• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you think Zimmerman is guilty?

Is Zimmerman guilty?

• Zimmerman guilty

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Zimmerman innocent

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Guilty but not of the charged crime.

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetski

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Simple poll. Lets see what the view is.

Simple poll. Lets see what the view is.

To answer my own question, i think hes probably guilty of a different crime. In my country hed go to jail for what he did anyways. Killing someone is rarely, if ever, considered reasonable force. On public ground and shooting someone younger than you, who is unarmed, is murder or manslaughter. Shooting someone or having a gun would send you down period.

I dont know how it works stateside, but im pretty sure therel be another prosecution by the family.

Huh? How is this a legitimate poll? The jury just answered the question. Haven't you been keeping up?

To answer my own question, i think hes probably guilty of a different crime. In my country hed go to jail for what he did anyways. Killing someone is rarely, if ever, considered reasonable force. On public ground and shooting someone younger than you, who is unarmed, is murder or manslaughter. Shooting someone or having a gun would send you down period.

I dont know how it works stateside, but im pretty sure therel be another prosecution by the family.

I wonder what country you're in that the laws require that someone would have to let an attacker beat them to death and do nothing.

Huh? How is this a legitimate poll? The jury just answered the question. Haven't you been keeping up?

They dont own world opinion on the matter. I wanted to know what people thought.

I wonder what country you're in that the laws require that someone would have to let an attacker beat them to death and do nothing.

Ive been jumped a few times. Still here. I once sunk my fingers deep into someones eye socket whilst his three friends tried to kick me in the head. Oh to have a gun and a favourable jury that day :p dude was like a foot taller, and outweighed me by at least a stone or two.

Im pretty sure i would have been in trouble for that one.

For that matter, i have a few black friends that have been jumped before and had togo around getting the people afterwards. Would have been cool if they could have just shot them at the time.

Last edited:

So if you're an 80 year old lady and you shoot a 21 year old who's waving a knife at you, you go to jail because he was younger?

Prosecution by the family? Where are you from? I'd love to read up on your legal system. In the United States criminal charges can only be filed by the state. The crime is committed against the state not the victim.

The family can file a civil case against Zimmerman and seek money damages. In civil court the burden of proof is lower so even though Zimmerman was found not guilty of the crime he may be found civilly liable.

Use of deadly force in the United States is governed by state law and varies from state to state. Florida has one of the more liberal self defense laws. In my own state of NY, you have a duty to retreat if you safely can. As practical matter it means that you run unless the other guy has a gun and will shoot you in the back or if you're in your home.

Zimmerman was found not guilty under Florida law. That verdict includes the lesser include manslaughter. There's nothing left for him be guilty of except things like discharging a firearm too close to a dwelling or reckless endangerment or something like that.

So if you're an 80 year old lady and you shoot a 21 year old who's waving a knife at you, you go to jail because he was younger?

Prosecution by the family? Where are you from? I'd love to read up on your legal system. In the United States criminal charges can only be filed by the state. The crime is committed against the state not the victim.

The family can file a civil case against Zimmerman and seek money damages. In civil court the burden of proof is lower so even though Zimmerman was found not guilty of the crime he may be found civilly liable.

Use of deadly force in the United States is governed by state law and varies from state to state. Florida has one of the more liberal self defense laws. In my own state of NY, you have a duty to retreat if you safely can. As practical matter it means that you run unless the other guy has a gun and will shoot you in the back or if you're in your home.

Zimmerman was found not guilty under Florida law. That verdict includes the lesser include manslaughter. There's nothing left for him be guilty of except things like discharging a firearm too close to a dwelling or reckless endangerment or something like that.

Stop being obnoxious. Private prosecutions happen iirc.

And please do tell of your detailed knowledge of other countries capitals, before we get into the refineries of their legal systems.

I read the rest of your post and it was pretty good, so due credit for that.

Stop being obnoxious. Private prosecutions happen iirc.

And please do tell of your detailed knowledge of other countries capitals, before we get into the refineries of their legal systems.

I read the rest of your post and it was pretty good, so due credit for that.

Huh? I wasn't being obnoxious. Private prosecutions - as in criminal prosecutions - do not happen in the United States. The concept does not exist in our legal system.

Capitals? As in London, Paris, Rome, Berlin etc, etc? What's that have to do with anything? And why would I have detailed knowledge of them? That kind of information would only interest me if I planned on visiting them.

And European legal systems do interest me btw. I'm taking a class right now on English Common Law.

This poll is about as relevant and about as meaningful as one asking if Obama should have won the election.

Get over it - in the only place that matters, Zimmerman was acquitted - PERIOD.

Huh? I wasn't being obnoxious. Private prosecutions - as in criminal prosecutions - do not happen in the United States. The concept does not exist in our legal system.

Capitals? As in London, Paris, Rome, Berlin etc, etc? What's that have to do with anything? And why would I have detailed knowledge of them? That kind of information would only interest me if I planned on visiting them.

And European legal systems do interest me btw. I'm taking a class right now on English Common Law.

I have no idea how it works. We dont even a proper constitution. Magna carta ftw lol.

This poll is about as relevant and about as meaningful as one asking if Obama should have won the election.

Get over it - in the only place that matters, Zimmerman was acquitted - PERIOD.

Not really. People have their verdict on the verdict and their freedom of speech.

This is a private website, but its not really outside the rules to ask people what they think of verdicts.

Not really. People have their verdict on the verdict and their freedom of speech.

This is a private website, but its not really outside the rules to ask people what they think of verdicts.

No, you didn't ask what people think of the verdict, you asked "do you think Zimmerman is guilty". A court of law has already ruled on that issue.

So, let me ask it this way - what do you hope to accomplish with the results of your poll?

No, you didn't ask what people think of the verdict, you asked "do you think Zimmerman is guilty". A court of law has already ruled on that issue.

So, let me ask it this way - what do you hope to accomplish with the results of your poll?

Its not my court or my law. It has legal authority, it doesnt have authority over public opinion.

I honestly want to know what people think. I dont know enough about the details of the trial to have a hard opinion on it.

Its not my court or my law. It has legal authority, it doesnt have authority over public opinion.

I honestly want to know what people think. I dont know enough about the details of the trial to have a hard opinion on it.

Believe me, there are plenty of people who don't know enough about the details offering up worthless opinions already. Personally, I'd love to hear what you think about the issues involved after you actually become familiar with the details.

Believe me, there are plenty of people who don't know enough about the details offering up worthless opinions already. Personally, I'd love to hear what you think about the issues involved after you actually become familiar with the details.

No one offered an opinion. A poll was made asking people what their opinion was.

This is a political forum.

Welcome to the world wide web? You are kind of agreeing with me by default.

Its rather amusing.

Me: I dont know what to think so im asking people.

You: You dont know anything about it.

Me: I know, thats why im asking people.

You: Well dont make threads about it then.

Me: But thats me asking people.

You: ?

There is already a thread with this poll.

There is already a thread with this poll.

i checked the main page and didnt see one asking the simple question, post verdict.

It seemed like they were asking loaded questions.

In other news: Terry Schiavo is still dead.

Back
Top Bottom