• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think politics has become more and more about show-boating and endorsement?

catif001

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Personally, I think that with Trump appearing on every single news channel when I turn the T.V. on, I think that he's essentially already been given the presidency, if gaining the presidency is to be measured in terms of how much publicity you have. And in these morally ambiguous times, is publicity all that matters? Are we educated enough, as a people, to filter out sensationalist publicity so as to prevent subconscious tendencies to welcome primal instincts into our arguments. It seems to me that a great trend of our modern culture is to ingratiate wild sentiments, to gain the most publicity and use that to gain the upper hand, in politics and other spheres of communication. Do you, reader, think that our ability as a nation to make sound judgments in the realm of politics has been watered down through the ages? Is this, perhaps, what contributes most greatly to gridlock in Congress?

Re: Do you think politics has become more and more about show-boating and endorsement

Personally, I think that with Trump appearing on every single news channel when I turn the T.V. on, I think that he's essentially already been given the presidency, if gaining the presidency is to be measured in terms of how much publicity you have. And in these morally ambiguous times, is publicity all that matters? Are we educated enough, as a people, to filter out sensationalist publicity so as to prevent subconscious tendencies to welcome primal instincts into our arguments. It seems to me that a great trend of our modern culture is to ingratiate wild sentiments, to gain the most publicity and use that to gain the upper hand, in politics and other spheres of communication. Do you, reader, think that our ability as a nation to make sound judgments in the realm of politics has been watered down through the ages? Is this, perhaps, what contributes most greatly to gridlock in Congress?

Has become? Yes, it's a joke lately. Terrible candidates who are so powered by their egos that they can't think their way out of paper bags. This is all about self worship to them.

Re: Do you think politics has become more and more about show-boating and endorsement

I think it has become all about acquiring power and privilege.

Back
Top Bottom