• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you think these statements by GZ are ok or normal in your opinion?

Do you think these statements by GZ are ok or normal in your opinion?

• Total voters

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
DO you think these statements by GZ are ok or normal in your opinion?
Would you feel the same?

When asked if he regretted getting out of the car he said no
When asked if theres anything he would change or do differently in retrospect he said no
he said he felt it was gods plan for him to shoot TM

full video just in case people want it
George Zimmerman's Exclusive Full Interview With Sean Hannity 7/18/2012 - YouTube

in my opinion that makes no sense to me, why would anybody not regret it, why would any "nice guy with good intentions, trying to do good etc etc" not regret killing this teen
I mean why would any "sane, honest, nice, good willed/intentioned person, just in the wrong place making a mistake" not want to change things and give a kid back his life and not have stalked the teen?
and why on earth would he ever think its god will?

i mean religion is personal and its not for me to decide others views but id love to understand the logic of that statements because i see none in it.

it comes off as pure self gratification, satisfaction, pompous non-regret to me BUT that in no way means im right

Now mind you i think 2nd degree murder is a impossible case and this isnt about whether you think GA is guilty or not just about his statements of no regrets and gods plan?
WHat do you think?

YES
NO
I love Chicken Parmesan
parm.jpg

George was enjoying his celebrity and the donations.. Per the jailhouse phone calls he was also thinking of becoming a chaplain. George skips from one fantasy to another.

I can only indicate that Sabrina herself has, in so many words (I posted the quote a while ago), indicated it was god's plan for her. It's how many people choose to deal.

Nope. To say that you have no regrets and that you wouldn't do anything differently is not okay. I don't think it's a normal reaction either. Also, to - on top of that - call your behavior "God's plan" is also ridiculous. If Zimmerman felt remorse, then I might be able to understand the "God's plan" comment because it would be a means of coping with an action that you regret. But to show no remorse and then call it "God's plan" is sick.

Nope. To say that you have no regrets and that you wouldn't do anything differently is not okay. I don't think it's a normal reaction either. Also, to - on top of that - call your behavior "God's plan" is also ridiculous. If Zimmerman felt remorse, then I might be able to understand the "God's plan" comment because it would be a means of coping with an action that you regret. But to show no remorse and then call it "God's plan" is sick.

odd this thread hasnt gotten many responses, my guess is that people know those comments are unacceptable or at least very weird and theres no way to defend them.

Would you feel the same?

When asked if theres anything he would change or do differently in retrospect he said no

George Zimmerman's Exclusive Full Interview With Sean Hannity 7/18/2012 - YouTube

in my opinion that makes no sense to me, why would anybody not regret it, why would any "nice guy with good intentions, trying to do good etc etc" not regret killing this teen
I mean why would any "sane, honest, nice, good willed/intentioned person, just in the wrong place making a mistake" not want to change things and give a kid back his life and not have stalked the teen?

i mean religion is personal and its not for me to decide others views but id love to understand the logic of that statements because i see none in it.

it comes off as pure self gratification, satisfaction, pompous non-regret to me BUT that in no way means im right

Now mind you i think 2nd degree murder is a impossible case and this isnt about whether you think GA is guilty or not just about his statements of no regrets and gods plan?
WHat do you think?

YES
NO
I love Chicken Parmesan
View attachment 67149968

Aomebody posted a "what to do if ypu shoot someone in self defense" list.

It included not saying you regret it, because that sounds like you feel guilty about it.

Aomebody posted a "what to do if ypu shoot someone in self defense" list.

It included not saying you regret it, because that sounds like you feel guilty about it.

what?
at times im a horrendously horrible typer myself and this made me feel good ;)

please state this again

Your post is ignorant at best

I've been in Z's shoes before *killing in self defense* and have zero remorse towards the attacker/shooter

It is what it is....Some people are born with more luck/better position than others

You simply deal with it.

what?
at times im a horrendously horrible typer myself and this made me feel good ;)

please state this again

Sorry. I post from my phone and my autocorrect is sporadic.

Somebody posted a list of "what to do if you shoot someone in self defense".

It said never to say you feel remorse as it may make you look like you have a guilty conscience.

Would you feel the same?

WHat do you think?

YES
NO
I love Chicken Parmesan
View attachment 67149968

If I had to WAG why he said what he said, it would be that it was at the direction of his attorney. Until just recently, as an example, doctors were advised NEVER to say they were sorry to the family of a deceased patient they were treating. Same idea here.

I do think, however, they could have helped him parse a better answer, since they had to know the question(s) would be asked.

Off topic, I think his attorneys also advised him to do all of the interviews he did -- to get his story out there. And that's worked quite effectively, since he's testified extensively in his trial without ever having taken the witness stand.

Sorry. I post from my phone and my autocorrect is sporadic.

Somebody posted a list of "what to do if you shoot someone in self defense".

