• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think this is offensive? [W:51]

Is this offensive

• Yes it is, but Al Sharpton is a douche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No, Al Sharpton is a douche

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Yes, and Al Sharpton is not a douche

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • #4 with a smile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
qnqtc8.jpg

:shock:

I think it is. Portraying a black man as a KKK member is like portraying Netanyahu in a Nazi uniform, IMO. There may be a valid point, but....

The cartoonist has a right to make his point, but I have a right to say that it's offensive.

images (1).jpeg

Why you mad?

I think it is. Portraying a black man as a KKK member is like portraying Netanyahu in a Nazi uniform, IMO. There may be a valid point, but....

The cartoonist has a right to make his point, but I have a right to say that it's offensive.

I needed to look no further than the particular patois attributed to the member of the NAACP to find it offensive, myself.

Using your analogy, the caricature acts much like depicting Jewish people as hook-nosed Shylocks grubbing for money.

You have a right to be offended. Even when you have no reason to be so.

Someone once said that the 1st Amendment grants you a right to speak. But, it doesn't grant you a right to an audience.

That being said, goodbye. Enjoy being offended.

It may be offensive, but it is the truth of what is going on.

For some reason this whole thread makes me laugh. :lol:

I suppose it is. It illustrates that blacks can be just as racist as whites. I don't find it offensive. I find it painfully true. It would have been funnier if the robes had been black though.

I don't find it offensive. The KKK is long gone from being of any importance. It's now a comedic punchline when just 70-80 years ago it was a terrible and well feared organization by minorities and whites who didn't agree with the KKK (the KKK killed whites too if they wanted to liberate blacks).

Nowadays... they're just clowns. So why not take that identity and stamp it on multiple groups that promote racial disharmony.

And putting Netanyahu in a Nazi uniform is not racist at all. Jews were part of the Wehrmacht.

more than offensive

That people find political commentary that is based in reality 'offensive' merely speaks to the mental/emotional weakness of those individuals.

I suppose it is. It illustrates that blacks can be just as racist as whites. I don't find it offensive. I find it painfully true. It would have been funnier if the robes had been black though.

because they are still seen as potential criminals as obama pointed out ?

because they are still seen as potential criminals as obama pointed out ?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about? Who are the "they" that can still be seen as potential criminals? What does this have to do with Obama?

Good thing you put a question mark after that. ;)

You find it painfully true that mainly civil protests are the equivalent to a history of actual lynchings and a domestic organization that terrorized blacks for nearly a century?

You find it painfully true that mainly civil protests are the equivalent to a history of actual lynchings and a domestic organization that terrorized blacks for nearly a century?

Now see, that's what I got out of that. What lenses are you peering through?

I thought ramen's post was a spot on description of the cartoons message. It *is* comparing calls for a *trial* to the lynchings of the KKK.

I don't think it offensive. I find Sharpton and Jackson offensive, I find gangsta rap offensive, I find almost all players on MSNBC offensive, I find Sean Hannity offensive, I would like to kick Martin Bashir in the nuts but he probably doesn't have them so I would kick Rachel Maddow in the nuts, she probably has them.

I support free speech but that cartoon comes real close to a death threat.

Do I find it offensive aside from the violent imagery? I'm not sure. I tend to give satire a pass.

However, what I do find offensive are articles I read by ideological hacks that seem to go out of their way to ridicule urban street jargon. I was reading one such article yesterday. The writer of the article was reporting on one of the national Justice for Trayvon rallies. In the article he extensively quoted verbatim one of the speeches made where the speaker was using urban slang. It was obvious he was trying to convey the idea that the leaders of these Justice of Trayvon Rallies were not only of a position that he did not support but they were also as stupid as hell and could not articulately construct sentences with proper grammar while hiding behind a cloak of innocence since "all he did was quote what they said." Unless he'd taken the time to write one line explaining many in the audience were inner-city residents and the speaker spoke to them in the common lingo of the culture to better identify with them, quoting urban street slang in the body of an otherwise serious news article is in my humble opinion a deliberate attempt to make black people look ignorant. Nevertheless unlike many political correctness hacks, I do not support any type of sanctions against the writer. Market forces will take care of it all.

Right now I'm in an in person debate with a buddy of mine who works with our local GOP. I'm giving him FREE consulting on what the GOP culture does with regularity that drives away minority voters and he refuses to listen. Its a classic case of don't confuse me with the facts, I've already made up my mind. Meanwhile the GOP is spending bank on minority voter outreach. It must be nice to be rich. Bottom line, the GOP cannot hope to win over black voters until they stop insulting them and instead start honoring them, and not just what comes out of Reince Priebus' mouth but throughout the GOP culture. My free advice to the GOP has just ended. People tend to not value things that don't cost them anything.

Last edited:
I support free speech but that cartoon comes real close to a death threat.

Unlike the thousands of death threats that have been send Zimmermans way? I guess those are ok though?

the GOP cannot hope to win over black voters until they stop insulting them and instead start honoring them, and not just what comes out of Reince Priebus' mouth but throughout the GOP culture. My free advice to the GOP has just ended. People tend to not value things that don't cost them anything.

What a mass confusion of thought. So the GOP should do as the DNC does, and just promise free stuff in order to keep minorities where they are, in the same conditions they are in? Perhaps one day the majority of minorities will come to realize all the DNC 'help' has done them NO good, and will quit voting for those that treat them like they are retards that need the government to get by in life.

History...?

I mean...let's deconstruct it.

You have symbols of a real racist past....like people still alive today had to deal with. A domestic terror group that targeted blacks. Lynchings which was the method for vigilante justice against blacks (interesting enough Zimmerman was a wannabe cop/vigilante). You take those symbols of real oppression and turn it on it's head. Allude to the oppressed becoming the oppressors? As if largely peaceful protests and calls to actions are in anyway the same as the Jim Crow South and the Klu Klux Klan?

Let's go further. The guy yelling about not letting an all white jury let off Zimmerman (in broken "ebonics" for true racist effect). The actual history was that the KKK would string up a black guy and an all white jury would find them not guilty in the face of insurmountable evidence. So this makes light of a real historical fact and turns it on it's head. It completely ignores the fact that blacks never received justice. Another slap in the face because blacks wouldn't receive justice and in this case they feel as if they didn't receive justice.

Oh...lets not forget that the first black president and the NAACP which was actually targeted by the KKK and acted to eliminate it from the south are now Klan members.

Honestly...this is the most racist piece of filth in the world. I'm surprised it's not from Stormfront or some equivalent site. I'm not as surprised that conservatives either are unaware of the history and all the intentional offending parts of this cartoon or just don't care and are racist.

Edit: I just want to point out...the only reason I responded to your post is that I'm not surprised by the people on here not saying it's offensive but I'm shocked YOU would find a purposely offensive cartoon not offensive.

Last edited:
Unlike the thousands of death threats that have been send Zimmermans way? I guess those are ok though?

???? That's what I was saying. It looked like a death threat against Zimmerman. Who else could it have been?

LOL. I think we can get so enveloped in our team politics, we see everything through that filter and it alters reality. I get the fact that the creator of this cartoon seemed to side with Zimmerman but I don't like the violent imagery used against Zimmerman despite the cartoon being in support of him.

What a mass confusion of thought. So the GOP should do as the DNC does, and just promise free stuff in order to keep minorities where they are, in the same conditions they are in?

I never said that. Now I'm confused. Where did I say anything about promising free stuff to anybody? Wow.

Back
Top Bottom