• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think maybe the right has it a little ass backwards[W:157]

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Screenshot from 2016-03-31 22:45:07.jpg With the regressives comes endless stupidity. They will destroy this country and it's values if they get their way. They have progressed from just being the other party to the party that will destroy everything of value that we have. The endless hate which is blatantly shown by who is left as their presidential candidates, who are the leaders of their party , it's one sick group of people.

Re: Do you think maybe the right has it a little ass backwards

View attachment 67199688 With the regressives comes endless stupidity. They will destroy this country and it's values if they get their way. They have progressed from just being the other party to the party that will destroy everything of value that we have. The endless hate which is blatantly shown by who is left as their presidential candidates, who are the leaders of their party , it's one sick group of people.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAA
Pie chart of 'federal spending' circulating on the Internet is misleading | PolitiFact
Due to its skewed methodology, the pie chart offers a deeply distorted picture of federal spending. We rate the claim False.

Here is the real deal:
https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/
2015 Spending Pie Chart.jpg

View attachment 67199688 With the regressives comes endless stupidity. They will destroy this country and it's values if they get their way. They have progressed from just being the other party to the party that will destroy everything of value that we have. The endless hate which is blatantly shown by who is left as their presidential candidates, who are the leaders of their party , it's one sick group of people.

How do you harmonize your numbers with those of the debt click?
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

This thread should be popcorn ready in no time.

:popcorn2:

I'll do my best not to disappoint, Orphan Slug.

I'm pretty sure the unaccounted-for $8.5 Trillion is still unaccounted for. But **** the taxpayers, right?

Furthermore:

For the period 2010-14, SIPRI found that the United States was the world's biggest exporter of major arms, accounting for 31 percent of global shares, followed by Russia with 27 percent. The USA delivered weapons to at least 94 recipients. The United States was also the world's eighth largest importer of major military equipment for the same period. The main imports were 19 transport aircraft from Italy; and equipment produced in the US under licence–including 252 trainer aircraft of Swiss design, 223 light helicopters of German design and 10 maritime patrol aircraft of Spanish design.[1]

640px-InflationAdjustedDefenseSpending.PNG

^ Military spending 1962 - 2015 (inflation-adjusted for 2011 dollars).

The total budget of the DoD has gone up by 2.38 Trillion dollars since 1996.

640px-Top_ten_military_expenditures_in_%24_in_2013.jpg

And yes, that preceding infographic is accurate.

The 2009 U.S. military budget accounts for approximately 40% of global arms spending. The 2012 budget is 6–7 times larger than the $106 billion military budget of China The United States and its close allies are responsible for two-thirds to three-quarters of the world's military spending (of which, in turn, the U.S. is responsible for the majority).[2][3] The US also maintains the largest number of military bases on foreign soil across the world.[4]

However, the percentage of our GDP is still fairly historically low of the U.S. (again, for the U.S.)

In 2005, the United States spent 4.06% of its GDP on its military (considering only basic Department of Defense budget spending), more than France's 2.6% and less than Saudi Arabia's 10%.[5]

This is historically low for the United States since it peaked in 1944 at 37.8% of GDP (it reached the lowest point of 3.0% in 1999–2001). Even during the peak of the Vietnam War the percentage reached a high of 9.4% in 1968.

Still, we are unequivocally a war-state.

Last edited:

This thread should be popcorn ready in no time.

:popcorn2:

Ya, because we have to go sixteen rounds till we can get to an agreement on the facts.

If then.

Can't you just feel the love?

Can't you just see all of the bridge building and reaching out to the other side?

Can't you see all the efforts to find common ground with those of a different political leaning?

Bernie and Hillary BOTH asked you guys to do that, but I am not seeing it with posts like this one.

Let me know when the " just like Hitler " posts start to rise up.

Same tired old song, different tempo.

640px-Military_expenditure_percent_of_GDP.svg.png

Consider everything from yellow to red a War State.

Why do you always deduct everything down to a hate issue.

First pull Social security and medicare out of the chart, then simply take any response to a Google of"what we really pay for the military" then come back and we will look at this again. and remember this is only talking about food support , you don't get to change it to your liking.

First pull Social security and medicare out of the chart, then simply take any response to a Google of"what we really pay for the military" then come back and we will look at this again. and remember this is only talking about food support , you don't get to change it to your liking.