It said never to say you feel remorse as it may make you look like you have a guilty conscience.

uhm that doesnt expalin the answers to the questions?

getting out of the car, gods plan and chaining things are quite different.

yes im im directly asked if i feel bad for saving my life i say no, those werent the questions

Because George was playing to the audience, lying, like he always does.

uhm that doesnt expalin the answers to the questions?

getting out of the car, gods plan and chaining things are quite different.

yes im im directly asked if i feel bad for saving my life i say no, those werent the questions

Your questions are all wrong....Z doesn't have to answer to you. All he has to do at this point is continue to sit there, and allow the state to blow this case as they have from the beginning.

Because George was playing to the audience, lying, like he always does.

:dohDude, what are you even talking about? Z hasn't said a freakin' word in the trial, other than the prosecution screwing up big time and allowing him to get his story out there with no cross examination....Funny how you call people you don't even know liars....Shows a whole lot about your character pal.:roll:

1.)Your questions are all wrong....
2.)Z doesn't have to answer to you.
3.) All he has to do at this point is continue to sit there, and allow the state to blow this case as they have from the beginning.

1.) i didnt ask him any questions?
2.) didnt say he did
3.) also meaningless to my post

your biased and hyperbolic rant is noted

2.) didnt say he did

1.) Yes you did, here from your own opening title...

"Do you think these statements by GZ are ok or normal in your opinion?"

That's 2 questions right there. Now on to your OP.

"Would you feel the same?"

"why would anybody not regret it?"

"why would any "nice guy with good intentions, trying to do good etc etc" not regret killing this teen?"

"why would any "sane, honest, nice, good willed/intentioned person, just in the wrong place making a mistake" not want to change things and give a kid back his life and not have stalked the teen?"

"WHat do you think?"

and 5 more in the OP, and that is giving you a pass on one with a question mark at the end because I don't think you meant to make that statement a question.

2.) You are taking the video interview he did with Hannity, and posing questions about what he said, I would think that would imply direct questions you have for Z....Only he can answer what you want, and all we can do is offer our opinion.

3.) Note this, what I said is opinion backed by the fact of what has transpired so far in the trial. You have nothing to speak intelligently on concerning this case so my guess is either you like being laughed at in public, or it's just more as usual dishonest baiting.

2.) didnt say he did

Your thread is useless. It doesn't help, the state's case against Z

As for, the *God's plan*....It was God's plan that he had, the pistol that night to protect himself.

Religious folk tend to assign *God's Plan* to whatever hardship they have to deal with.

Z is religious

Would you feel the same?

WHat do you think?

YES
NO
I love Chicken Parmesan
View attachment 67149968

you have posted a 'no win' scenario for zimmerman
as we can see, since he attested that he would not change a thing about what he did that nite, you seized on it to allege that he has no remorse

however, had he replied that he would have changed his actions, you would then point to that as evidence of zimmerman's guilt, since he finds he did wrong things that evening

zimmerman has already conveyed his personal sorrow for the loss of martin to martin's parents, while under oath on the stand
so, we know there is remorse
what is absent is a belief from zimmerman that he should have acted differently in any way that nite
his refusal to say so must piss off the martin crowd - as is evidenced by this silly thread topic

1.) Yes you did, here from your own opening title...

"Do you think these statements by GZ are ok or normal in your opinion?"

That's 2 questions right there. Now on to your OP.

"Would you feel the same?"

"why would anybody not regret it?"

"why would any "nice guy with good intentions, trying to do good etc etc" not regret killing this teen?"

"why would any "sane, honest, nice, good willed/intentioned person, just in the wrong place making a mistake" not want to change things and give a kid back his life and not have stalked the teen?"

"WHat do you think?"

and 5 more in the OP, and that is giving you a pass on one with a question mark at the end because I don't think you meant to make that statement a question.

2.) You are taking the video interview he did with Hannity, and posing questions about what he said, I would think that would imply direct questions you have for Z....Only he can answer what you want, and all we can do is offer our opinion.

3.) Note this, what I said is opinion backed by the fact of what has transpired so far in the trial. You have nothing to speak intelligently on concerning this case so my guess is either you like being laughed at in public, or it's just more as usual dishonest baiting.

1.) reading isnt your strong suit is it? I didnt ask GZ anything i asked what people here think of his statements, thanks for proving yourself wrong! i appreciate it.
2.) nice try but that doenst make any sense the question was clearly for people here unless of course GZ reads here and posts under his real name and i dindt know
your mistake again
3.) nice try you didnt answer any questions i asked so there were no facts that supported you. AGain you hyperbolic rant is noted and i am still laughing at it.

Let me know when you like to be civil and offer a honest intelligent answer to the question, or continue to deflect, have your answers fail and get laughed at.

1.)Your thread is useless. It doesn't help, the state's case against Z

2.)As for, the *God's plan*....It was God's plan that he had, the pistol that night to protect himself.

