• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think this is offensive? [W:51]

Is this offensive

• Yes it is, but Al Sharpton is a douche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No, Al Sharpton is a douche

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Yes, and Al Sharpton is not a douche

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • #4 with a smile

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
History...?

I mean...let's deconstruct it.

You have symbols of a real racist past....like people still alive today had to deal with. A domestic terror group that targeted blacks. Lynchings which was the method for vigilante justice against blacks (interesting enough Zimmerman was a wannabe cop/vigilante). You take those symbols of real oppression and turn it on it's head. Allude to the oppressed becoming the oppressors? As if largely peaceful protests and calls to actions are in anyway the same as the Jim Crow South and the Klu Klux Klan?

Let's go further. The guy yelling about not letting an all white jury let off Zimmerman (in broken "ebonics" for true racist effect). The actual history was that the KKK would string up a black guy and an all white jury would find them not guilty in the face of insurmountable evidence. So this makes light of a real historical fact and turns it on it's head. It completely ignores the fact that blacks never received justice. Another slap in the face because blacks wouldn't receive justice and in this case they feel as if they didn't receive justice.

Oh...lets not forget that the first black president and the NAACP which was actually targeted by the KKK and acted to eliminate it from the south are now Klan members.

Honestly...this is the most racist piece of filth in the world. I'm surprised it's not from Stormfront or some equivalent site. I'm not as surprised that conservatives either are unaware of the history and all the intentional offending parts of this cartoon or just don't care and are racist.
If people (in this case, the particular people mentioned in the cartoon) lack the capacity to see that their behavior is in every way identical to those hooded Klansmen of days gone by, then perhaps a good swift kick to the balls is what is required for them to 'see' it.

Zimmerman...a hispanic male, was arrested, tried, and exonerated. The system was engaged and worked (and lets be honest...he should NEVER have been arrested or tried...it was all a mejican donkey show with the justice system being the chiquita bent over a table). After the trial there are a WHOLE LOT of people out there clamoring for street justice, a little kill whitey action (ummmm...NOT a white guy, but lets not worry about facts), a little robbery and looting because how better to show you are displeased with the US Justice system than by stealing a TV?).

I thought ramen's post was a spot on description of the cartoons message. It *is* comparing calls for a *trial* to the lynchings of the KKK.
You must have missed the part where the cartoon is depicting the responses AFTER the trial...

History...?

You have symbols of a real racist past....like people still alive today had to deal with. A domestic terror group that targeted blacks. Lynchings which was the method for vigilante justice against blacks (interesting enough Zimmerman was a wannabe cop/vigilante). You take those symbols of real oppression and turn it on it's head. Allude to the oppressed becoming the oppressors? As if largely peaceful protests and calls to actions are in anyway the same as the Jim Crow South and the Klu Klux Klan?

Let's go further. The guy yelling about not letting an all white jury let off Zimmerman (in broken "ebonics" for true racist effect). The actual history was that the KKK would string up a black guy and an all white jury would find them not guilty in the face of insurmountable evidence. So this makes light of a real historical fact and turns it on it's head. It completely ignores the fact that blacks never received justice. Another slap in the face because blacks wouldn't receive justice and in this case they feel as if they didn't receive justice.

Oh...lets not forget that the first black president and the NAACP which was actually targeted by the KKK and acted to eliminate it from the south are now Klan members.

Honestly...this is the most racist piece of filth in the world. I'm surprised it's not from Stormfront or some equivalent site. I'm not as surprised that conservatives either are unaware of the history and all the intentional offending parts of this cartoon or just don't care and are racist.

Edit: I just want to point out...the only reason I responded to your post is that I'm not surprised by the people on here not saying it's offensive but I'm shocked YOU would find a purposely offensive cartoon not offensive.

That you do not see the similarities just shows how painted in a corner you are, and how wide your blinders are. Be it an actual lynching, or one done in the media, lives are destroyed.

