• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think this hypothetical neighbor is a racist?

Is this hypothetical neighbor a racist?

• Total voters

ALiberalModerate

Pragmatist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
You have known your neighbor for decades. During this time, his business was successfully sued for discrimination. He ran an an ad in the local newspaper claiming some local black kids suspected of rape should get the death penalty, and still believes they are guilty despite them all being fully exonerated years later. He spent the Obama years claiming Obama was born in Kenya, and even ran ads in the local paper where he claimed to have evidence that Obama was not born in America - he never actually provided that evidence. He held a neighborhood party where he announced to everyone that Mexican immigrants were bringing drugs, were rapists, were not like us, but he went on to say that he assumed some of them were good people. He was sued, and claimed the judge in the case could not be fair to him because the judge was Hispanic. He retweeted white supremacist propaganda on numerous occasions, and though he has never openly praised white supremacist groups, the local white supremacists absolutely adore him. He holds neighborhood rallies where white nationalists distribute propaganda, but he never calls them out or asks them to leave. He has told minority Americans to go back to their countries, despite them being American citizens.

However, when a white supremacist went on a shooting rampage, he condemned white supremacists when you talked to him about it.

Given that, would you consider this hypothetical neighbor a racist or not?

You have known your neighbor for decades. During this time, his business was successfully sued for discrimination. He ran an an ad in the local newspaper claiming some local black kids suspected of rape should get the death penalty, and still believes they are guilty despite them all being fully exonerated years later. He spent the Obama years claiming Obama was born in Kenya, and even ran ads in the local paper where he claimed to have evidence that Obama was not born in America - he never actually provided that evidence. He held a neighborhood party where he announced to everyone that Mexican immigrants were bringing drugs, were rapists, were not like us, but he went on to say that he assumed some of them were good people. He was sued, and claimed the judge in the case could not be fair to him because the judge was Hispanic. He retweeted white supremacist propaganda on numerous occasions, and though he has never openly praised white supremacist groups, the local white supremacists absolutely adore him. He holds neighborhood rallies where white nationalists distribute propaganda, but he never calls them out or asks them to leave. He has told minority Americans to go back to their countries, despite them being American citizens.

However, when a white supremacist went on a shooting rampage, he condemned white supremacists when you talked to him about it.

Just spit it out and call Trump a racist yourself. No sense in trying to camouflage it.

Just spit it out and call Trump a racist yourself. No sense in trying to camouflage it.

I am making a point. Of course I think Trump is a racist. The only people that don't think Trump is a racist, are racists themselves.

Now, if this guy was your neighbor, would you think he was probably a racist or not?

Is this another Trump racist post? OMG ��

I think everyone with two brain cells knows that Trump is a racist - particularly against Hispanics and Middle Easterners.

Some people pretend they don't see it because they don't want to own supporting somebody, who they understand to be a racist. That's something they will never do. They'll always play dumb and ask "how? Explain it to me!", as if it's something that isn't clearly out in the open to see with one's eyes, so don't humor them by engaging in a fruitless argument.

They are willing to support a racist if they get tax cuts and it offends liberals - they'd sell their mother out for a dollar.

I think everyone with two brain cells knows that Trump is a racist - particularly against Hispanics and Middle Easterners.

Some people pretend they don't see it because they don't want to own supporting somebody, who they understand to be a racist. That's something they will never do. They'll always play dumb and ask "how? Explain it to me!", as if it's something that isn't clearly out in the open to see with one's eyes, so don't humor them by engaging in a fruitless argument.

They are willing to support a racist if they get tax cuts and it offends liberals - they'd sell their mother out for a dollar.

People with brain cells don’t make 3rd grader evaluation of cause and effect, not mention throwing around insults.

What of there were a Democrat, from the south, who posted ridiculous "hypotheticals" on the internet. Would you call this person dishonest?

I am not going to go over each point, as I have already done so for most in other posts.

But no, I don't believe Trump is a racist...since he is obviously YOUR "hypothetical neighbor." :coffeepap:

Last edited:

My boss once complained that he couldn't say the n-word b/c it was politically incorrect.

I am not going to go over each point, as I have already done so for most in other posts.

But no, I don't believe Trump is a racist...since he is obviously YOUR "hypothetical neighbor." :coffeepap:

You can spare me the rationalizations. I have heard them all before.

What of there were a Democrat, from the south, who posted ridiculous "hypotheticals" on the internet. Would you call this person dishonest?

I would only call them dishonest if what they are saying was untrue. Nothing, I wrote was untrue at all. If you assert it is, then you are being dishonest.

That, and some are racists themselves.

I don't know but racists and white supremacists think he's a racist and a white supremacist. That is proof enough for me.

Of course that neighbor is a racist, thankfully I don't live near any scum like that.

Oh, good catch! What was your first clue?
Seriously, what was your first clue?

Seeing as only one instance actually brings the possibility of race into the fray, with his own words. Though I haven't actually seen the quote, or a video that matches the claim.
No, he's not racist.

Now if you want to stop looking desperate, I suggest you give this silly shtick.

You do know what is a hypothetical as opposed to a loaded question?
If you have a grind, please do it in one of the current threads, rather than pretend as though you have a genuine interest in others!
Regards,
CP

No, we don't believe it because you guys get caught lying about it more times than being correct, which by the current count. You've yet to actually be correct as of yet.

The lot of you say Google it, or bring up some list with compiled allegations, that have no actually proof themselves, and then hide behind them. If any of you could actually grow a spine, and attempt to debate the topic. Then it wouldn't be so boring and overplayed at this point.

But that's like me ordering a snow cone from hell.

I am making a point. Of course I think Trump is a racist. The only people that don't think Trump is a racist, are racists themselves.

Now, if this guy was your neighbor, would you think he was probably a racist or not?

That's your opinion. You are entitled to it but there are lots of people who fail to agree with you. Among them people, both black, white and hispanic, who know him personally.

I don't know but racists and white supremacists think he's a racist and a white supremacist. That is proof enough for me.

So rapist, and white nationalist like some of the democrats.

So does that mean that all of hem are now, by proxy. Rapist and/or white nationalist?

That's your opinion. You are entitled to it but there are lots of people who fail to agree with you. Among them people, both black, white and hispanic, who know him personally.

Oh he has a word for those kinds of people. In the case of blacks it starts with the word house, and then rhymes with the word bigger.

Back
Top Bottom