3.)Religious folk tend to assign *God's Plan* to whatever hardship they have to deal with.

4.) Z is religious

1.) nope my thread is very useful to what it ACTUALLY is here to do. simply ask questions. Read the question again and you will understand.

as for you nonsensical thought, no thread here helps the states case lol, nor am i looking too, good thing this has nothing to do with it
not to mention Z's case doesnt need help if they are really going for 2nd degree murder and nothing else

2.) thats not what he was asked or what he said and again is meaningless to my questions

3.) weird im religious and so are most of the people i know none of them thinks these answers make sense.
the best answer so far is "lawyer coaching" and i think its bad coaching if thats true

4.) so am i and the vast majority of Americans :shrug:

another meaningless hyperbolic biased rant that is transparent.

my questions are honest and I have stated many times that I dont think Z ever gets convicted of 2nd degree murder but thanks for exposing yourself anyway

try again when you are ready to hold the hyperbole

1.)you have posted a 'no win' scenario for zimmerman
2.) as we can see, since he attested that he would not change a thing about what he did that nite, you seized on it to allege that he has no remorse
3.) however, had he replied that he would have changed his actions, you would then point to that as evidence of zimmerman's guilt, since he finds he did wrong things that evening
4.) zimmerman has already conveyed his personal sorrow for the loss of martin to martin's parents, while under oath on the stand
5.) so, we know there is remorse
6.) what is absent is a belief from zimmerman that he should have acted differently in any way that nite
7.) his refusal to say so must piss off the martin crowd -
8.) as is evidenced by this silly thread topic

1.) its not a win or lose for him its just questions lol
2.) wrong again im asking people, i haven an opinion and i want to know what others think
3.) wrong again because i dont hink he is guilty of 2nd degree murder
guilt does not always equal wrong thats just a fact
yet another poster that has exposed himself as biased and assume i think GZ i guilty, wrong
4.) thats fine it has nothing to do with my questions
5.) another statement that has nothing to do with my questions but that doesnt make us "know" anything
6.) yes so far this is true i dont see that from him yet hence my questions
7.) i dont know youd have to ask the martian crouwd, my guess is it seems weird to many people
7.) wrong again, theres no evidence of that since im not in the martian crowd what ever that is, this thread is about the OP and its QUESTIONS
anything else you ask or make up is about you and further shows your transparent biased.

Asking honest questions must piss you off though has evidence by your response, hyperbole and factually wrong assumptions. Thanks

I dont see how he is saying he would of done nothing differently and still have gotten out of his car when in retrospect it lead to the life of a teenager dying. I think anyone who is "normal" woulda said "yes" to staying in the car and "yes" i would of done things differently after how events unfolded

So if George goes to prison for 25 years and gets raped anally and orally every day, that too will be "God's plan"?

The questions were:

1. When asked if he regretted getting out of the car he said no
2. When asked if theres anything he would change or do differently in retrospect he said no
3. He said he felt it was gods plan for him to shoot TM

Question 1:

If you remember he had his lawyer with him in that interview, and there is no way from a legal stance he could have said "yes" to that question, or it would have been used against him in court as an admission that his actions were responsible for what happened and he had done something wrong.

Question 2:

See my answer to question #1

Question 3:

He didn't say it was God's plan to shoot Martin, he said that in response to Hannity asking him if he thought he would be here (alive) if he didn't have his gun on him that night. Zimmerman was saying that everything is God's plan and for that reason he doesn't second guess his actions or speculate on the "what if's"... It's dishonest crap like that that really burns me up... Why can't you at least be honest?

So I'm not going to play your game, nor answer you BS poll.

The questions were:

1.)Question 1:

If you remember he had his lawyer with him in that interview, and there is no way from a legal stance he could have said "yes" to that question, or it would have been used against him in court as an admission that his actions were responsible for what happened and he had done something wrong.

2.)Question 2:

See my answer to question #1

3.)Question 3:

He didn't say it was God's plan to shoot Martin, he said that in response to Hannity asking him if he thought he would be here (alive) if he didn't have his gun on him that night. Zimmerman was saying that everything is God's plan and for that reason he doesn't second guess his actions or speculate on the "what if's"... It's dishonest crap like that that really burns me up... Why can't you at least be honest?

4.) So I'm not going to play your game,
5.) nor answer you BS poll.

1.) thats just your OPINION but thanks for answering opinions are all i want
2.) see answer 1
3.) as usual you are easy to prove wron when being biased and dishonest and makeg stuff up

he said it was ALL gods plan, so be burned up all you want because its yourself you are angry with. he said it was ALL GODs plan, ALL, unless you have some other meaning of all.

4.) no games are being played, more dishonesty by you
5.) uhm while you might not answer the poll that is not BS you answered the questions already, thats just the same, thanks for answering even if you had to try, and fail, and add dishonesty to it.

Back
Top Bottom