• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood for non-abortion related stuff

Do you support tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood for non-abortion related stuff

• Total voters
Re: Do you support tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood for non-abortion related s

No, if we dont all agree with it, we should not all have to put money into it.

How come we invaded Iraq then?

Re: Do you support tax dollars going to Planned Parenthood for non-abortion related s

No, not because of abortions though but because the organization is evil. I'd donate to non-profit charitable hospitals that may provide abortions too.

It's founded on a racist, has had numerous ethics violations, the recent stuff about selling baby parts is just an advancement of that. It surprises me how delusional the left is to defend this rathole organization simply because it's the ideological organization surrounding the abortion debate.

They're getting paid; it's about campaign contributions.

Giving tax dollars to charity should be unconstitutional. Demanding money via taxation and then simply giving it away makes no sense at all.

How is that different than welfare? Farm subsidies? What are public schools but a giant federal charity?

The real question is why are we financing them? Science no longer needs these embryonic stem cells.

How is that different than welfare? Farm subsidies? What are public schools but a giant federal charity?

Public schools are a government provided service operated by the government that uses public property. Planned parenthood on the other hand, is a private organizations that is operated by private individual using their own property. Yeah, they're really not the same thing.

How come we invaded Iraq then?

You should try reading the rest of the post before you start asking questions you should already know.

No, I think for bills such as abortion, that the people who really want it passed should be the ones taxed for it. That way no can complain they are putting money towards something they dont believe in, only the people who do believe are going to get billed for it. I believe the same for any social issue the republicans want to support that the democrats do not agree to pay for.

For things like school, military, justice system, and those type of things I dont think it should be voted on. Social issues are a totally different matter though. If they want abortions for everyone, why not let them pay for it? The rest of the city should not have to be taxed for abortions when they dont agree, and there is several ways to actually prevent getting pregnant. I also do not believe that hospitals should be forced to preform surgery if they dont believe its medically necessary. Unless they are a hospital SPECIFICALLY FOR non needed medical procedures.

Like places that specialize in liposuction for example. I dont think you should be able to go to a general care hospital and demand an abortion either. They have far more serious matters to be dealing with vs having to listen to some woman bitch about the fact she wants you to abort the baby. Hospitals should be for sick and injured people. If you want unneeded medical surgery done, go to a location that specializes in those type of treatments. They have people who specialize in plastic surgery, Vaginas, butts, hearts, and all sorts of things. I dont think its hard to just find one who does abortions, when we already have special clinics and company's dealing with it like planned parent hood.

Try Paragraph two

What I have come to understand about Planned Parenthood is that it provides abortions, contraceptives and is a referral service to actual womens health issues, providing very few themselves. Primarily it's a political organization which throws it's support behind pro abortion politicians, primarily democrat. As such, medical facilities which provide real medical treatment for women, like mammograms, would be a better target for federal funds.

No, I think for bills such as abortion, that the people who really want it passed should be the ones taxed for it. That way no can complain they are putting money towards something they dont believe in, only the people who do believe are going to get billed for it. I believe the same for any social issue the republicans want to support that the democrats do not agree to pay for.

For things like school, military, justice system, and those type of things I dont think it should be voted on. Social issues are a totally different matter though. If they want abortions for everyone, why not let them pay for it? The rest of the city should not have to be taxed for abortions when they dont agree, and there is several ways to actually prevent getting pregnant. I also do not believe that hospitals should be forced to preform surgery if they dont believe its medically necessary. Unless they are a hospital SPECIFICALLY FOR non needed medical procedures.

Like places that specialize in liposuction for example. I dont think you should be able to go to a general care hospital and demand an abortion either. They have far more serious matters to be dealing with vs having to listen to some woman bitch about the fact she wants you to abort the baby. Hospitals should be for sick and injured people. If you want unneeded medical surgery done, go to a location that specializes in those type of treatments. They have people who specialize in plastic surgery, Vaginas, butts, hearts, and all sorts of things. I dont think its hard to just find one who does abortions, when we already have special clinics and company's dealing with it like planned parent hood.

I bolded the important part. 'Those types of things'. How do you define 'those types of thing'? What makes abortion a social issue and not schools? What if my definition of what 'those types of things' are differs from yours?

Being able to pick and choose specifically where our taxes go would basically be the same as no taxes at all, a free market system. I'm sure many libertarians here would agree with you on that but I just want to check, is that what you're advocating?

*snicker* you should probably check out the current threads on child support before dismissing family planning and reproductive care.

I have a family plan already. Never dismissed family planning. What a silly thing to suggest. "Planned" Parenthood was not needed. If the girl I am seeing is not on board with that then the romantic relationship will not last too much longer.

Last edited:

Planned Parenthood's funding is not a line item in a budget.

1) How is that different than welfare? 2) Farm subsidies? 3) What are public schools but a giant federal charity?

1) Not much in most (program specific) cases. True "welfare" or TANF is supposed to be limited to 60 months and to exclude felons and illegal aliens. Nobody, under "welfare" gets to draw a paycheck higher than a congress critter.

2) SNAP is more akin to charity than playing around with food prices/availability via farm subsidies and a much larger portion (80%?) of the USDA budget. I oppose both but "regulating" commerce (farm subsidies) is at least based on a legitimate constitutional federal power.

3) Public schools are not a federal matter (constitutional power) and, as such, I oppose the federal funding of them with the possible exception of the service academies and GI bill funding.

Simply because something is deemed important, popular or a good idea does not make it suddenly become a federal power/responsibility. If something is deemed to be a "right", then it should be given to all (e.g. police protection) - if something can be given to those that make "too little" then why not also give that something to those that make "too much" besides just the obligation to pay for the former?

*snicker* you should probably check out the current threads on child support before dismissing family planning and reproductive care.

You should probably note that millions of that "charity" money comes right back to the politicians that "generously" gave it away.

Planned Parenthood | Influence Explorer: Campaign Finance, Lobbying, Regulations and Advisory Committees

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000591

Planned Parenthood Pours Cash to Clinton - Washington Free Beacon

Is it any wonder that this (funding PP) is correctly seen as being a partisan matter?

Planned Parenthood's funding is not a line item in a budget.

Whoops, hold that, you said something I didn't understand. What is funding that isn't a "line item?"

I have a family plan already. Never dismissed family planning. What a silly thing to suggest. "Planned" Parenthood was not needed. If the girl I am seeing is not on board with that then the romantic relationship will not last too much longer.

:) M'k

You should try reading the rest of the post before you start asking questions you should already know.

LOLOLOL This was the entire post I quoted:

No, if we dont all agree with it, we should not all have to put money into it.

Public schools are a government provided service operated by the government that uses public property. Planned parenthood on the other hand, is a private organizations that is operated by private individual using their own property. Yeah, they're really not the same thing.

Stilll amounts to charity...free services paid for taxpayers. Same with welfare.

There's a distinction, but it amounts to the same thing, except that people have a choice in donating to charities. :)

You should probably note that millions of that "charity" money comes right back to the politicians that "generously" gave it away.

Planned Parenthood | Influence Explorer: Campaign Finance, Lobbying, Regulations and Advisory Committees

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000000591

Planned Parenthood Pours Cash to Clinton - Washington Free Beacon

Is it any wonder that this (funding PP) is correctly seen as being a partisan matter?

I believe in the services PP provides so I only see this as a good thing.

And no different than how much else works in DC.

LOLOLOL This was the entire post I quoted:

No, you are purposely misrepresenting to help your argument. So I will post it AGAIN

THAT is the entire post. You only posted one line. You are cherry picking.

Whoops, hold that, you said something I didn't understand. What is funding that isn't a "line item?"

An overwhelming majority of their funding is through reimbursement via medicaid, which isn't controlled through Congress. They receive some portion of their funding through federal grants and state dollars, however.

No, you are purposely misrepresenting to help your argument. So I will post it AGAIN

THAT is the entire post. You only posted one line. You are cherry picking.

Yuh...all your opinion. Big deal. The crime of sending our men and women to Iraq and seeing them maimed and killed for no reason far outweighs anything in the abortion issue **in my opinion**...why is your opinion more important?

(And no, I posted the ENTIRE post of yours that I quoted, so dont lie. I'm not a mindreader)

An overwhelming majority of their funding is through reimbursement via medicaid, which isn't controlled through Congress. They receive some portion of their funding through federal grants and state dollars, however.

I guess people are confused by funding Planned Parenthood vs what the question of the OP is. Do you you support tax dollars going to planned parenthood. Tax dollars has a huge range of things even federal grants and state dollars are taxes. I still stand by my original statement. If there were a public vote to defund planned parenthood and to make that an independent operation. I would definitely support it. However, due to its close relationship with celebrities and democrats it might never pass or get to that point. If it did however, get to that point. PP could just leech off those people. In the days of Kickstarter campaigns. There is no reason to believe that PP would be in any danger (except temporarily) if it operated separate from the government. In fact, it may help them in the long run. So why do liberals act like it would disappear off the face of the Earth if that happened?

I guess people are confused by funding Planned Parenthood vs what the question of the OP is. Do you you support tax dollars going to planned parenthood. Tax dollars has a huge range of things even federal grants and state dollars are taxes. I still stand by my original statement. If there were a public vote to defund planned parenthood and to make that an independent operation. I would definitely support it. However, due to its close relationship with celebrities and democrats it might never pass or get to that point. If it did however, get to that point. PP could just leech off those people. In the days of Kickstarter campaigns. There is no reason to believe that PP would be in any danger (except temporarily) if it operated separate from the government. In fact, it may help them in the long run. So why do liberals act like it would disappear off the face of the Earth if that happened?

Well, whenever you attack or sashay on attacking the remaining 30 some percent of your funding, it does significant damage to the organization. Moreover, given the regulations that already exist which restrict uses of those grants (i.e. on abortions), they would argue that it is unfairly punitive and doing harm to the non-abortion service provider industry. We must recall that the overwhelming majority of Planned Parenthood's work is in other matters of women's health and people do use it frequently. Kickstarter moreover, while selectively useful, is not a way to keep an organization afloat.

Stilll amounts to charity...free services paid for taxpayers. Same with welfare.

There's a distinction, but it amounts to the same thing, except that people have a choice in donating to charities. :)

Charity is private and comes about from voluntary means. Charity is not the government forcing people to help other people. To even suggest there is no meaningful distinction between the two things is laughably absurd.

Charity is private and comes about from voluntary means. Charity is not the government forcing people to help other people. To even suggest there is no meaningful distinction between the two things is laughably absurd.

And yet the govt does that very thing. WHich is something you point out all the time.

Well, whenever you attack or sashay on attacking the remaining 30 some percent of your funding, it does significant damage to the organization. Moreover, given the regulations that already exist which restrict uses of those grants (i.e. on abortions), they would argue that it is unfairly punitive and doing harm to the non-abortion service provider industry. We must recall that the overwhelming majority of Planned Parenthood's work is in other matters of women's health and people do use it frequently. Kickstarter moreover, while selectively useful, is not a way to keep an organization afloat.

Yes but I was just using it as an example. As an alternative way to get money. There are alternative ways to fund PP and there are other ways for people to get the care they need.

Back
Top Bottom