• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you support american truckers blocking off roads and if yes, why?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Please explain who this action would help?

I seem to recall some folks saying running over folks blocking roads is ok. Does that sentiment still hold true for the truckers blocking roadways?

Of course! The whole team.
The right to freedom of speech, the right to freedom of assembly, the right... totally with you guys, girls, well, who else is there?

I think they should get a permit and do it the right way. If they protest and campaign for change legally and they still see no changes then the next step would be more drastic measures like blocking off roads. Unfortunately for those truckers the same legislators they are trying to target have already established precedent in some places that justifies running them over.

I seem to recall some folks saying running over folks blocking roads is ok. Does that sentiment still hold true for the truckers blocking roadways?
It would help the right wing rage machine since it would cause difficulties. Nobody else.

This is why they are for it.

I don't care, its not going to amount to anything significant. From a practical perspective, we have bigger issues to worry about. In principal though, one should never block roads unless there is a permit.

(I am aware that this post may not age well, but that's how I see it at the moment).

Last edited:
It's about Devolution and Tipping Points over huge differences .

Logic has got absolutely nothing to do with it necessarily .

Probably a poor analogy but it's similar to discussing God :-
Introspection , meditation , allowing Universe to help etc . Nothing to do with conventional approaches but just as valid . Just a different perspective and possibly dimension .

Consider Jesus and the money lenders tables , for example .

I did not think that protesters had the right to block roads and bridges. I will feel the same way if truckers do that now.

The trucker blockade supporters obviously support taking a knee. Right!

More respect for these truckers is possible, if they got out of their warm trucks and peacefully marched on State houses and DC

Curious, while blockading, are these truckers hauling someones product? Are they on the clock? Do they have time sensitive parishables on board?

Again, these truckers need to do the sincere hard work of peaceful demonstrating. On their own time, on foot.

This is more of that lazy protesting from donald trumpians, like frolicing around in a boat and claim that's protesting. Or driving around in a golf cart.

Last edited:
I seem to recall some folks saying running over folks blocking roads is ok.
You must be referring to this incident:

She gets crowds of cheering supporters every time she goes to court for attempted murder.

Last edited:
NO, if (if!) it is true that some truckers want to block the roads, that is a very, very, very bad idea.

Who are these supposed trucker protesters?

Republicans?

Or Democrats pretending to be Republicans?

Why do these truckers want to protest?

The mandates are currently being slowly removed.

We are being prepared (even by some Democratic politicians) to live with COVID.

And because of the upcoming November elections, probably more Dem bigwigs will hop on the relax-the-mandate bandwagon.

It's about Devolution and Tipping Points over huge differences .

Logic has got absolutely nothing to do with it necessarily .

Probably a poor analogy but it's similar to discussing God :-
Introspection , meditation , allowing Universe to help etc . Nothing to do with conventional approaches but just as valid . Just a different perspective and possibly dimension .

Consider Jesus and the money lenders tables , for example .
Jesus was a trucker?

After the events of 2020, progressives are in no position to grumble about somebody else blocking roads.

What progressives need to answer is whether they support blocking of roads in a cause in which they do not otherwise support.

After the events of 2020, progressives are in no position to grumble about somebody else blocking roads.

What progressives need to answer is whether they support blocking of roads in a cause in which they do not otherwise support.
I did not support blocking roads during the summer of 2020, but at least I understood the frustration of that community (but also not agree with all policy proposals to address those frustrations either). These truckers are crying over a vaccine, its silly.

NO, if (if!) it is true that some truckers want to block the roads, that is a very, very, very bad idea.

Who are these supposed trucker protesters?

Republicans?

Or Democrats pretending to be Republicans?

Why do these truckers want to protest?

The mandates are currently being slowly removed.

We are being prepared (even by some Democratic politicians) to live with COVID.

And because of the upcoming November elections, probably more Dem bigwigs will hop on the relax-the-mandate bandwagon.
From your response I can make a case this 'freedom convoy' has nothing to do with any issue other than we don't like being told what to do even if it's for our own good so we are going to act out like the angry deplorables we are, period. More fallout from electing trump, don't believe anything unless it comes from me.

What is the cause? Mask wearing during a pandemic? Vaccines? These are health issues not blocking roadway issues and stopping commerce. I thought the gop was pro business? I guess being and angry mob has overtaken their senses?

I opposed these sorts of things forever. I remember opposing the idea of blocking off Wall Street (a Liberal thing). I oppose the idea of truckers doing this now.

I wonder if the people who support this plan to complain publicly about their stores not being stocked.

I expect a lot of Antifa/BLM supporters will also support the truckers...especially if the truckers beat up people for attempting to pass through their blockade.

Of course I support their right to civil disobedience. But getting arrested is essential to civil disobedience. Otherwise its just a mob action with no moral authority. If they don't facilitate their own arrests, they're not doing it right.

BTW - what, exactly, are they protesting?

I opposed these sorts of things forever. I remember opposing the idea of blocking off Wall Street (a Liberal thing). I oppose the idea of truckers doing this now.

I wonder if the people who support this plan to complain publicly about their stores not being stocked.
I said the same thing during the canadian stoppage, the people supporting this nonsense will be the first to complain about shortages. They help create the situation and then complain about it, stunning.

Huh???

Ok so you are talking certain Progressives? Right.

I know no Democrat neighbor, friends, family that supported any violence 2020, if that's what you are insinuating.

So lots of room to talk here about the lazy antics of some truckers.

Marching on State houses takes actual effort. Sitting in ones warm truck, radio on, cup of coffee not so much

I said the same thing during the canadian stoppage, the people supporting this nonsense will be the first to complain about shortages. They help create the situation and then complain about it, stunning.
That's what they did with COVID. They only care about consequences to their stupidity in terms of how they can use it to cast blame.

From your response I can make a case this 'freedom convoy' has nothing to do with any issue other than we don't like being told what to do even if it's for our own good so we are going to act out like the angry deplorables we are, period. More fallout from electing trump, don't believe anything unless it comes from me.
Fully agree. Truckers have many requirements for licensing, for many years

I remember when thousands of BLM blocked the interstate here in Atlanta while they burned the contents of trucks and looted nearby stores. I think it lasted all of a couple hours before it was cleared.

No disabled people were trampled by horses. Nobody had their bank accounts frozen. Police didn't vow to spend months tracking down protestors. They didn't go knocking on doors to intimidate people in their homes.

Trump didn't even need to activate a "petty little dictator" law to get it done - in fact, he wasn't involved whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom