• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do You Think Democrats will try to overthrow the presidential election with voter fraud?

Do You Think Democrats will try to overthrow the presidential election with voter fraud?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because fraud requires intent instead of people just not following instructions properly.

High Number Of Mail-In And Absentee Primary Ballots Rejected : NPR

This sort of phenomenon has already been studied and is seen by expert as people not being used to the procedure, especially with a high number of people doing this for the first time.

Basically, its this year's "hanging chad"

LOL. How is signing the wrong signature not "following procedure?" Again, 70,000 in California rejected for wring signature or no signature. Unless you investigate them, you have no idea whether or not there was fraud. And signing the wrong signature is prima facia fraud.

LOL. How is signing the wrong signature not "following procedure?" Again, 70,000 in California rejected for wring signature or no signature. Unless you investigate them, you have no idea whether or not there was fraud. And signing the wrong signature is prima facia fraud.

You've never dealt with the public have you?

Occam's razor would suggest a lack of intelligence/training

GOProjection

LOL. How is signing the wrong signature not "following procedure?" Again, 70,000 in California rejected for wrong signature or no signature. Unless you investigate them, you have no idea whether or not there was fraud. And signing the wrong signature is prima facia fraud.

My bad. 30,000 in California rejected for wrong signature or no signature. 70,000 rejected for missed dates.

You've never dealt with the public have you?

Occam's razor would suggest a lack of intelligence/training

Really? People sign the wrong signature becasue they lack intelligence? How does that work?

Really? People sign the wrong signature becasue they lack intelligence? How does that work?
What makes you assume its not simply the signature looking different from the reference versus a different name?

Republicans are paranoid about election cheating because they're doing all the cheating.

The Democrats have a history of this, example the 2016 election, and also yes, none of them will be held accountable for it.

Though I think that this time they'll be far more obvious about it and not so slick. Seems they are beyond caring about what such division does to the nation.

"Example the 2016 election"? That's it? That's your idea of an "example?" Imagine how that court case would unfold:

Prosecutor: "Your honor, the Democrats are charged with election cheating."
Judge: "What did they do?"
Prosecutor: "2016, your honor. 2016."

Voted No/elaboration.

Republicans are running scared and are just as likely, if not moreso, to do what they're prematurely accusing Democrats of.

If I thought he was that smart (and he is very cunning), I'd say The Donald was making this big a fuss over Dems to try and plant the same idea in his followers.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

What makes you assume its not simply the signature looking different from the reference versus a different name?

Who said anything about a different name? It's the wrong signature, the experts agreed. You were going to explain how that is due to a lack of intelligence or training.

Who said anything about a different name? It's the wrong signature, the experts agreed. You were going to explain how that is due to a lack of intelligence or training.

If we are specifically going into cases where signature are rejected, then wikipedia is your friend.

In this case it would a lack of training for the people verifying ballots. Its basically a poorly thought out verification system with an terribly high error rate.

Signature - Wikipedia

Handwriting experts say "it is extremely difficult for anyone to be able to figure out if a signature or other very limited writing sample has been forged,"[5] High volume review of signatures, to decide if a signature is true or forged, occurs when election offices decide whether to accept absentee ballots arriving from voters,[6] and possibly when banks decide whether to pay checks.[7][8] The highest error rates in signature verification are found with lay people, higher than for computers, which in turn make more errors than experts.[9]

There have been concerns that signature reviews improperly reject ballots from young and minority voters at higher rates than others, with no or limited ability of voters to appeal the rejection.[10] [11] When errors are made with bank checks, the payer can ask the bank for corrections.

Researchers have published error rates for computerized signature verification. They compare different systems on a common database of true and false signatures. The best system falsely rejects 10% of true signatures, while it accepts 10% of forgeries. Another system has error rates on both of 14%, and the third-best has error rates of 17%.[12][13] It is possible to be less stringent and reject fewer true signatures, at the cost of also rejecting fewer forgeries.[14] Computer algorithms:

look for a certain number of points of similarity between the compared signatures ... a wide range of algorithms and standards, each particular to that machine's manufacturer, are used to verify signatures. In addition, counties have discretion in managing the settings and implementing manufacturers' guidelines ... there are no statewide standards for automatic signature verification ... most counties do not have a publicly available, written explanation of the signature verification criteria and processes they use.[15]

