• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think there's something fishy going on with Fox News' super high ratings?

He's missing some key information about the veiwers who make up the left. They are kids for he most part, kids as defined as 26 years old or younger living with their parents. They have short attention spans and even shorter understanding of the consequences of issues going on around them. It's the fall TV season. There was probably a new episode of Spongebob or something on TV. Once the MSM figures this out they will have much more success working their talking points in to cartoons and ICarly.

Trying to decide between which is better faux news or MSNBC I find it like trying to decide between cat vomit and dog vomit on which tastes better.

I used to like msnbc when it was just liberal confirmation bias.

Then they decided to become Fox for democrats.

Can't stomach it any more.

My ideology hasn't changed one bit, nor has my personality.

EDIT: It's YOU'RE. Contraction of "you are." Why can't people get this right?

EDIT 2: Sorry, I'm a copy editor for a living. I'm basically a professional proofreader.

I HATE grammar-smack. But since you've corrected someone else, I'm going to note that a strict grammarian would call you out on your comma splice.

Trying to decide between which is better faux news or MSNBC I find it like trying to decide between cat vomit and dog vomit on which tastes better.

Anyone ever notice how liberals can't admit how partisan and biased MSNBC is, without falsely equating them to Fox News?

There is a difference between the 2 networks, but the left either refuses to, or is incapable of, acknowledging that difference... Yes, they both have a host of biased political opinion shows during prime time and various times throughout the day, but only Fox News presents credible, reasonably centrist news programming that isn't polluted with bias, while MSNBC can make no such a claim... Every single program they air is presented from the liberal perspective and is always skewed against conservatives/republicans.

If you all doubt me, then just look at the rating when a non-political "Big" stories break, and you'll see that people tune to both CNN and Fox, and avoid MSNBC like the plague.

Something IS up. Fox News ratings are up. As they always have been.

I don't watch either Fox or MSNBC, with certain exceptions; Morning Joe on MSNBC every now and then, and Fox News Sunday on Sunday mornings along with the other network's Sunday weekly recap shows.

MSNBC chose to be totally political, not just a slant. Fox chose to have a hard right slant in their talking head opinion shows, with regular news type shows as well (that appears to be changing though from what I have read).

Centrists for the most part don't like any overt politicization of the news. And IMHO that's why MSNBC's numbers have always been low, being that they have predetermined their demographic's numbers by their programming.

Fox, on the other hand, has always surprised me by the large numbers they get. The only reason I can think of for their numbers, is that Fox is the ONLY TV outlet where a liberal slant or at least a bias doesn't exist, therefore they don't have to split their demographic with other networks, like MSNBC does with CNN and the Big 3 Network News shows as well as all the other networks that have popped up recently that cater to the left.

I agree. Just to add a little food for thought, I would be a bit on guard when an information entity, with a known progressive agenda, starts to complain about other providers of information. What are they trying to accomplish with the complaint?

No. I do work, and I am not poor. I earn a comfortable living. Not extravagant, but comfortable.

There our tens of millions who sit on their front porch with a 40 ouncer in one hand and an Obama phone or crack pipe in the other hand waiting for the first of the month who consider they are living a comfortable life.

I agree. Just to add a little food for thought, I would be a bit on guard when an information entity, with a known progressive agenda, starts to complain about other providers of information. What are they trying to accomplish with the complaint?

The same thing they have always tried to accomplish... The silencing of opposing political views and any information that doesn't bode well for the progressive agenda. It's nothing new.

you know you two, i recently earned a AA degree in history and i am planning on being a history teacher. and let me tell you one thing, it ain't about the money, its for the education of others that i stive to be a history teacher.

Hey United, if you earn that BA in history and get your California teaching credentials and get a job with some school district to indoctrinate our children in revisionist history, I think you'll be financially better off than most in California.

Otherwise, I don't see where a degree in history helps one who goes into another profession. Look at G.W. Bush, he majored in history and look where he ended up, in the White House.

Personally I think Bush skated through college or he would have used what he was suppose to have learned. That he should have called the insurrection in Iraq a completely different war from the original Iraq war where the mission was regime change. Like the Spanish-American war and the insurrection that took place in the Philippines, it was treated as a separate war and was called the "Philippine Insurrection." Well just a few years the revisionist had changed the name of that war to the "Philippine-American War" in the name of political correctness and revisionism.

