• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support the police, or criminal gangs?

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Oh. More good news: the Sheriff denies this exists. The 'thin blue line' takes on a new meaning, when you think of the Crips gang color being blue. It sounds a bit like some of the police culture from a little bit to the south across the border.

The total corruption of this country from top to bottom is just about complete, and the spiral has begun.

The total corruption of this country from top to bottom is just about complete, and the spiral has begun.
I don't really begin to put something like a local police problem near to the severity and problems of things like our political and corporate problems. It's like anti-climate propaganda and lobbying compared to carjackings. And our 'good old days' had FAR more organized crime and their corruption of local police and officials.

Here in the greater Los Angeles area, many law enforcement units are now primarily composed of Hispanic officers, as that demographic is becoming predominant in this area.

So it is understandable that some officers are/were gang members.

Some years back, two high-ranking police executives were sentenced to prison (I do not know whether they actually served any time) because they allegedly turned a blind eye to officers (who were/are) gang members allowing violence to be committed against rival gang members in jail.

I don't really begin to put something like a local police problem near to the severity and problems of things like our political and corporate problems. It's like anti-climate propaganda and lobbying compared to carjackings. And our 'good old days' had FAR more organized crime and their corruption of local police and officials.
I'm talking about this as just another indicator. It's profoundly top to bottom. Have you heard about the billions of dollars stolen in Covid relief funds? Society is soaking in it, not just organized crime. But if you want an organized crime highlight, half the country would put Insurrectionist and crime boss Donald Trump back in the WH in 2024.

Yes, let's all pretend that it is a perfectly reasonable generalization to assert that it's the cops who are the bad guys.

I'm talking about this as just another indicator. It's profoundly top to bottom. Have you heard about the billions of dollars stolen in Covid relief funds? Society is soaking in it, not just organized crime. But if you want an organized crime highlight, half the country would put Insurrectionist and crime boss Donald Trump back in the WH in 2024.
Yet things like this are unrelated to other issues, and I have to say I see a lot of our problems as big problems but how much better things are than places like China where there is no comparison - but we can become worse more like them.

For example, in China, reportedly the police basically exist first to serve the government's corrupt power, and second, their own interests.

I've seen video of police 'gangs' in China, on duty, going through a neighborhood to every store demanding 'red envelopes' - cash money - like the mafia protection racket. If they don't pay, the police persecute them.

Law enforcement there seems to mainly be: made up, so that someone who has done nothing but anger the party can be imprisoned for years, while actual enforcement is mostly about whether the party cares or the police can benefit. People with 'party connections' are all but immune to the law.

None of that is to say we don't have big problems like the billions of stolen Covid funds you mention - but ours are much easier to fix, often caused by things like Republicans refusing to fund law enforcement to prevent them, but even those thefts are being somewhat investigated, publicly identified and there's some recovery and prosecution going on. In China there wouldn't BE any relief funds, etc.

Oh. More good news: the Sheriff denies this exists. The 'thin blue line' takes on a new meaning, when you think of the Crips gang color being blue. It sounds a bit like some of the police culture from a little bit to the south across the border.

I support police who are not criminal gangs.

Yet things like this are unrelated to other issues, and I have to say I see a lot of our problems as big problems but how much better things are than places like China where there is no comparison - but we can become worse more like them.

For example, in China, reportedly the police basically exist first to serve the government's corrupt power, and second, their own interests.

I've seen video of police 'gangs' in China, on duty, going through a neighborhood to every store demanding 'red envelopes' - cash money - like the mafia protection racket. If they don't pay, the police persecute them.

Law enforcement there seems to mainly be: made up, so that someone who has done nothing but anger the party can be imprisoned for years, while actual enforcement is mostly about whether the party cares or the police can benefit. People with 'party connections' are all but immune to the law.

None of that is to say we don't have big problems like the billions of stolen Covid funds you mention - but ours are much easier to fix, often caused by things like Republicans refusing to fund law enforcement to prevent them, but even those thefts are being somewhat investigated, publicly identified and there's some recovery and prosecution going on. In China there wouldn't BE any relief funds, etc.
A second (or continuous) Trump term will make the first look like he was tiptoeing. I can see those things you mentioned about China happening here in short order. The corruption on the right that is slowly being proven goes very deep still, and yet no one is being prosecuted, not even their dear leader despite overwhelming evidence. The Trump phone call to the Georgia Secretary of State attempting to commit election fraud, which we all heard, is enough to put him in jail. That call was made over a year ago yet he still has not been indicted! The country is in for a rough future when even the law is this corrupted.

A second (or continuous) Trump term will make the first look like he was tiptoeing. I can see those things you mentioned about China happening here in short order. The corruption on the right that is slowly being proven goes very deep still, and yet no one is being prosecuted, not even their dear leader despite overwhelming evidence. The Trump phone call to the Georgia Secretary of State attempting to commit election fraud, which we all heard, is enough to put him in jail. That call was made over a year ago yet he still has not been indicted! The country is in for a rough future when even the law is this corrupted.
Quite right. And it goes to power for a few that wants to have society protect them at the expense of the rest, and that power gap flows from a wealth gap. The more the US is a big 'middle class country' where people have common interests and goals in fairness and prosperity, the better we do, and the more we have extreme inequality, the most it leads to the natural result of that, authoritarianism.

That is why 'taxing the rich a hell of a lot more' isn't just 'fair', and 'good economics', it's fundamentally patriotic and essential to protecting freedom in the country, because not doing so will lead to their 'holding increasingly total power'. Guess I should quote Louis Brandeis again from a century ago, 'a society can have great concentration of wealth, or it can have democracy, but it cannot have both'.

In Baltimore, there is little difference between the two.

Gee.... "Do I support police or criminal gangs?" Boy, that's a tough one there; gonna take me a minute to really think that one through.
Good grief. WTH is the matter with people in this culture today who think police are no different than criminal gangs?

This is just cultural marxism at it's most despicable. I support anyone and everyone who actively supports eradicating this evil influence in our society.

Back
Top Bottom