If people (in this case, the particular people mentioned in the cartoon) lack the capacity to see that their behavior is in every way identical to those hooded Klansmen of days gone by, then perhaps a good swift kick to the balls is what is required for them to 'see' it.

Please...tell me how largely peaceful public demonstrations are the equivalent to a domestic terrorist group and lynchings. I'd like to hear from all the whites that can tell me they feel the same as a black in the Jim Crow South that lived under the terror of the KKK, Lynch mobs, and a "jury of your peers" meant not guilty if a white killed a black.

Zimmerman...a hispanic male, was arrested, tried, and exonerated. The system was engaged and worked (and lets be honest...he should NEVER have been arrested or tried...it was all a mejican donkey show with the justice system being the chiquita bent over a table). After the trial there are a WHOLE LOT of people out there clamoring for street justice, a little kill whitey action (ummmm...NOT a white guy, but lets not worry about facts), a little robbery and looting because how better to show you are displeased with the US Justice system than by stealing a TV?).

He should of been arrested and tried.....Unless Martin was beating down his door to get into his house or also armed if you kill an unarmed person on a public street you should be tried...I know...maybe I'm the crazy one!

"A whole lot of people"...sure...based on the isolated yellings relooped on Fox News. How many actual retaliation killings have taken place again?

That you do not see the similarities just shows how painted in a corner you are, and how wide your blinders are. Be it an actual lynching, or one done in the media, lives are destroyed.

No you're just a blatant racist dude.

There's no corner. If you think largely peaceful protest is the equivalent of the KKK and lynchmobs you're the one with the blinders on.

History...?

Edit: I just want to point out...the only reason I responded to your post is that I'm not surprised by the people on here not saying it's offensive but I'm shocked YOU would find a purposely offensive cartoon not offensive.

I simply don't look at it as being racist. If one is black, perhaps one would. I'm not. It's using well-known symbolism to make a point: where Zimmerman is concerned, the oppressed have become the oppressors. The tables have turned.

No you're just a blatant racist dude.

There's no corner. If you think largely peaceful protest is the equivalent of the KKK and lynchmobs you're the one with the blinders on.

Ah, the claim of the weak minded: you are a racist. Never based in fact, just yell it out as much as you can about as many as you can.

Even those that are protesting 'peacefully' are calling for another trial, civil action, what they want is a finding of GUILT. Desiring to find guilt in someone because they believe that person to be 'a racist', and the crime based on 'race', is seeking to end that persons life as it currently is. You refuse to see the similarities, that is your shortcoming. Along with your bogus calling others racists.

Get a god damn clue.

Please...tell me how largely peaceful public demonstrations are the equivalent to a domestic terrorist group and lynchings. I'd like to hear from all the whites that can tell me they feel the same as a black in the Jim Crow South that lived under the terror of the KKK, Lynch mobs, and a "jury of your peers" meant not guilty if a white killed a black.

He should of been arrested and tried.....Unless Martin was beating down his door to get into his house or also armed if you kill an unarmed person on a public street you should be tried...I know...maybe I'm the crazy one!

"A whole lot of people"...sure...based on the isolated yellings relooped on Fox News. How many actual retaliation killings have taken place again?
Please tell us...WAS there a trial? Was it a FAIR trial?

No...he should NOT have been arrested OR tried. The police that responded knew there was nothing to arrest him for. Every bit of evidence they had then proved the same thing that was found at trial. Just because a neighborhood watch officer FOLLOWED someone does not JUSTIFY that person then attacking the neighborhood watch officer, beating him, and then pounding his head into the ground. The shooting was justifiable self defense. And here is another happy fact...if the aggressor had been a white kid attacking ANYONE black or white or brown or green for nothing more than being followed your ass would be the FIRST ONE condemning the violent act of assaulting someone. And you know it.

As for the violent acts being committed across the country...do you deny they occurred just because they may be reported by 'Fox News"? And BTW...do you know how ****ing pathetic you look every time you run and hide behind your 'Fox News' skirt? So...how much do you want to bet I can post links to numerous stories from agencies NOT affiliated with 'Fox News' regarding the accounts of threats, beatings, looting, etc? When I post those stories from local news agencies, CNN, etc, what then will be your excuse? Oh...I know...the random acts of some dont mean ALL blacks do it...right? True statement. Hell...the bleating of a bunch of race bating morons clamoring for "justice for Trayvon" doesnt even mean all blacks disagree with the verdict.

Ah, the claim of the weak minded: you are a racist. Never based in fact, just yell it out as much as you can about as many as you can.

Actually I never call people racist. It's pretty apparent you are though. There's no doubt this cartoon was drawn to purposely be offensive and everyone on here is like "it's not offensive!"

Even those that are protesting 'peacefully' are calling for another trial, civil action, what they want is a finding of GUILT. Desiring to find guilt in someone because they believe that person to be 'a racist', and the crime based on 'race', is seeking to end that persons life as it currently is. You refuse to see the similarities, that is your shortcoming. Along with your bogus calling others racists.

Who cares? And conservatives want to get rid of Obama. That's what civil society does...protest when they feel upset with how the system is working.

You know what they aren't doing? Lynching people and using terrorizing whites...which is what this cartoon is alluding to.

Get a god damn clue.

This thread has actually been very enlightening. Not really a clue more like a neon flashing sign.

Please tell us...WAS there a trial? Was it a FAIR trial?

Sure...it was a fair trial. As the President said..respect the justice system and the verdict.

No...he should NOT have been arrested OR tried. The police that responded knew there was nothing to arrest him for. Every bit of evidence they had then proved the same thing that was found at trial. Just because a neighborhood watch officer FOLLOWED someone does not JUSTIFY that person then attacking the neighborhood watch officer, beating him, and then pounding his head into the ground. The shooting was justifiable self defense.

Alive armed guy says dead unarmed guy started it. Open and shut case in bizarro world.

And here is another happy fact...if the aggressor had been a white kid attacking ANYONE black or white or brown or green for nothing more than being followed your ass would be the FIRST ONE condemning the violent act of assaulting someone. And you know it.

Actually I wouldn't. Shooting unarmed person is not the same as an ass beating. In fact in a situation like that I'd probably be like "why the **** did the person that got their beat follow someone?"

As for the violent acts being committed across the country...do you deny they occurred just because they may be reported by 'Fox News"? And BTW...do you know how ****ing pathetic you look every time you run and hide behind your 'Fox News' skirt? So...how much do you want to bet I can post links to numerous stories from agencies NOT affiliated with 'Fox News' regarding the accounts of threats, beatings, looting, etc? When I post those stories from local news agencies, CNN, etc, what then will be your excuse?
No...the Fox News comment doesn't mean they didn't happen. It means that instances get turned into widespread occurrences. Kind of how like fox new viewers in Oklahoma are deathly afraid of the New Black Panther party and it's 4 members based in Philly or where ever they are based.

Oh...I know...the random acts of some dont mean ALL blacks do it...right? True statement. Hell...the bleating of a bunch of race bating morons clamoring for "justice for Trayvon" doesnt even mean all blacks disagree with the verdict.

How dare they protest. Black folks should know better right? Protesting is only for white Tea Partiers that wanna get the government out of the Medicare.

I simply don't look at it as being racist. If one is black, perhaps one would. I'm not. It's using well-known symbolism to make a point: where Zimmerman is concerned, the oppressed have become the oppressors. The tables have turned.

No it's a purposely offensive cartoon using that symbolism of real institutional and wide spread racism and comparing it to Zimmerman. I'm sorry...until Zimmerman is beaten, killed, thrown in the river, his property taken, his aggressor let go because an all black jury ignored the evidence and the black sheriff and mayor high five during their New Black Panther meeting it's not comparable...at all.

No it's a purposely offensive cartoon using that symbolism of real institutional and wide spread racism and comparing it to Zimmerman. I'm sorry...until Zimmerman is beaten, killed, thrown in the river, his property taken, his aggressor let go because an all black jury ignored the evidence and the black sheriff and mayor high five during their New Black Panther meeting it's not comparable...at all.

Give me a break.

Do you think this is offensive?

I think it is. Portraying a black man as a KKK member is like portraying Netanyahu in a Nazi uniform, IMO. There may be a valid point, but....

The cartoonist has a right to make his point, but I have a right to say that it's offensive.

The point is to prod sensitive people who believe Zimmerman is a racist. So it is thoughtfully offensive. It wouldn't be a political cartoon if some over sensitive person didnt get offended. The sad part it is accurate in the depiction of those groups as racists.

Sure...it was a fair trial. As the President said..respect the justice system and the verdict.

Alive armed guy says dead unarmed guy started it. Open and shut case in bizarro world.

Actually I wouldn't. Shooting unarmed person is not the same as an ass beating. In fact in a situation like that I'd probably be like "why the **** did the person that got their beat follow someone?"

No...the Fox News comment doesn't mean they didn't happen. It means that instances get turned into widespread occurrences. Kind of how like fox new viewers in Oklahoma are deathly afraid of the New Black Panther party and it's 4 members based in Philly or where ever they are based.

How dare they protest. Black folks should know better right? Protesting is only for white Tea Partiers that wanna get the government out of the Medicare.
Police make judgements based on facts ALL the time regarding evidence, arrest, and trial. You DO know that, right? ALL evidence offered showed who the aggressor was. All witness testimony proved it. Thats WHY the police interviewed everyone, collected data, and determined there was no case. Zimmerman was acting as a neighborhood watch officer. Nothing less...nothing more...and in your mind, that JUSTIFIES someone...ANYONE...attacking the neighborhood watch officer?

Yeah...protest away. BTW...are you protesting the child shot in Atlanta? The kids killed in Chicago? The teenagers shot on Obamas doorstep in Chicago? the 11,000 (lets spell that out...it is so much more dramatic ELEVEN THOUSAND dead black people since the Z/M incident...a shooting that occurred because the 17 year old determined that the CORRECT course of action when being followed is to circle back and attack the person following you..and...you ENDORSED THAT ACTION...right? Bull****. In any other circumstance your ass would be bleating on about how a violent assault was not an appropriate course of action. But...its DIFFERENT in this case...isnt it.

FM

Actually I never call people racist. It's pretty apparent you are though.

Clearly you don't know crap, and continue to prove it. It is moronic behavior like yours that causes so many problem is society.

Who cares? And conservatives want to get rid of Obama. That's what civil society does...protest when they feel upset with how the system is working.

Good lord, WTF does that have to do with what was said? Nothing. A bad attempt to divert.

You know what they aren't doing? Lynching people and using terrorizing whites...which is what this cartoon is alluding to.

When a court finds someone not guilty, and people 'protest' because they want them found guilty, and will work for another court case to ensure some sort of guilt is found, they ARE terrorizing that person. When social media is full of threats to that person, when people are attacked in the name of 'justice' because they didn't like the outcome of the trial, they are terrorizing people. When people excuse their behavior, be it Sharpton or the Obama, they are just as responsible...

Forensic evidence, even the prosecutions 'star witness', all said the unarmed guy started it.

Police make judgements based on facts ALL the time regarding evidence, arrest, and trial. You DO know that, right? ALL evidence offered showed who the aggressor was. All witness testimony proved it. Thats WHY the police interviewed everyone, collected data, and determined there was no case. Zimmerman was acting as a neighborhood watch officer. Nothing less...nothing more...and in your mind, that JUSTIFIES someone...ANYONE...attacking the neighborhood watch officer?

Yeah...police make judgments all the time based on the fact. I'm fine with that in most circumstances from car accidents to other instances.

When a death is involved...there should be more scrutiny. Once again...I guess I'm the crazy person here.

