• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think you'd move on and remarry after your spouse passes away?

I find this interesting.

I had a very brief and volatile marriage at a very young age.

But my experience was the opposite: I found women loved to play Mom to my daughter, and I even remarked to my guy friends how my kid seemed to be a babe magnet of sorts.

One (non-parent) women I started dating even later told me she remarked to her friends that she was attracted to the idea I had a kid, and she loved the way me & my kid interacted, and she liked being with us all together.

Quite honestly, the women I dated seemed to really like that I had a kid. No idea why, but they did.

Different strokes for different folks I guess ...

This would not by any chance be one well behaved non teen girl kid, would it?

The more the number, the older, the higher percentage of them kids being boys, and the worse the kid behavior the worse this goes I think, even with women. With men it all goes worse most of the time.

I don't see much benefit in dwelling on such things.

Just make sure your wills and health care proxies are in order. If it happens, it'll happen, and you'll deal with it then.

I already lost one wife,I don't think I can deal with losing another.

Possibly... Though probably not.

But I've decided one thing.

Just about to have my second child, and I'm getting a vasectomy.

My two kids will be my two kids and that's it.

Whether, god forbid my wife died, or we divorced, whatever, I don't want to be that guy, kids with different women.

This would not by any chance be one well behaved non teen girl kid, would it?

The more the number, the older, the higher percentage of them kids being boys, and the worse the kid behavior the worse this goes I think, even with women. With men it all goes worse most of the time.
Great intuition there, Hawkeye10.

She was a very young girl - her mom & I separated pretty much from the get-go. And yes, she was a well-behaved agreeable child.

Great intuition there, Hawkeye10.

She was a very young girl - her mom & I separated pretty much from the get-go. And yes, she was a well-behaved agreeable child.

That was the result of a superior education.

Including the skilled use of stereotypes.

jsyk

Last edited:
My husband's out of town and i have paperwork to do - and in this paper work are rather depressing inquiries into his health. Oh why do I do this to myself? . . . I always ask myself that when I start dwelling on this inevitable future.

What will I do when he dies? Other than become a wino, write the world's longest and most dull tome, and then live the life of a recluse? Without him, I'll become one of those old, strange women that has too many cats, wears sweaters all year long, has too many kids that never come home to visit, I might even let my home go and live in a hoarder house perhaps but at least my toilet will be functional. And then when I get old? I don't even see myself leaving my own house let alone remarrying.

Am I the only one who sits and thinks of the possibility - KNOWING it's a strong possibility, an inevitable fact - and fearing what it means?

I'd like to imagine I'm a stronger person than that - one who doesn't need a guy in my life to be a whole individual. But I know I'm not. I'm reliant on him to function as a complete person. Take him away and I'm like a poorly written character in one of my sappy smut stories.

In our marriage, I assume I'll go first, as most males should. I would want my wife to be happy, and I'll be beyond jealousy. If I were the one remaining? I'd just approach each day as a new experience.

For better or worse, I met my wife in the second week of college, which was rather a while back. I was four days shy of my 18th birthday, so I literally have not been single as an adult. I suspect that if I moved on, it would take quite a bit more time than others who have.

For better or worse, I met my wife in the second week of college, which was rather a while back. I was four days shy of my 18th birthday, so I literally have not been single as an adult. I suspect that if I moved on, it would take quite a bit more time than others who have.

Very close to my own experience. I understand.

If it happened, and I don't expect it to, I don't think I'd remarry, but I can't guarantee that. My wife and I sync up so well that I can't imagine it happening again. She understands my strengths and respects me for them, and understands my weaknesses and overlooks them. She seldom criticizes, and is quick with a sweet smile.

But, I need some companionship. I'd like a coffee drinking, discussion partner and a dinner partner. Beyond that would seem like too much to ask. I'm 64, right now I might take another shot; in another 10 years, probably not.

Back
Top Bottom