• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think that Putin and DJT have been in PERSONAL CONTACT with each other since Jan 20, 2021?

Do you think that Putin and DJT have been in PERSONAL CONTACT with each other since Jan 20, 2021

• Total voters
And when one's administration is arguably in shambles with approval ratings in the tank, a good conflict can be a boost. ;)
Not when a pandemic and now a war that chokes wall street nearly to death in which continues to tank an economy. What Putin is now doing isn't designed to help Pres Biden.

Bigger question is why the left is so frigging obsessed with President Trump while the world is going to shit on their demented dude's watch.
That is why.... Biden just plain sucks and every person with a working brain cell knows that simple fact!
Look at the severe damage he has caused to the country and now the world.

Who is a greater threat to American security and interests? A weak and feckless president holed up again in Delaware or Putin. Rigged elections have consequences.
Weak and feckless in what ways specifically?

Frankly, I think what you are mostly hearing from Trump is how Putin has played Biden so badly. Sadly, I think he's just telling the sad truth like it is, whether we want to face that fact or not. Biden's the one in charge of the U.S. and this is not going well. A recent poll indicates a majority doesn't even think we'd be here if Trump were in office. I'm certainly in that majority who thinks we wouldn't be here. Trump wouldn't have messed around and waited to see what all 30 NATO members wanted him to think and say and do. We keep hearing how unified NATO is right now - but that's creating a big delay of let's all check with each other and work to find agreement among all. Sounds good in principle but Ukrainians are rapidly dying and suffering horribly - while NATO chats.

Ukraine is not a member of NATO. The reason people don't think we'd be there if djt was in charge is because they think the invasion would be over with no sanctions on Russia.

Who else would I ask? You're the one who said it. You're also the one so obviously obsessed with Tucker. You hardly write any comments without mentioning Tucker. You must watch more of Tucker than any other poster, either liberal or conservative.
Mention of Tucker’s remarks appeared to provoke a triggered response. Why was that?

I share your concerns and I have no answers.

How were the 15 boxes released to Trump to go to Mar-A-Largo?

How were they transported? There are protocols.

Where were the boxes stored in Mar-A-Largo?

How were they secured?

Who had access?

Who controlled access?

Were protocols for access followed?

Where are the records of those who accessed the information?

Who vetted those who accessed the records?

Why, specifically, were those boxes of classified information in Mar-A-Largo?

Why, why and why don’t we have answers to these and other questions?
What other concerning material traveled to Mar a Lago? Was it limited to 15 boxes?
Then Trump has a variety of properties which could have accommodated White House material. Who has been sifting through the shipments sent to those destinations?

What other concerning material traveled to Mar a Lago? Was it limited to 15 boxes?
Then Trump has a variety of properties which could have accommodated White House material. Who has been sifting through the shipments sent to those destinations?
Another great question!

I suspect that he illegally handled White House papers during most of his term. I'd also bank on the fact that he 'took care' of any notes, etc of what he and Putin shared between each other not to mention using somebody else's phone(s) to chat particulars with him. Plus, not just between him and Putin either. I only hope that if Putin ever comes close to drawing his last breath that he confesses such to someone who is creditable that proves to all what an unpatriotic low-down pig dropping DJT truly is. We know he is, but it sure would be nice to get it from a horse's mouth even if it came from a dictator or two.

"Absolutely yes," where the hell else will Trump get his instructions from?

Tell that to Trump. He's the one still trying to be relevant via media outlets.

Lol, if you had better leaders, maybe you could let go of Trump, but see, here it is again, lol. What did you think would happen getting Germany and the EU to go more green?......Putin's supposed to lay there and allow his income to disappear? The Green New Deal and climate change activists are wholly responsible for this war in Ukraine. They want to force this agenda down peoples throats, not giving a damn about the consequences. "News flash".....the world is not going to give up gas and oil for a long time...not happening....get your head out of your rear ends, wake up to reality, grow up, and cease living in fear.....and most of all stop spreading propaganda across the globe, while your leaders are buying multi-million several thousand square feet homes, flying around in private jets.....jeesh, how blind can you become?

Excellent questions.

As far as I can tell the federal government has not provided much follow up any information.

I would like to believe that the federal government is actively scrambling to answer all the questions.

Trump, has long proven to be a security risk. I don’t think that has changed.

Why would Trump or anyone pick special boxes of classified information to taken to Mar-A-Largo? Or maybe elsewhere as well.

What value could they have been to Trump? It isn’t as if Trump reads. Ah, but those files could have been of immense value to other governments.

Trump has been unstable for who knows how long. He is greatly attracted to authoritarians. As such Trump continues to seek Putin’s approval.

WTF was Trump doing with 15 boxes of classified documents - some of them above top secret - at Mar-A-Largo?

Has Trump shared classified info with Putin? Did he provide Russia access to the contents of the 15 boxes at Mar-A-Largo? Did Putin invade Ukraine in part because of information made available to him by Trump?

Absurd? Maybe not.
All good points and questions.

My question includes any possible personal contact either by phone, text, email or letter. Myself, suspecting what a mob bossy DJT's life he's had while constantly surrounded by lawyers who taught him how to 'not get caught' by not doing this or that - it's my opinion that he'd not use text, email or any letter writing that might possibly turn up as embarrassing evidence someday. So, I think that there's at least a possibility that he's had a few phone chats with Putin - nothing in the likes of constant phone chats with Hannity but at least a couple long distance chats that has kept them somewhat close. imo I understand that I could be wrong about this, but I feel more strongly than not that the two have remained in contact.

Given the stupidity of this attack, I kind of think Trump is advising him.

Excellent questions.

As far as I can tell the federal government has not provided much follow up any information.

I would like to believe that the federal government is actively scrambling to answer all the questions.

Trump, has long proven to be a security risk. I don’t think that has changed.

Why would Trump or anyone pick special boxes of classified information to taken to Mar-A-Largo? Or maybe elsewhere as well.

What value could they have been to Trump? It isn’t as if Trump reads. Ah, but those files could have been of immense value to other governments.
Your're correct. DJT, himself, doesn't read much at all - he uses his corrupt lawyers to read for him and translate partial content of importance to DJT on a 4th grade level so that he understands what it is that he can offer up as barter or to outright sell to adversaries. imo. In the case of Putin, it's my strong belief that DJT needed Putin to go ahead with the chaos that Putin is currently causing in Ukraine while creating stress on global markets and additional monies spent on dealing with panicked refuges, supplies and military preparedness in Europe. Holding NATO at bay due to the rules. All under Biden's watch. Just like the Trumplicans are claiming the pandemic being Biden's failure they'll continue to claim failure of our economy on Biden even more-so because of claimed missteps made by Biden v Putin's Ukraine invasion. Our ex-president Chaos + Russia's president Chaos remains the plan while the two are communicating just enough to serve each other's controlling needs. A Trump DC Rule giving way to a Putin Moscow Power Play in Europe. Unless justice does its job, asap, that's what's riding on the next presidential election in 2024 for N America and Europe.

Trump was/is Putin’s most useful idiot. As President Trump undermined our allies in Europe. He insulted their heads of state. He attacked NATO and wanted the US to resign from NATO. He withheld aid from Ukraine and initially refused to meet with Zelensky…until Trump needed him help Trump get re-elected. Trump divulged very critical secrets to the Russians about Israel.

Trump’s real estate connections to Russia saved Trump from bankruptcy in more than one way.

Meanwhile Trump fawned over Putin and Russian And he still does.

Based on his behavior, Trump’s loyalty to Putin is only shadowed by Trump’s loyalty to himself. I’m not sure Trump understands loyalty to one’s country. That made and makes Trump an extremely high national security risk.

I would say probably not. Trump has served his purpose and I doubt Putin thinks he’s of any more use to him. And besides, what is he going to do? Tell Trump to divid the United States for him? Trump doesn’t need any persuasion for that.

My question includes any possible personal contact either by phone, text, email or letter. Myself, suspecting what a mob bossy DJT's life he's had while constantly surrounded by lawyers who taught him how to 'not get caught' by not doing this or that - it's my opinion that he'd not use text, email or any letter writing that might possibly turn up as embarrassing evidence someday. So, I think that there's at least a possibility that he's had a few phone chats with Putin - nothing in the likes of constant phone chats with Hannity but at least a couple long distance chats that has kept them somewhat close. imo I understand that I could be wrong about this, but I feel more strongly than not that the two have remained in contact.
Beyond astonishing and incredible, but who really knows, right?

I'm sure that Pelosi blew at least $200 Million on having mobile phone engineers testify that absolutely Trump and Putin were definitely talking about and planning the surrender of the USA to Russia. delusional, idiotic and asinine Pelosi is at it again.

Trump, like many other American citizens, stayed off the grid for the most part on purpose. I too have no desire to broadcast every part of my data to whoever the hell would want to read about it to begin with. After all, it is no big secret that the largest IT corps like Google, Facebook, Twitter, image hosts, etc... -- specifically those with unlimited cloud backups are left-wing radicals.

There is no way in hell that Putin and Trump spoke via phone as it is beyond highly likely that the NSA would have ID'd both voices (vox recognition) and made the connection for all calls between the two of them.

Since the Patriot Act was passed following the 9/11 tragedies, one provision (The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 (FISA)) got one hell of an upgrade, allowing for the mass-collection of Bell Telephone data (now either AT&T or Verizon, I believe. CBS 60- Minutes (USA) did a piece on it years ago and showed a gigantic metal-type pipe emerging from the Pacific Ocean containing literally millions of wires (likely fiber optic, I would think); it went into a typical non-descript Bell Telephone building where a splicer-type device split the cable into two identical 'lines', one of which went back into the ocean and the other went deeper into the Bell building where every bit of data was copied and the announcer said ~ultimately ends up at the NSA.

This is illegal for intra-US communications, but not for data that was once again leaving the US. Regardless, you had young men and women explaining how a word or phrase triggered the system, causing that call, text, email, to be flagged for future follow-up.

So, 60-minutes concluded that every communication, whether involving a 'protected' US citizen or not was backed-up somewhere for future scrutiny. My calls must bore them to death.

But here we go again - granted the Republicans started this one after 9/11, and it had an expiration date on it, another American civil liberty had temporarily been taken from us with high-ranking officials like Obama informing the American people that it would only be temporary, while Obama was in the shadows making damn sure that the renewal documents were signed by the AG in time, once even having to rush to the hospital to get the AG's signature. The dems love the fact that they can keep an initial well-meaning, temporary item going and instead, figure out ways to keep it going into perpetuity - and funded. DISGRACEFUL!!

So, if your quote is true -
ouch said:
...So, I think that there's at least a possibility that he's had a few phone chats with Putin - nothing in the likes of constant phone chats with Hannity but at least a couple long distance chats that has kept them somewhat close. imo I understand that I could be wrong about this, but I feel more strongly than not that the two have remained in contact.
. . .given all of the leaks in Trump's WH, I think we would have heard something about Trump-Putin phone calls. Don't you? It seemed every Trump call was leaked and now with Biden - not a single peep - even after Biden spoke with Putin the other day likely to [TRY] and cut off Putin's pipeline deal. Biden is still ordering 500,000 barrels of Russian oil per day, but will not allow oil and gas drillers on our own federal land that they have paid for leases on - are allowed to drill at all. Mas a ton of sense to me as our gas prices will blow through the $5/gallon pump price probably next week. But with millions that the Biden Crime Family is making off of foreign countries - who the hell cares anymore? Biden did tell us "IT WILL COST YOU NOTHING" - Remember that ?

Just my opinion.

It can't be dismissed as a not possible scenario.

I think it's quite possible. Look at the way Trump is defending his invasion? Nothing has changed since Trump chose Putin over us on that stage in Helsinki . . .
Oh, please.

Trump has no say - he has been out of office for 14 months now.

It is ALL Biden's fault. Biden should have closed Ukrainian air space, sent plenty of Wild Weasel planes in, taken out the Russian SAM radar and missile sites, then followed that with 1,000 B-52s to carpet bomb the hell out of the 40 mile clogged road filled with Russian broken down vehicles, trucks out of gas, etc... the normal "Turkey Shoot" like Bush did in Iraq in 1992 in the final hours of OP Desert Storm, a 100-hour war.

How many GOP didn't bother to show up to the state of the union the other night?

At least the missing GOP did not show up in color-coordinated outfits like the dems did and sat stoic - not one single clap for any reason. And the Pelosi doing the "First grade paper shredding, which was her typical childish behavior. She is one strange bird.

You people get a little touchy when you lose an election, huh?

I think it's quite possible. Look at the way Trump is defending his invasion? Nothing has changed since Trump chose Putin over us on that stage in Helsinki . . .
Trump never defended the invasion. It’s amazing, typically a conspiracy theory is based on a kernel of truth. What does it say about your theory you have to base it on a lie.

Oh, please.

Trump has no say - he has been out of office for 14 months now.

It is ALL Biden's fault. Biden should have closed Ukrainian air space
Stop right there. Nuclear war has just obliterated everyone. And it is all because of Joe Biden. He did the idiotic thing you recommended. Oh...what was that? "Let's go, Brandon?" Shoot down all the Russian airplanes over Ukraine? That is going to war with Russia and Russia is another nuclear power.

Thank God "The Biden Crime Family" members are all smarter than you and can, therefore, keep the United States from becoming involved in a nuclear war because Vladimir Putin is obsessed with Ukraine.

The only reason I can imagine Trump getting on the phone with Putin is to somehow find a way to compensate for Biden's current and future f*ckups.

. . .given all of the leaks in Trump's WH, I think we would have heard something about Trump-Putin phone calls. Don't you?

Just my opinion.
Nope. Once out of office, the rest are private calls.

The op/poll remains an opinion. A strong opinion at that.

Back
Top Bottom