In an experiment, experts rejected 5% of true signatures and 71% of forgeries. They were doubtful about another 57% of true signatures and 27% of forgeries. If computer verification is adjusted to reflect what experts are sure about, it will wrongly reject 5% of true signatures and wrongly accept 29% of forgeries. If computers were adjusted more strictly, rejecting all signatures which experts have doubts about, the computers would set aside 62% of true signatures, and still wrongly accept 2% of forgeries. Lay people made more mistakes and were doubtful less often, though the study does not report whether their mistakes were to accept more forgeries or reject more true signatures.[16]

Voters with short names are at a disadvantage, since experts make more mistakes on signatures with fewer "turning points and intersections." Participants in this study had 10 true signatures to compare to, which is more than most postal ballot verifications have.[16] A more recent study for the US Department of Justice confirms the probabilistic nature of signature verification, though it does not provide numbers.[9]

If we are specifically going into cases where signature are rejected, then wikipedia is your friend.

In this case it would a lack of training for the people verifying ballots. Its basically a poorly thought out verification system with an terribly high error rate.

Signature - Wikipedia

And you support this system? That, according to your theory, is going to throw out hundreds of thousands of valid votes.

And you support this system? That, according to your theory, is going to throw out hundreds of thousands of valid votes.

I think we need to come up with a better mechanism than signatures if it is a problematic system and then leads people like you to believe a flawed system is an indicator of fraud.

What we should be looking for is a system everyone can trust and shows a low error rate through transparent analysis that isn't too complicated for the average voter to understand.

Yes, but they will be very slick about it. If they succeed, they'll be home free. No one will be held accountable.

^ Rush's/Sean's/Donald's strategy is already working.

I think we need to come up with a better mechanism than signatures if it is a problematic system and then leads people like you to believe a flawed system is an indicator of fraud.

What we should be looking for is a system everyone can trust and shows a low error rate through transparent analysis that isn't too complicated for the average voter to understand.

We have one. It's called in person voting with voter ID. And yes, it is as safe as a trip to the grocery store (ask Dr. Fauci)

We have one. It's called in person voting with voter ID. And yes, it is as safe as a trip to the grocery store (ask Dr. Fauci)

I would agree with you on literally any other year, but this is 2020 and we have COVID, we need something else.

(also, I do grocery pick up)

I would agree with you on literally any other year, but this is 2020 and we have COVID, we need something else.

(also, I do grocery pick up)

For those that are afraid, traditional absentee voting. It's worked for decades.

Again, any system that sends out millions and millions of live ballots that you know are invalid is insane, and is asking for trouble. My fear is that is precisely why the Democrats are pushing this - to create chaos.

For those that are afraid, traditional absentee voting. It's worked for decades.

Again, any system that sends out millions and millions of live ballots that you know are invalid is insane, and is asking for trouble. My fear is that is precisely why the Democrats are pushing this - to create chaos.

COVID is not considered a legitimate absentee voting reason in all states, so unless those states change this argument does not work either.

I am all for reasonable solutions that most people can agree on, but not for any that would disenfranchise voters and unfortunately many states are doing just that by not accepting this as a reason.

I am more concerned with President Trump and what he might do if he looses. He is already making comments about fraud, rigged, etc.

Rush's/Sean's/Donald's strategy. Otherwise known as the truth.

i'm not sure if those three could recognize the truth if it flew up and bit them on the ass.

Absolutely they will! They tried to do it once...they'll do it again......... In fact they are already trying to lay the groundwork for voter fraud with this mail in voting scheme!

COVID is not considered a legitimate absentee voting reason in all states, so unless those states change this argument does not work either.

That's only seven states, which includes NY.

I am all for reasonable solutions that most people can agree on, but not for any that would disenfranchise voters and unfortunately many states are doing just that by not accepting this as a reason.

Ohio doesn't require an excuse, so you are good to go. If I shared your fear of Covid, I'd definitely be bitching at my legislature to allow no excuse absentee voting.

Yes, but they will be very slick about it. If they succeed, they'll be home free. No one will be held accountable.

Democrats feel that 'voter fraud' is a human right & have so for the last 3 decades with mixed results.

Would the idiot leftists and the rat ****s in congress they support...the same people that have spent the last 3.5 years fabricating ridiculous bull**** to try to overthrow the results of a presidential election do something corrupt to try to steal the election?

Do you really need to ask that question?

Back
Top Bottom