• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support marriage for gay and transgender people?

Do you support gay and transgender marriage?

• Gay marriage ok, transgender not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No procreation occurs between two people of the same sex.
Procreation doesn't occur between many opposite sex couples who are still raising children together. Are their children not worthy of having married parents?

Thats your opinion. I and others believe that improving the wellbeing of children and the mothers who bring them into this world IS a legitimate governmental interest. And you didnt answer the question you chose to quote and respond to.

What governmental interest is served by excluding from marriage, the single mother and grandmother who have maintained a household for 15 years together to provide and care for their children/grandchildren together?
it appears that you are supporting incestuous relationships here. is that the case? or are you just describing a cross-generational lesbian relationship?

The "the single mother and grandmother who have maintained a household for 15 years together to provide and care for their children/grandchildren together"
Fight for them to get the same or similar benefits.

Again you disgrace the single father and grandmother doing the same because you only want to make a claim against same sex couples. It is a truly pathetic ploy.

it appears that you are supporting incestuous relationships here. is that the case? or are you just describing a cross-generational lesbian relationship?

No incest involved. 49 states prohibit incest in the criminal law and no one has suggested that should change. Marriage, tax breaks and governmental entitlements.

The "the single mother and grandmother who have maintained a household for 15 years together to provide and care for their children/grandchildren together"

How does it prohibit them?
😁 🍿

Fight for them to get the same or similar benefits.

Again you disgrace the single father and grandmother doing the same because you only want to make a claim against same sex couples. It is a truly pathetic ploy.

I dont know any single fathers and grandmothers doing the same. AND the single mother and grandmother down the street are a "same sex couple" and I want them to have the benefits denied to them and have no claim against them.

No incest involved. 49 states prohibit incest in the criminal law and no one has suggested that should change. Marriage, tax breaks and governmental entitlements.
i was just unsure by reading the description you gave.

having cleared that up, do you believe that incest will be eventually "normalized" in the same way and by the same means as same sex marriage?
given this age of abortion on demand, the only reason to oppose it aside from the "icky factor" and any religious objections is the idea of birth defects.
as we both know "the icky factor" and religious objections couldn't stand in the way of same sex marriage.

I oppose it. but I think it will end up being normalized. its just a matter of time.

Laws in 50 states that prohibit them from marrying.
LMAO
you keep making that claim but no saying HOW

what laws, how do they exclude them?

I dont know any single fathers and grandmothers doing the same. AND the single mother and grandmother down the street are a "same sex couple" and I want them to have the benefits denied to them and have no claim against them.
The same as my mother and her brother, who have been living together since my parents' divorce and my mother got custody of my 4 youngest siblings to raise. They raised them together.

There are no legitimate benefits being denied to them. Most of the benefits are not for raising kids together, but rather for being willing to take on certain responsibilities as legal family, spouses. It has nothing to do with raising children. They still get tax benefits for those children. Can still claim head of household. Can still claim grandma as a dependent if she doesn't work to make her own money, otherwise she can file her own taxes.

In this regards, you haven't shown any sort of legitimate benefits that they are being denied that they need and that relate to them being a couple, not just living together. The two people you describe are not a "couple". They are a mother and a daughter. They already have a legally and socially recognized relationship.

having cleared that up, do you believe that incest will be eventually "normalized" in the same way and by the same means as same sex marriage?
given this age of abortion on demand, the only reason to oppose it aside from the "icky factor" and any religious objections is the idea of birth defects.
as we both know "the icky factor" and religious objections couldn't stand in the way of same sex marriage.

I oppose it. but I think it will end up being normalized. its just a matter of time.
It is actually opposed due mainly to the high potential for grooming. If you are raising a child, they should not be attracted to you nor you to them.

We could always make exceptions in the laws for people who met as adults or at least close to it, but we don't need to make exceptions for "they are living together, raising children together, but not in an intimate relationship" as that shows that they are only looking for benefits. They are free to plead their case for those same benefits or similar ones to voters.

What is wrong with incest? Back when there were 30 of us living in a cave how do you think we got so ugly?

Single widowed mother with 3 kids and her mother, the childrens grandmother have lived together for 15 years, 3 doors down from me raising their children/grandchildren together. They have joint tennancy of their house. Have mutual wills leaving everything to the other if they were to die. Grandmothers adopted the children. And yet they are denied every benefit of marriage in all 50 states that 2 gay 18 yr old boys, young dumb and full of cum could have handed to them. Sooooo what is the purpose of this new LGBTQ marriage and how is this purpose served by excluding the single mother and grandmother from marriage?
So looking at this, it is obvious that this is bullshit because the grandmother cannot adopt the children without the mother giving up custody. That is not how adoption works.

So your story about how you know this mother and grandmother is either complete BS or has some claims here that you are lying or misinformed about.

Also, why would the mother (of the "young" children, who would be at least teenagers or older by now, from your description) leave "everything" to her own mother should she die rather than some to her children, especially since most likely her mother is in relatively poorer health? Does she have triplets? Because if not, then some of those children are likely adults by now or close to it.

They also are not denied "every benefit of marriage", because many of the benefits of marriage overlap with benefits of being considered legal family that already are in place. Including some benefits concerning taxes upon death.

But again I will ask, what specific benefits of marriage are these parent and offspring living together being denied that they don't actually already have?

Last edited:
Gay rights and transgender rights are not my issue. I do not want transgender "girls" to take showers in gym classes with real girls. I do not transgender "women" to compete athletically with real women.

Nevertheless, I think that the real problem is not that some homosexuals want to get married. It is that many heterosexuals do not want to get married and to stay married with the people with whom they have children. Children raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to have many fewer problems in life than other children.

Gay rights and transgender rights are not my issue. I do not want transgender "girls" to take showers in gym classes with real girls. I do not transgender "women" to compete athletically with real women.

Nevertheless, I think that the real problem is not that some homosexuals want to get married. It is that many heterosexuals do not want to get married and to stay married with the people with whom they have children. Children raised to adulthood by both biological parents living together in matrimony tend to have many fewer problems in life than other children.
This is only true if the parents actually can stand to live together, do not have problems living together, are not constantly fighting or there isn't abuse. There are many situations where the parents separating is better for the children than them staying together. It is pretty easy to think, "well those people shouldn't have had children together then", but that is hindsight and something that can't be changed.

Gay rights and transgender rights are not my issue. I do not want transgender "girls" to take showers in gym classes with real girls.
So in regards to this, why not just not have group showers in gym class? Why not offer all girls and boys, everyone individual showers and spaces to change in so that no one has to see other people naked?

What part of "No incest involved" didnt you understand?

In this regards, you haven't shown any sort of legitimate benefits that they are being denied that they need and that relate to them being a couple, not just living together.

The Windsor court case was about getting $300,000 back in Estate taxes paid when her lesbian spouse died. The mother and grandmother dont get an estate tax exemption if grandmother were to die, among other benefits. .

So looking at this, it is obvious that this is bullshit because the grandmother cannot adopt the children without the mother giving up custody. That is not how adoption works.

You cant even comprehend your own source.
"In order for anyone to adopt a child, including the child’s grandparents, Pennsylvania laws state that the child’s natural mother and the child’s natural father must give consent, if they are able to and have parental rights."

The mother consented to the adoption, she did not have to give up custody, and the father is dead.

So your story about how you know this mother and grandmother is either complete BS or has some claims here that you are lying or misinformed about.

Nah, youre just not to bright and cannot comprehend what you have read.

The Windsor court case was about getting $300,000 back in Estate taxes paid when her lesbian spouse died. The mother and grandmother dont get an estate tax exemption if grandmother were to die, among other benefits. .
Actually, that depends on the state. Your state may not have any estate taxes or could easily exempt that mother and grandmother (all states have about a $1M minimum cutoff for any estate taxes and I don't feel bad for your "mother and grandmother" scenario if they own over a $1M in assets together, 47 states it is over $2M in assets if they have any estate tax, federally it is over $5M) and inheritance taxes do exempt mothers and fathers and children and siblings from such in many states, as well as taxes. So your argument there fails.

You cant even comprehend your own source.
"In order for anyone to adopt a child, including the child’s grandparents, Pennsylvania laws state that the child’s natural mother and the child’s natural father must give consent, if they are able to and have parental rights."

The mother consented to the adoption, she did not have to give up custody, and the father is dead.

Nah, youre just not to bright and cannot comprehend what you have read.
Again, most courts do not allow adoption by a grandmother when the mother is alive, has not lost any sort of custody or parenting rights because there is no need to do that. That is what that second source said. Also, are you claiming you live in Pennsylvania?

You are the one who are likely not really telling us the true information about this, if it isn't just madeup BS to begin with.

Adoption does not work the way you claim it has here. That is what all the sources I've seen state. Married people can adopt each other's children. Which is interesting, because if you wouldn't have made up the bullshit about the grandmother adopting the grandchildren, you could have used that as another "point" about things they can't do because of lack of marriage.

The thing about this is that at any time in the future, either or both of those women may choose to be in an actual intimate relationship with someone else, someone they would prefer be known as their spouse. So such a marriage would always be potentially open to end in divorce simply because it was for reasons marriage was not meant for to begin with.

If the mother and grandparent decide they can no longer live together, there is no reason that the court would award custody of the children to the grandmother unless the mother is unable to care for them at a certain minimum level. So this situation is not needed. So why would adoption be needed at that level? There are plenty of other things that can be setup to allow the grandmother all the things she would need to help care for the children.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom