• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support Covid vaccine passports?

Do you support Covid vaccine passports?

• Total voters
That's what I thought. The FDA approved the EUA. Not final approval, but the FDA has approved their use. EUA are not rubber stamps.

Really? Our school district denies entrance every year to kids that are not vaccinated. Covid was the third leading cause of death in America last year. Proof of vaccination is also a strong incentive to the knuckle-draggers (mostly, there are rare reasons not to be vaccinated) that aren't getting vaccinated. Wait until bars start denying admittance.
I didn't say kids are denied... I said that there are exemptions.

Why not flu vaccine passports or measles?
Are you seriously asking that question? Are you really equating the three? If so you can't fix stupid.

I see all you can do is called names that said indication that I made a really good argument
I see all you can do is called names that said indication that I made a really good argument.

Thanks for the compliment.
You are welcome....and thanks for proving my point.

It's also guaranteed the GOP will win at some point as well. Given that I have no idea how the political stage may look tomorrow, I generally don't do forecasts. The damnedest things happen - people die, do dumb things, someone starts a war - and the political calculus changes.
If Trumpublicans ever win again it will be all over for our democracy, they have made that quite clear. The stage has changed dramatically and for the worse.

Absolutely! I want people coming to my country vaccinated as is true in reciprocity. Heck we already do this in some respects for very dangerous diseases. Covid is one of those.

If you don't want to get the vaccine then stay home. Otherwise put your big boy pants on, stop whining, and get the damn vaccine so we can all be over this.

I didn't say kids are denied... I said that there are exemptions.
You didn't say kids are denied, but you did say that 'vaccine passports' are "useless and invasive". I disagree.

You've managed to repeat back exactly what I said in my original post. Good job.
Really, because this is what you said, "For one thing the vaccines are not approved by the FDA yet..."
Since the FDA approves EUA's, your statement would be incorrect.

You didn't say kids are denied, but you did say that 'vaccine passports' are "useless and invasive". I disagree.
Agreed...

Agreed...
We are both lucky to have few active infections
We have seen the virus mutate with deadly impact
C19 will continue to mutate and going by past history, it is much more infectious.
Most of the world will not be vaccinated by end year ( those willing to be).

C19 passports/certificates are just another way C19 has rocked the world

Bus will necessitate a safe environment for patrons/customers/employees

Virginia now covers C19 health issues from C19 infection - those that refuse vaccination are not covered for C19 related health issues

We are both lucky to have few active infections
We have seen the virus mutate with deadly impact
C19 will continue to mutate and going by past history, it is much more infectious.
Most of the world will not be vaccinated by end year ( those willing to be).

C19 passports/certificates are just another way C19 has rocked the world

Bus will necessitate a safe environment for patrons/customers/employees

Virginia now covers C19 health issues from C19 infection - those that refuse vaccination are not covered for C19 related health issues
Yep. Nanny State is the future... but unless people have in their passport all other vaccinations, where they have travelled around the world, if they currently have the flu or have ever had anything contagious, mono, hep A ,etc. then the idea of this Covid Passport is hypocritical and illogical bullshit that is invasive to people's privacy.

Yep. Nanny State is the future... but unless people have in their passport all other vaccinations, where they have travelled around the world, if they currently have the flu or have ever had anything contagious, mono, hep A ,etc. then the idea of this Covid Passport is hypocritical and illogical bullshit that is invasive to people's privacy.
It can be invasive, but that is required by the world economy

Me I am not bothered by this.

Big Bus/Govt are always sucking up private data thru Apps/Govt surveillance-

Me I am not bothered by this.
I am not bothered... I am just aggravated.
It can be invasive, but that is required by the world economy
I disagree. The world economy has survived far worse than this before.
The problem now is that, with our global view, we think that everything should and can stay the same.

Really, because this is what you said, "For one thing the vaccines are not approved by the FDA yet..."
Since the FDA approves EUA's, your statement would be incorrect.

Except you're taking that out of context by leaving out the part where I clarified that I wasn't talking about the EUA.

If Trumpublicans ever win again it will be all over for our democracy, they have made that quite clear. The stage has changed dramatically and for the worse.

Yes, it has gotten worse. We have a veritable cadaver in the WH, surrounded by cretins trying vainly to resucitate him daily.

Absolutely not. My right to medical privacy should not be violated, (ironically, upheld by the SCOTUS per Roe v Wade).

Not to mention it's racist, by current liberal standards.

So you have not heard of the multiple "variants" of the Covid 19 virus that have already appeared?

There is no scientific evidence that the current vaccines are not effective against any of the variant of the virus. Just foot stomping by people who want the lockups to continue.

There is no scientific evidence that the current vaccines are not effective against any of the variant of the virus. Just foot stomping by people who want the lockups to continue.
The "lockups" as you call it are measures to reduce the spread of the virus which remains rampant in our society. We are still losing 1000 people a day to Covid. Until enough of us are vaccinated to reduce those numbers those measures must continue. Masks and social distancing are still the best means to save lives. But yes as of today our vaccines provide good protection from all the current variants of Covid 19. We can't guarantee that that will always be true though as new mutations are occurring with every infection and scientists are already working on a booster vaccine that would provide protection from new mutations.

Are Moderna and Pfizer working on COVID-19 booster vaccines that protect against newer strains?
We know that viruses mutate. Moderna and Pfizer have been preparing for possible COVID-19 mutations before any new strains were even identified. Even though we know the current vaccines offer protection against the new strains, both companies will continue to monitor effectiveness.

There is currently no indication that the vaccines need to change. However, the companies are testing new booster shots to improve protection against the new strains and potential future mutations.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/what-to-know-about-covid-19-booster-vaccine/

Absolutely not. My right to medical privacy should not be violated, (ironically, upheld by the SCOTUS per Roe v Wade).

Not to mention it's racist, by current liberal standards.
Oooo

what a hawt take!...🙄

Back
Top Bottom