Social Security and Medicare are still spending. Its not changing anything to my liking, it is the actual record of all spending. Politifact didn't agree with you either, shrug.

Why do you always deduct everything down to a hate issue.
Because your party is now the hate party. It has been moved their purposely to get a massive population that are motivated by hate talk,something that will diminish, the further we get away from the Bush/regressive recession. You remember the almost total collapse of our economy and country by doing things the regressive way. Do you want the whole list of things that your party dislikes/hates. You know the things that you and your party thinks are our problems in this country, or what Fox tells you to think. I hope this was clear enough.

Social Security and Medicare are still spending. Its not changing anything to my liking, it is the actual record of all spending. Politifact didn't agree with you either, shrug.
It is paid for by separate sources of funding other then taxes, doesn't matter if they put it on the general fund , it's not a burden on the tax dollar as of yet, it doesn't belong, you want it there so you can call it healthcare and welfare. Which on the chart has nothing to do with SS and medicare. Has to be pulled to give the chart any meaning at all.

I'm pretty sure the unaccounted-for $8.5 Trillion is still unaccounted for. But **** the taxpayers, right?

Furthermore:

However, the percentage of our GDP is still fairly historically low of the U.S. (again, for the U.S.)

are we the country everyone turns to when **** hits the fan anywhere in the world? yes or no?

is that going to be our role going forward? yes or no?

when we stop being the big dog carrying the big stick, we can stop spending the big dollars....

but....when **** happens, and it inevitably will, i dont want to hear anyone cry that we need to intervene, or send troops, or somehow protect the country now in trouble

we can go more isolationist....and stop protecting the rest of the world....i dont have an issue doing that

it will bring our troops back home, and leave other nations to fend for themselves

we can cut our defense budget in half at least doing that...maybe more

but we wont have the ability to do what we do now.....

so lets get everyone on the same page.....

who do we WANT to be....and then spend accordingly

are we the country everyone turns to when **** hits the fan anywhere in the world? yes or no?

is that going to be our role going forward? yes or no?

when we stop being the big dog carrying the big stick, we can stop spending the big dollars....

but....when **** happens, and it inevitably will, i dont want to hear anyone cry that we need to intervene, or send troops, or somehow protect the country now in trouble

we can go more isolationist....and stop protecting the rest of the world....i dont have an issue doing that

it will bring our troops back home, and leave other nations to fend for themselves

we can cut our defense budget in half at least doing that...maybe more

but we wont have the ability to do what we do now.....

so lets get everyone on the same page.....

who do we WANT to be....and then spend accordingly

I'd like to add that nowhere in the Constitution does it say 'police the world'. So, as a Constitutionalist, I am against sending off other people's children to die in wars we have no business in.

Furthermore:

Are libs even capable of honesty? National defense is not synonymous with "war-state". :roll:

Are libs even capable of honesty? National defense is not synonymous with "war-state". :roll:

both sides are guilty of this. How long do we need to keep ground troops in Europe? we have ground forces in how many countries around the globe? 120? more?

I'd like to add that nowhere in the Constitution does it say 'police the world'. So, as a Constitutionalist, I am against sending off other people's children to die in wars we have no business in.
Where in the Constitution is the dept of education? EPA? IRS? Gun control? Or two dozen other items on the lib agenda? Constitutionalist? I think not.

It is paid for by separate sources of funding other then taxes, doesn't matter if they put it on the general fund , it's not a burden on the tax dollar as of yet, it doesn't belong, you want it there so you can call it healthcare and welfare. Which on the chart has nothing to do with SS and medicare. Has to be pulled to give the chart any meaning at all.

Are you saying that the dollars taken out of my paycheck for SS & Medicare are NOT taxes?

both sides are guilty of this. How long do we need to keep ground troops in Europe? we have ground forces in how many countries around the globe? 120? more?

So, we should abandon our allies?

So, we should abandon our allies?

making our allies pay for their own defense is abandoning them?

can't liberals use the same argument. We should abandon poor people?

Where in the Constitution is the dept of education? EPA? IRS? Gun control? Or two dozen other items on the lib agenda? Constitutionalist? I think not.

you should check out restrictions on standing armies in the text of that thing.

Back
Top Bottom