• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you support Cindy Sheehan's antics in protesting the war in Iraq?

Do you support Cindy Sheehan's antics in protesting the war in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
yes, yes I do. I don't agree with everything she says or stands for, but I think that, becuase her son was a victim of the war, her opinion should carry some weight with the public.

Do I support her 'antics'? Well, barring her little State of the Union escapade, yes, I do support the concept of protesting a war. I thought that was partially what democracy was founded on? The ability to protest things?

Now, whether I support her STANCE is another story.

I support her antics because she reminds everyone about what a wasteful war this is.

Mikkel said:
yes, yes I do. I don't agree with everything she says or stands for, but I think that, becuase her son was a victim of the war, her opinion should carry some weight with the public.

Why does that make her any smarter on foriegn policy and national security issues?

Navy Pride said:
Your thoughts please......

I support her right to have her own opinion.
I support her right to express her opinion if she does it is a civil non-disruptive manner. She does NOT have the right to disrupt someone else's freedom of speech.
I do not support her opinion.
I retain the right to critized her opinion as MY freedom of speech.

You guys have not suffered the same personal loss as she has. That gives her a right to speak out and be heard.

aps said:
I support her antics because she reminds everyone about what a wasteful war this is.

There are ways to protest the war without saying and doing the outrageous things she does...........

steen said:
You guys have not suffered the same personal loss as she has. That gives her a right to speak out and be heard.

That old story has worn out long ago.........What does opposing Judge Alito's confirmation have to do with the death of her son?

steen said:

Her son was a grown man, she has no right to anything, she did nothing but give birth to the man, that's it! He chose to go to war, he knew the consequences, and as an adult, he entered in to an agreement with the U.S military. If every mother who lost a son had as much air time, we would hear nothing but. As it stands, she already had more attention then most, she met with the president, was given his time, and was consoled by the most powerful man on the planet. Her 15 minutes are up, if she wants to protest fine, but she is using her son as catalyst for her new career, what a disgusting display of selfishness, he must be rolling in his grave!:roll:

Deegan said:
Her son was a grown man, she has no right to anything, she did nothing but give birth to the man, that's it! He chose to go to war, he knew the consequences, and as an adult, he entered in to an agreement with the U.S military. If every mother who lost a son had as much air time, we would hear nothing but. As it stands, she already had more attention then most, she met with the president, was given his time, and was consoled by the most powerful man on the planet. Her 15 minutes are up, if she wants to protest fine, but she is using her son as catalyst for her new career, what a disgusting display of selfishness, he must be rolling in his grave!:roll:

At this point in this travesty it has very little to do with her sons death.......Its all about her blind political ambition, and judging by this poll so far it looks like some of our liberal friends would love to see her replace Feinstein in the Senate............I would love that to..............

steen said:

What would you know of my "personal losses"?

EVERYBODY has the right to speak out. They do NOT have the right to be heard. You can spout off day in and day out, but I am under no obligation to listen to you.

You do NOT have the right to make an ass out of youself during an official government function, when you're only doing it to disrupt the function. You can protest off-site all you want, but they have every right to revoke your invatation and throw you out. They can also put condiditons on your stay, just like they did with her.

Navy Pride said:
At this point in this travesty it has very little to do with her sons death.......Its all about her blind political ambition, and judging by this poll so far it looks like some of our liberal friends would love to see her replace Feinstein in the Senate............I would love that to..............

I SO hope she does run.

Either way, one of the two of the most annoying women in politics will be gone.

That, folks, is a win/win situation for us all.

DocAR said:
I SO hope she does run.

Either way, one of the two of the most annoying women in politics will be gone.

That, folks, is a win/win situation for us all.

Here, Here!!!!!!!!:cheers:

she is a twit and arrogant to believe her antics were more important than this event. I wouldn't have lost any sleep if the cops had beat the living crap out of her. They booted guys who had anti clinton shirts previously so why are the moonbats howling about this moron getting the boot

the congressmoron who gave her a ticket ought to be censured for supreme stupidity too

Stinger said:
Why does that make her any smarter on foriegn policy and national security issues?

It doesn't. But there are people on both sides of the aisle who aren't qualified to deal with foreign policy, and yet they do.

She has a political agenda; so what? Everyone in politics does? Yet she seems to be the target of the right wing smear cannons. I have no problem with people attacking al franken or michael moore, or people on the left attacking bill o'reilly or ann coulter. It just seems heartless of the right wing to so horribly attack this woman when she's clearly expressing herself as a way to deal with the loss of her son.

"Her son was a grown man, she has no right to anything, she did nothing but give birth to the man, that's it!"

Maybe so, but she's still experiencing loss, and, as I said, is dealing with it in the way she can. Calling her a twit or arrogant doesn't solve anything.

How does attacking her help the right wing agenda? All it does is make conservatives look bad by attacking a grieving mother, when her political influence is essentially nil anyway.

It's only the right wing that gives her all this attention anyway. If they hadn't made such a big deal over it, she would have gone away last year.

Mikkel said:
It's only the right wing that gives her all this attention anyway. If they hadn't made such a big deal over it, she would have gone away last year.
Interesting. I didn't know the 'right wing' put her on television night after night.

KCConservative said:
Interesting. I didn't know the 'right wing' put her on television night after night.

They didn't, but the right wing turned her 15 minutes of fame into several months of fame. If they had let it go, she would have fallen into obscurity again.

Navy Pride said:
Your thoughts please......
I think she is milking the whole thing for fame.Parents appreciating the sacrifice their children made for this country is nothing spectacular to the left or appreciated by them,But a parent(notice that I did not say parents) who spits on the sacrafice her child made for this country is what the left(not even on the left but most of them) loves.

That politician who invited her ass to the president's state of the Union address
should be heavily fined.You do not bring stinkbombs to these events.

Yes, I'll support anyone's protest antics in favor of keeping the right to protest!;)

Saboteur said:
Yes, I'll support anyone's protest antics in favor of keeping the right to protest!;)

Just curious, would you support speech that advocated overthrow of our government by violent means?

Navy Pride said:
Just curious, would you support speech that advocated overthrow of our government by violent means?

Hey if they got a permit...

Navy Pride said:
Of course. Wouldn't you? Anybody have the right to make any claim or appeal. Now, if they act on it or cause others to act on it, then they get in trouble, of course. But speech itself is free.

Now, fascist, big-government-control-of-our-private-lives types may oppose this, but that is not surprising.

steen said:
Of course. Wouldn't you? Anybody have the right to make any claim or appeal. Now, if they act on it or cause others to act on it, then they get in trouble, of course. But speech itself is free.

Now, fascist, big-government-control-of-our-private-lives types may oppose this, but that is not surprising.

Well why don't you and your buddy Saboteur go out and protest advocating overthrow of the American government?

Talk is cheap...........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Well why don't you and your buddy Saboteur go out and protest advocating overthrow of the American government?

Talk is cheap...........:roll:
Perhaps you have some problems with comprehension or literacy? Advocating a person's right to free speech doesn't mean agreement with that speech.

For some reason, this is a difficult concept for you, isn't it? Does the concept of free speech baffle you that much?

Back
Top Bottom