In historical context:

Approximately 125,000 troops served in the Philippines during the war. After more than three years of fighting, at a cost of 400 million dollars and approximately 4,200 American dead and 2,900 wounded, President Theodore Roosevelt proclaimed an end to the insurrection in the Philippines on July 4, 1902. Despite Roosevelt's proclamation, isolated and sporadic guerilla activity continued throughout the period of American rule, which lasted until 1946, when the Philippines finally gained their independence.

Prologue: Selected Articles

Anyone ever notice how liberals can't admit how partisan and biased MSNBC is, without falsely equating them to Fox News?

There is a difference between the 2 networks, but the left either refuses to, or is incapable of, acknowledging that difference... Yes, they both have a host of biased political opinion shows during prime time and various times throughout the day, but
only Fox News presents credible, reasonably centrist news programming that isn't polluted with bias, while MSNBC can make no such a claim... Every single program they air is presented from the liberal perspective and is always skewed against conservatives/republicans.

If you all doubt me, then just look at the rating when a non-political "Big" stories break, and you'll see that people tune to both CNN and Fox, and avoid MSNBC like the plague.

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

ha ha

good one

There obviously must be some conspiracy. MSNBC offers quality programming with just the right take on the issues. How could Fox ever beat them? It's impossible! impossible! I say. Liberals are the smartest people around and everyone knows it. Just ask them. It's simply not possible that their programming would be rejected by TV viewers. It's not possible that Fox News, which is made up of conservatives and right wingers (ugh!) would increase their audience so much. Impossible!

I don't know ANYONE who watches Fox. They can't POSSIBLY be that popular.

Real intelligent reply Bubba... How very "Independent" of you.

Last edited:
Real intelligent reply Bubba... How very "Independent" of you.

Of course, Independents never disagree with Conservatives...:roll:

Ever notice how you can't admit how biased Fox is, with or without a comparison to MSNBC?

Of course, Independents never disagree with Conservatives...:roll:

Ever notice how you can't admit how biased Fox is, with or without a comparison to MSNBC?

Well, other than the fact that is a lie, that's a fine response.

Umm, various shows on Fox, complain about what's or what's not on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and public radio and TV.

Umm, various shows on Fox, complain about what's or what's not on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and public radio and TV.

How come you haven't commented on Tuesday's, Wednsday's, Thursday's and Friday's ratings Pete?

There our tens of millions who sit on their front porch with a 40 ouncer in one hand and an Obama phone or crack pipe in the other hand waiting for the first of the month who consider they are living a comfortable life.

What's your point?

How come you haven't commented on Tuesday's, Wednsday's, Thursday's and Friday's ratings Pete?
Well I haven't seen Friday's ratings yet, but in the key demographic that advertisers look at, Rachel Maddow matches Megyn Kelly pretty well except for Tuesday night which seems to be an outlier. It no wonder why Phil Griffin made the comments he did, however I don't believe he was all that serious.

Kelly/FoxMaddow/MSNBC
Monday289299
Tuesday623291
Wednesday384299
Thursday376288

Well, other than the fact that is a lie, that's a fine response.

Nonsense. Fox News' news programming is consistently biased to the conservative side. Denial is not just another river in Egypt.

Nonsense. Fox News' news programming is consistently biased to the conservative side. Denial is not just another river in Egypt.

If you know what in the hell you're talking about, that makes one of us. My response to rocket and your comment, have absolutely nothing in common.

If you know what in the hell you're talking about, that makes one of us. My response to rocket and your comment, have absolutely nothing in common.

I meant to reply to a different post of yours. Sue me. My point stands. You claimed Fox's news programming is "centrist" and relatively bias-free, and I strongly disagree.

I meant to reply to a different post of yours. Sue me. My point stands. You claimed Fox's news programming is "centrist" and relatively bias-free, and I strongly disagree.

You can disagree all you want, but it's true.

Now I'm sure you wouldn't just be making a partisan judgement, so how about you post some examples of Fox's hard news programming that backs up your strong disagreement with my statement?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom