• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

Should these Black Panthers be prosecuted?

• Yes

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
To the fullest extent of the law.

I voted yes, though I'm not really sure of the laws regarding this type of thing. People who are not law enforcement officers should not be allowed to stand at the entrance to polling stations with weapons, imo. If groups want to send observers, I have no problem with that, but they shouldn't be armed and acting as police.

I voted yes, though I'm not really sure of the laws regarding this type of thing. People who are not law enforcement officers should not be allowed to stand at the entrance to polling stations with weapons, imo. If groups want to send observers, I have no problem with that, but they shouldn't be armed and acting as police.

There are rather strong rules set for voter intimidation and it is something that we cannot allow to happen. These people should have been brought up on charges and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The lesson must be clear, in a democratic Republic such as our own; voter intimidation and the likes cannot be accepted.

There are rather strong rules set for voter intimidation and it is something that we cannot allow to happen. These people should have been brought up on charges and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The lesson must be clear, in a democratic Republic such as our own; voter intimidation and the likes cannot be accepted.
Let me add to this, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, but should have gotten their asses whipped thouroughly on that particular day.

Well I voted yes but I think they need more evidence. Did they actually stop anyone from voting? Now I understand intimidation is completely unacceptable, why didn't the people at the poll not call police? Is this fox news trying to sensationalize something that was relatively benign?

Intimidation at polls is wrong and should never be accepted under any pretext. It is wrong and polling stations have to be completely free of it. The Black Panthers are a known racist group.

However I think something needs to be said about racism in political realms particularly where the Tea Party is concerned. I don’t care about libertarian haughty notions of liberty the 1964 civil rights act should not be amended for the sake of ideological objectives. It creates also a bridge for white supremist to find loop holes in political framework from which they can work. The Tea party should be disbanded and just call themselves what they are.. an illegitimate arm of the republican party. Indeed, anything that supports or gives a leg for white supremacy to stand on ought to be called what it is. The Black Panthers have some serious political compitition.

Last edited:

What he said.

This isn't about Tea Parties or Rand Paul, Gabriel. Stop trying to derail the thread.

However I think something needs to be said about racism in political realms particularly where the Tea Party is concerned. I don’t care about libertarian haughty notions of liberty the 1964 civil rights act should not be amended for the sake of ideological objectives. It creates also a bridge for white supremist to find loop holes in political framework from which they can work. The Tea party should be disbanded and just call themselves what they are.. an illegitimate arm of the republican party. Indeed, anything that supports or gives a leg for white supremacy to stand on ought to be called what it is. The Black Panthers have some serious political competition.

Voter intimidation is voter intimidation. This has nothing to do with the Tea Party or the axe you have to grind with them or libertarians. While the Tea Party was taken over by the Republicans and is now a propaganda mouthpiece, it doesn't mean they have to disband. Neither does it mean that the Black Panthers would have to disband in this case either. We have freedom of association in this country, so they are free to do as they like. The Tea Party has not engaged in this type of voter intimidation. While there would have to be an investigation to collect data, it doesn't stop the fact that there was travesty in the law when the Black Panthers were not brought up on charges and prosecuted for voter intimidation. Now if you want to make a "I think libertarians are stupid" or "The Tea Party is a racist ****hole" thread, you are more than free to do so. But neither of those two things have anything to do in the slightest with the case against the Black Panthers and their acts of voter intimidation at the election.

This isn't about Tea Parties or Rand Paul, Gabriel. Stop trying to derail the thread.

I am not trying to derail anything.. I think the black community does have something to fear regarding racists and polls. White supremacy shouldn't have an option at the poll. Intimidation may be all that blacks have to go with since they are a minority group that should be protected but somehow I don't think they will be protected by the libertarians.(or any other minority group) The Tea Party is the republican party playing a pathetic political name change game.

EDIT: I've said my part on this. I will not lament about the pathetic Tea bagger party further. But what libertarians want to do to the constitution is unacceptable from a minority mind set in my humble opinion of course.

Last edited:
Well I voted yes but I think they need more evidence. Did they actually stop anyone from voting? Now I understand intimidation is completely unacceptable, why didn't the people at the poll not call police? Is this fox news trying to sensationalize something that was relatively benign?

Intimidation at polls is wrong and should never be accepted under any pretext. It is wrong and polling stations have to be completely free of it. The Black Panthers are a known racist group.

However I think something needs to be said about racism in political realms particularly where the Tea Party is concerned. I don’t care about libertarian haughty notions of liberty the 1964 civil rights act should not be amended for the sake of ideological objectives. It creates also a bridge for white supremist to find loop holes in political framework from which they can work. The Tea party should be disbanded and just call themselves what they are.. an illegitimate arm of the republican party. Indeed, anything that supports or gives a leg for white supremacy to stand on ought to be called what it is. The Black Panthers have some serious political compitition.

john wayne gacey was a leftist, should we consider all democrats clowns who like to diddle childeren?

I am not trying to derail anything.. I think the black community does have something to fear regarding racists and polls. White supremacy shouldn't have an option at the poll. Intimidation may be all that blacks have to go with since they are a minority group that should be protected but somehow I don't think they will be protected by the libertarians.(or any other minority group) The Tea Party is the republican party playing a pathetic political name change game.

WHAT???

Seriously, you're violating the rules. This isn't a thread about the Tea Party or libertarians. You've already been reported.

WHAT???

Seriously, you're violating the rules. This isn't a thread about the Tea Party or libertarians. You've already been reported.

Well the Black Panters are a racist group .. just thought white racist concerns are fair game.

OK Gabriel, who was intimidating Blacks in Philly in 2008?

I don't think they went there with the intention of scaring off white voters. I think they were doing a misguided attempt at protecting peoples voting rights. The way they went about this was wrong though.

As far as the teaparty is concerned. I find it odd that they insist they are just practicing the second amendment and not trying to intimidate anyone when they stand outside of one of the presidents town halls and other democrat events openly toting guns. Nice double standard.

I don't think they went there with the intention of scaring off white voters. I think they were doing a misguided attempt at protecting peoples voting rights. The way they went about this was wrong though.

Protecting whose voting rights from what?

OK Gabriel, who was intimidating Blacks in Philly in 2008?

Whatever in the world does that have to do about anything? OMG.. Obama won because of the black panthers now huh? lmao. Man you post some weak arguments. Anyhow it's clear the intentions of the libertarians are to roll back the 1964 civil rights act. The question is.. should minorities be scared of that happening? The Black Panthers are a racist group with no political party.. now that libertarians have made it clear they want to amend the civil rights act the kkk has a party they can check off. It is also taking advantage of the presidents skin color.

Guns are legal and patriotic but clubs are illegal and antidemocratic? Hhmmm. Sounds hypocritical.

As far as the teaparty is concerned. I find it odd that they insist they are just practicing the second amendment and not trying to intimidate anyone when they stand outside of one of the presidents town halls and other democrat events openly toting guns. Nice double standard.

link please.

Guns are legal and patriotic but clubs are illegal and antidemocratic? Hhmmm. Sounds hypocritical.

Who was standing in front of a polling place with a gun?

Whatever in the world does that have to do about anything? OMG.. Obama won because of the black panthers now huh? lmao. Man you post some weak arguments. Anyhow it's clear the intentions of the libertarians are to roll back the 1964 civil rights act. The question is.. should minorities be scared of that happening? The Black Panthers are a racist group with no political party.. now that libertarians have made it clear they want to amend the civil rights act the kkk has a party they can check off. It is also taking advantage of the presidents skin color.

For the love of ****, can you stay on target? This isn't a "bash libertarians" thread, go make your own damned thread about that if you want. Libertarian political philosophy has nothing to do with the actions of the Black Panthers in this case. I haven't seen the LP going around intimidating voters either, so stop with your biased, bigoted agenda against Libertarians and comment on the damned thread topic. No one said Obama won because of the Black Panthers, people have said what the Black Panthers had done was clearly voter intimidation and there should have been investigation and prosecution for these crimes as voter intimidation is something that we cannot allow stand.

Who was standing in front of a polling place with a gun?

Well they could have had guns holstered and it would have been just as intimidating if not more so then a stick. Wouldn't it? Of course that is all hypothetical and I voted yes on the poll.

Back
Top Bottom