Yeah...protest away. BTW...are you protesting the child shot in Atlanta? The kids killed in Chicago? The teenagers shot on Obamas doorstep in Chicago? the 11,000 (lets spell that out...it is so much more dramatic ELEVEN THOUSAND dead black people since the Z/M incident...a shooting that occurred because the 17 year old determined that the CORRECT course of action when being followed is to circle back and attack the person following you..and...you ENDORSED THAT ACTION...right? Bull****. In any other circumstance your ass would be bleating on about how a violent assault was not an appropriate course of action. But...its DIFFERENT in this case...isnt it.

Very lame talking point. As if anybody thinks that conservatives care about poor black people in Chicago. The liberal coalition including the vast majority of blacks have been trying to alleviate the effects of poverty in black communities for decades...and conservatives have been fighting those policies for decades.

The liberal coalition including the vast majority of blacks have been trying to alleviate the effects of poverty in black communities for decades...

How? What policies? How have they worked out?

and conservatives have been fighting those policies for decades.

BS.

Forensic evidence, even the prosecutions 'star witness', all said the unarmed guy started it.

No...they didn't say he "started it". They said that Zimmerman was getting his ass beat when he fired his weapon.

Here's what they did say

Among his conclusions:

If Zimmerman's retelling of the event were accurate, the confrontation Zimmerman described with Martin would have occurred much sooner than it actually did;
Zimmerman covered more time and distance after leaving his truck that night than he revealed to police;
based on the times and distances Zimmerman said he covered, Zimmerman would have still been on the phone with Sanford police when he claims he was attacked by Martin;
had Martin walked directly to his destination, his father’s girlfriend's townhome, he would have made it there safely before Zimmerman ended his nonemergency call to Sanford police;
Martin was in fact leaning over Zimmerman when the fatal shot was fired, just as Zimmerman has maintained.

Clearly you don't know crap, and continue to prove it. It is moronic behavior like yours that causes so many problem is society. .

What behavior? Disagreeing with you? With the great Arbo on the intraweb! Calling Arbo racist because I believe he is? How dare I!

Good lord, WTF does that have to do with what was said? Nothing. A bad attempt to divert

I thought it was obvious. I'll break it down.

In Democracies we protest when we don't like outcomes or things we don't agree with. One potential protest is political in nature. Like the Tea party. Some may be social in nature, like people that protest gay pride events. Protesting the verdict of a case with national attention is similar. It's individuals unhappy with an outcome displaying that unhappiness in a civil manner in a public space. This is "freedom of speech".

Now a lot of times those protests may end up with nothing accomplished (like getting rid of Obama or retrying Zimmerman) but they are cathartic and serve a purpose. People feel like their views to be heard even when they know they are powerless to shape events.

When a court finds someone not guilty, and people 'protest' because they want them found guilty, and will work for another court case to ensure some sort of guilt is found, they ARE terrorizing that person. When social media is full of threats to that person, when people are attacked in the name of 'justice' because they didn't like the outcome of the trial, they are terrorizing people. When people excuse their behavior, be it Sharpton or the Obama, they are just as responsible...

Oh my...social media is full of threats. That's never happened...

They are not terrorizing that person. Do you think people for example...were terrorizing Casey Anthony when they protested her not guilty verdict?
Once again...public protest....free speech...venting...cathartic.

What behavior?

Randomly calling people racists because they disagree with YOU.

I thought it was obvious.

It was, you were trying to divert with more nonsense.

They are not terrorizing that person.

That you don't see it as what it is, speaks volumes.

Once again...please remind me when conservatives have ever cared about big urban centers in the US. Hell...most of the time that's not even "Real America" to you folks.

More nonsense backed with nothing...

I see this is not a public poll.

Does that mean it would be OK for me to call everyone a douche who
voted that the cartoon is not offensive? I mean, anonymous members
should not enjoy the same protection as identified members, should they?

Even if it is not OK I think that the truth should be a defense.

Back
Top Bottom