• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you suffer from toxic masculinity?

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Time to come out of the closet on toxic masculinity.

I showered this morning. Most of my "toxic" went down the drain.

That time of the month already?

It's my pre tax season shower. I've found it makes my clients get their appointments in early as the ones that wait until April get the 3 month without effect.

Is anyone guilty of toxic masculinity (another word for just being a ****ing asshole) going to admit that they are toxic?

No.

Toxic Masculinity explored the world, tamed the west and won two world wars, thankyou.

It's such a loser meme. I mean, did anyone really think this through? Even if they were somehow able to define it, the exact same standards would be used to define toxic femininity. What about toxic lesbianism, or toxic transgenderism.. The whole thing is a nothing burger, and non defensible, it needs to be abandoned quick if the dems stand a chance in 2020.

Tim-

I never understood what it was.:roll:

Me neither . . so far it seems like one of those made up things along with the idea that "one side" is pushing it or responsible for it etc etc
a bunch of fantasy for people to get triggered and meltdown over like one poster here already did :)

Depends on who you talk to. Since this will be a subjective value, everyone will have their own opinion.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Me neither . . so far it seems like one of those made up things along with the idea that "one side" is pushing it or responsible for it etc etc
a bunch of fantasy for people to get triggered and meltdown over like one poster here already did :)

Superfly already defined as a male who is a ****ing asshole. Have you been an asshole at anytime in your life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheres the poll?
What is "toxic masculinity"?

BTW, I tried posting a poll, and I guess it didn't show up. I've been having connectivity problems lately so that may explain.

OH YA, my kind have been tagged for elimination.

You all have fun in UTOPIA!

I am not coming.

1.) That's a pretty toxic post
2.) so I think you know what it is. :lol:

3.) Superfly already defined as a male who is a fucking asshole. Have you been an asshole at anytime in your life?

BTW, I tried posting a poll, and I guess it didn't show up. I've been having connectivity problems lately so that may explain.

1.) why is it toxic? lol
2.) well you would think wrong cause i dont, seems like something made up or just a general discretion people are trying to use as a social epithet and it really isnt working.
3.) so it is, its something made up
4.) that sucks, been luck in my area service (connectivity at least) has been pretty steady for quite some time now.

1.) why is it toxic? lol
2.) well you would think wrong cause i dont, seems like something made up or just a general discretion people are trying to use as a social epithet and it really isnt working.
3.) so it is, its something made up
4.) that sucks, been luck in my area service (connectivity at least) has been pretty steady for quite some time now.

I'm just messing with you. Frankly I think using the phrase "toxic masculinity" is hate speech toward men.

Is anyone guilty of toxic masculinity (another word for just being a ****ing asshole) going to admit that they are toxic?

No.

Until a couple days ago, I'd never heard the latest LW phrase, but now apparently I are one. And that means f***ng asshole. I also that somewhere hidden in the new phrase is the implicit understanding that only white masculines need apply.

And the left doesn't understand why they aren't taken seriously.

I'm just messing with you. Frankly I think using the phrase "toxic masculinity" is hate speech toward men.
i know you are and im messing back

hate speech toward men? . .wow . . .

made up? yes
stupid? yes every example i have see so far whether it was somebody crying about wrong doing or it was somebody claiming men are underattack have all been stupid . . simple panic tactics.

this is one of those things thats not real like the attack on christmas etc and will simply come and pass or spring up again here and there and never actually have any real meaning except with the over emotional extremists in either direction

i know you are and im messing back

hate speech toward men? . .wow . . .

made up? yes
stupid? yes every example i have see so far whether it was somebody crying about wrong doing or it was somebody claiming men are underattack have all been stupid . . simple panic tactics.

this is one of those things thats not real like the attack on christmas etc and will simply come and pass or spring up again here and there and never actually have any real meaning except with the over emotional extremists in either direction

Yes, I think it's hate speech. Using the word "toxic" is meant to make men feel guilty about who they are. If men started talking like that that about women, there'd be a uproar rarely seen.

I do, but I'm working on it. I grew up with very strict definitions of what it is to be a man from my dad - at least at first, he came around, about the time he came out (yup, strange, I think he was overcompensating, whilst trying to come to terms with his reality), but my earliest years were mired in that, and as a result I didn't have a great relationship with my Dad for a long time...it took a lot for us to get close. I also have general anxiety disorder, which I suffered with a long time, almost resulting in losing everything (marriage, family, life) because it was "unmanly" to admit that kind of "weakness".

When I had my own son, I didn't want it to be like that. So, I forget all the macho stuff, and play with him, and hug him, and let him cry when things bother him or he's hurt - he's 6. I give my son all the love I can, without worrying if it seems sissy. Yes, I teach him strength, but not strength that comes from his having a ****, but from his person, his character.

Masculinity only became toxic when we added all the unnecessary nonsense to it, there's nothing inherently "toxic" about being masculine. It's an adjective. You can have fresh milk or spoiled milk. Same deal here. The reaction to this reflection on the part of many has been a pretty good example of male fragility, though.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom