing her job. It's not clear to me why Bush appointed her as Supervisor of Elections in Broward County, but what is more puzzling is why, after her screw-ups in 2012 and 2016, Gov. Scott didn't remove her from office.

Pink:
That is what it is. To be sure, it's yet another manifestation of ineptitude, imprudence and glibness. Nonetheless, voters are expected and required to carefully read the ballot they're given. Too, there's nothing that can be done about it; if one didn't cast a vote for the senate position, well, one didn't. It's not as though vote counters can impute a vote where none is cast.

Tan:

• I haven't reviewed the process details for the recount.
  • Because I don't know the details of the recount process, I haven't enough information to attest to whether I trust the actual process the various FL counties will use.
  • I do know that an aptly designed and executed recount process can emend extant errors that occurred in the initial vote counting process.

They're mail ins - it'll be on the envelope or something. Look I can't suggest every logistic solution from the other end of the internet here. But that's no reason to cancel a recount required by law.

These are the rules : IF the Republican is ahead, every effort must be made to stop the recount. If the Democrat is ahead every effort must be made to claim voter fraud.

A producer for the Jerry Springer television show once said, "If it weren't for Florida and Texas we wouldn't have enough guests to produce the show."

Was that the same producer who coached a young woman into claiming she'd been sexed up by Trump?

She's a proven crook. She doesn't deserve respect.

I've heard reported a number of law suits for around a decade stemming from similar performance, or lack thereof, in previous elections.

Proof she's a crook?

Back
Top Bottom