• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Trust the Florida Ballot Recount?

Do You Trust the Florida Ballot Recount?

• Total voters
OMG! Repukes got nothing but to try and suppress the vote like that scumbag kemp. Good for her to try and do the right thing.

Unsigned ballots are void. If Democrats are this alarmed over unsigned ballots, maybe you guys need to offer free courses to your voters, entitled, 'How to Sign Your Own Name'.

Here's another little gem:

"Florida officials are now saying that nearly 200,000 registered voters may not be U.S. citizens.

An initial list drawn up by the state — and not widely released — shows that a comparison of voter lists and driver's license information turned up a list of nearly 182,000 people who may not be U.S. citizens."

Let me guess; they were auto-registered to vote by the DMV?

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Nearly-200000-Florida-Voters-May-Not-Be-Citizens-151212725.html

So Gov. Scott has really been derelict while in office, huh?

Yes and let's fingerprint and ID everyone at the door, make them stand in line for five hours, preferably in the rain, move the polling station 10 miles and make sure some armed 'militia' of fat jumped-up airsofters in camouflage face paint with AR15s is on standby to ask people where they came from and if they have any outstanding parking tickets. I mean if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Or just count the damn votes and heck, DeSantis will probably still win. What is this massive objection to Florida following its own election law and conducting a recount?

Last edited:
Unsigned ballots are void. If Democrats are this alarmed over unsigned ballots, maybe you guys need to offer free courses to your voters, entitled, 'How to Sign Your Own Name'.

I'm sure Jews are involved in this conspiracy as well.

So Gov. Scott has really been derelict while in office, huh?
Did Scott support Motor Voter laws? He fail to verify every single registrant personally?

They're mail ins - it'll be on the envelope or something. Look I can't suggest every logistic solution from the other end of the internet here. But that's no reason to cancel a recount required by law.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that if you're voting on this poll, you've kept an eye on what's been occurring in Florida's elections process the last several days. Some highlights:

- Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum (D) conceded the race to Ron DeSantis (R) last week, but has now rescinded his concession.

- A postal worker in Miami-Dade County reported crates of ballots sitting in a storage area of the Opalocka mail facility. Ballots are supposed to be held by the elections board for 22 months after an election. It's unsure whether the ballots found in the storage area were ever counted.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/11/po...ots/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/&rm=1

- Broward County official Brenda Snipes, who has a history of bungling elections, was found to have missed valid ballots with invalid ones, once again drawing complaints of incompetence, or corruption.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/br...d-illegal-provisional-ballots-with-valid-ones

- The ballots were poorly designed, and several thousand voters missed voting on the Senate race because it was placed directly below the instructions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...odd-ballot-could-cost-sen-nelson-race-n934836

Do you personally trust the recount process now in place in light of how badly many election officials appear to have bungled things in Florida? Why or why not?

To be honest, unless we get a national voter ID and have a combination of electronic with paper ballot backup system in place then I won't have much faith in any vote. It is crazy to me that given the technology we have we can't come up with a more efficient and accurate system then what we have.

Funny how Scott never axed Snipes .

They're mail ins - it'll be on the envelope or something. Look I can't suggest every logistic solution from the other end of the internet here. But that's no reason to cancel a recount required by law.

What legally binding document isn't void without a valid signature? I can't think of any.

We are not living in a political climate where I can have much confidence we have mostly trusted neutral officials. The cases of hypocrisy, partisanship and bias are palpable in multiple domains. So here we have a body of evidence of plausible shenanigans. So yes I have little faith no-one is/did weigh the scales.

I expect the MSM will declare a fair recount occurred after they've overturned all of the Republican victories. DOJ needs to investigate and actually seek indictments this time. The only way to stop election fraud is by making an example out of someone.

I trust the Florida recount process; it's the courts I don't trust.

Scott is using his clout as current governor to find judges who will shut the recount down before the big blue counties can possibly complete, with three individual races to recount, in the time that has been allotted to them.

That is the question, isn't it? You'd have thought they would have learned their lesson once and for all from 2000.

Well, they kinda did learn that lesson, too well in fact. They learned that in a close election, the right judge can hand the decision over to the "right" candidate, votes be damned!

I trust the Florida recount process; it's the courts I don't trust.

Scott is using his clout as current governor to find judges who will shut the recount down before the big blue counties can possibly complete, with three individual races to recount, in the time that has been allotted to them.

Shouldn’t governor Scott recuse himself from the process?

Back
Top Bottom