• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you think polls are and effective way to tell what Americans believe?

Do you think that polls are and effective way to tell what Americans believe?

• Yes

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
and like I said I don't tow the party line, I feel that abortion is moraly wrong and a violation of the constitutions right to not have the government take away your life, liberty, or property without due process.

and even if I did support abortion how come it's only the womans right why doesn't the man get a say? I mean the man did have some input ;) on the subject if you catch my drift.

As soon as you become pregnant, I promise, you can have a say.

Kelzie said:
As soon as you become pregnant, I promise, you can have a say.

And so because a man can't get pregnant he has no say if his wife becomes pregnant.......How sexist is that?

Kelzie said:
For the last time. That is not a poll. His approval ratings were. And they were correct. It was the fact that no president has ever won with them that low that was incorrect.

For the last time and approval rating is done by a poll........

Navy Pride said:
You would have lost big time then on Bush's approval rating a couple of days before the lection..........
Dude....is there a reason that you're unable to grasp that a poll on approval rating IS NOT the same as a poll on whom you will vote for?

It is also obvious to me that you are unable to understand the science of "margin of error" because if you did you would stop writing the same posts over and over again! Do you have any clue as to how many times you've posted your concept about Bush's Disapproval Rating?

:whothere:

OK, too many stupid things have been said on this thread for me to address them all at this point. But let's clear up the most obvious:

Navy Pride said:
Nope, a week before the elections President Bush's approval ratings were in the mid forties and the left wing media was full of glee becasue no president had ever been re elected with and approval rating of below 50%.....

1. George Bush's approval ratings were right on the margin for reelection. No president in recent history had ever been reelected with a lower approval rating than his...but no president in recent history had ever NOT been reelected with a higher approval rating than his.

2. I know of no intelligent liberals who cited his approval rating as evidence that he wouldn't be reelected, since John Kerry's approval ratings were not much better. I think you just made that up, or you have a very short memory about what pundits were saying prior to the election, or you hang around a lot of uninformed morons who talk politics.

3. Saying that "no one has ever been reelected with X" is not a poll result. It's a historic observation. Furthermore, for several weeks prior to the election, pundits were explaining the tautology that these trends "are only true until they cease to be true." The fact that something hasn't happened before doesn't mean that it never will. Blaming the polls for an historical observation is ridiculous.

4. Polling a thousand random people out of a large population is a VERY good way to get an accurate sample; it's not an "educated guess at best," nor is it "bullshit." It's a scientific measurement that has proven to work remarkably well. Take an introductory statistics class before you make unfounded assertions to the contrary.

Navy Pride said:
And so because a man can't get pregnant he has no say if his wife becomes pregnant.......How sexist is that?

How sexist is that? I am not descriminating by gender. As soon as the guy becomes pregnant, I promise, he will have a say in it.

Navy Pride said:
For the last time and approval rating is done by a poll........

Okay. Let's take what I said:

That is not a poll. His approval ratings were

What do you think this means? I said something...we'll leave that alone for a minute...was not a poll. Then I said his approval ratings were. Now, most people would take from this that I meant his approval ratings were a poll. I am confused how you understood something different.

The "something" I was referring to was the belief that a president with low approval ratings has never won. That is not a poll. It is a historical observation. That was wrong.

Kelzie said:
How sexist is that? I am not descriminating by gender. As soon as the guy becomes pregnant, I promise, he will have a say in it.

you will notice i stay off the abortion forum
but your statement is sexist
the life growing in the woman, is the offspring of the Man aswell
he has everyright in the decision process as she does
and if a woman aborts a baby, without consulting the father, she should be aborted as well
she is nothing but a bunch of cells either

now back to your regularly scheduled programming

DeeJayH said:
you will notice i stay off the abortion forum
but your statement is sexist
the life growing in the woman, is the offspring of the Man aswell
he has everyright in the decision process as she does
and if a woman aborts a baby, without consulting the father, she should be aborted as well
she is nothing but a bunch of cells either

now back to your regularly scheduled programming

Seriously. If the guy wants to carry the baby instead, I would support his right to.

Kelzie said:
Seriously. If the guy wants to carry the baby instead, I would support his right to.

that is the lamest response i have ever read from you
but i choose not to involve myself in the abomination forum for a reason
so i will leave it at that

DeeJayH said:
that is the lamest response i have ever read from you
but i choose not to involve myself in the abomination forum for a reason
so i will leave it at that

You know...I have never said that to anyone. It's a little rude. Although, I imagine if I do say it, it will only be because I can't counter their points.

Nobody's forcing you to talk about it.

Back
Top Bottom