• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think Biden will ever reinstate Trumps policies?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Specifically, energy/economic and immigration?
Or will he stay the course and go down as the worst President in history?
I don't think he's completely aware of the real state of the nation.

You cant' reinstate something that wasn't there to begin with.

I think he will Grandpappy. So, you may unfurrow your brow and rest your tired head easy.

He's only the worst president to those who believe the last president was even close to competent (or even capable of 30 seconds of coherent thought). For the rest of us, he's just lackluster at best. Won't be the worst, certainly not the best. Middle of the road so far.

Biden has kept Trump's policies on immigration for the last 2 years. Except for building that stupid wall of course. We also are not making immigrant children wards of the State by separating them and sending their parents home alone.

In perhaps his most visible departure from the previous administration, President Biden ordered a halt to wall construction along the U.S.-Mexico border shortly after taking office.

But much of the immigration policy architecture of the Trump years endures. The Biden administration has retained Title 42, a pandemic-related policy mandating the rapid expulsion of migrants as a public health precaution, even as America opened its land borders to Mexico and Canada. And a federal court order forced reinstatement of the former administration’s policy that kept asylum seekers on the Mexican side of the border while awaiting U.S. immigration court dates, known as the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP).

Immigrant advocates say Biden has added some humanity to America’s immigration system but credit him with little else.

https://www.voanews.com/a/biden-s-f...st-changes-to-immigration-policy/6367512.html

I dunno. At this point Biden's far too old to tell as many lies as Trump told. He'll be long dead before he praises Putin or says he loves the Dear Leader of North Korea. I'm fairly certain Biden will never say Mexico is paying for a wall while his administration is sending Mexico $325 million a year in foreign aid. So, no. Sorry.

Of course he won't, he's a catfish eating commie

Not completely or voluntarily. He has restored some federal land for potential oil/gas drilling leases and the court has ordered him to reinstate “remain in Mexico”.

As much as possible yes. After the mid-terms he (via his ‘handlers’ and the bulk of the MSM) can blame the republicants in congress for being the ‘party of no’.

Joe “Where am I?” Biden is not aware of much these days, but c’mon man he is not kidding about wanting to unity the country. He has about 75% unified in saying that he is on the wrong track now. ;)

I don't know. Really depends on how desparate he gets for getting reelected. I don't see him doing it now, not even before the midterms. He's too narcissistic, can't blame himself, can't accept any blame. If he is afraid enough he will make a few changes but as little as possible and he'll call it something else.

Of course he isn't going to reinstate Trump's immigration policy, which was morally abhorrent. The worst of any president in the modern era. (Not that Biden is much better...he's probably the second-worst. His failure to adequately staff the State Department and reopen US consulates in a timely manner post-COVID is a failure for which Biden cannot blame Trump.)

Why would any president want to reinstate their predecessor's energy/economic policies? The energy and economic landscape changes so fast that even if they actually were good ideas under the previous president, they almost certainly won't still be good policies several years later.

You commies can attempt to deflect, but reality is difficult to deny. It's not improving, just keeps getting worse every day.
Joe's " It's not my fault " is sounding really lame.

Biden has kept Trump's policies on immigration for the last 2 years. Except for building that stupid wall of course. We also are not making immigrant children wards of the State by separating them and sending their parents home alone.

In perhaps his most visible departure from the previous administration, President Biden ordered a halt to wall construction along the U.S.-Mexico border shortly after taking office.

But much of the immigration policy architecture of the Trump years endures. The Biden administration has retained Title 42, a pandemic-related policy mandating the rapid expulsion of migrants as a public health precaution, even as America opened its land borders to Mexico and Canada. And a federal court order forced reinstatement of the former administration’s policy that kept asylum seekers on the Mexican side of the border while awaiting U.S. immigration court dates, known as the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP).

Immigrant advocates say Biden has added some humanity to America’s immigration system but credit him with little else.

https://www.voanews.com/a/biden-s-f...st-changes-to-immigration-policy/6367512.html

Not like he didn't try to remove some, like the stay in Mexico policy. That was stopped by the courts.

😄 No way Biden will surpass Trump as worst president.
He wouldn’t be the only one (^).

😄 No way Biden will surpass Trump as worst president.

He wouldn’t be the only one (^).

I think even you can see reality. It may take a while.
The stock market is sinking as we speak.

The ignorance is to disturbing.

I know you really believed the DNC talking points, I can understand why you cling to that dogma.
But c'mon man. It was just a bunch of malarkey.

I think even you can see reality. It may take a while.
The stock market is sinking as we speak.
Yep, it's a great time to buy! I hope it goes even lower.

Why the hell would he reinstate failed policies???

I know you really believed the DNC talking points, I can understand why you cling to that dogma.
But c'mon man. It was just a bunch of malarkey.
No, i am a fact based, lifetime republican who consumes news from around the globe, daily.

Trump was a disaster . Beyond imaginable. He made mess after mess. Some things can't ever be fixed like pulling out of TPP.
What a gift to China that was. And your posts don't understand this at all.

Back
Top Bottom