• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you suffer from toxic masculinity?

Yes, I think it's hate speech. Using the word "toxic" is meant to make men feel guilty about who they are. If men started talking like that that about women, there'd be a uproar rarely seen.

nope thats exactly my point...thats what YOU feel and make up and thats the problem . .

its ALL made up . . . . theres no real definition so people use it in a made up fashion for whatever suits them . . then others turn around and claim what it means in a supportive way or protesting way . . again based their feelings and what they are making up and its all fantasy that works on certain people left right and center.

I absolutely do! It's terminal!

Until a couple days ago, I'd never heard the latest LW phrase, but now apparently I are one. And that means f***ng asshole. I also that somewhere hidden in the new phrase is the implicit understanding that only white masculines need apply.

And the left doesn't understand why they aren't taken seriously.

Where'd you read that? Cite your source, please.

I'm just messing with you. Frankly I think using the phrase "toxic masculinity" is hate speech toward men.

Um - no. Only the assholes.

If you see yourself as toxic, maybe that's something you should work on, instead of whining about how it applies to you.

I do, but I'm working on it. I grew up with very strict definitions of what it is to be a man from my dad - at least at first, he came around, about the time he came out (yup, strange, I think he was overcompensating, whilst trying to come to terms with his reality), but my earliest years were mired in that, and as a result I didn't have a great relationship with my Dad for a long time...it took a lot for us to get close. I also have general anxiety disorder, which I suffered with a long time, almost resulting in losing everything (marriage, family, life) because it was "unmanly" to admit that kind of "weakness".

When I had my own son, I didn't want it to be like that. So, I forget all the macho stuff, and play with him, and hug him, and let him cry when things bother him or he's hurt - he's 6. I give my son all the love I can, without worrying if it seems sissy. Yes, I teach him strength, but not strength that comes from his having a ****, but from his person, his character.

Masculinity only became toxic when we added all the unnecessary nonsense to it, there's nothing inherently "toxic" about being masculine. It's an adjective. You can have fresh milk or spoiled milk. Same deal here. The reaction to this reflection on the part of many has been a pretty good example of male fragility, though.... ;)
That's pure horse****. Do me a favor, invent a word like that for women, like "toxic feminity" or "toxic feminism" (even better), and get back to me on how that works for you.

Um - no. Only the assholes.

If you see yourself as toxic, maybe that's something you should work on, instead of whining about how it applies to you.

Your post is an example of toxic feminism.

That's pure horse****. Do me a favor, invent a word like that for women, like "toxic feminity" or "toxic feminism" (even better), and get back to me on how that works for you.

The terms bitch and doormat have been around for years - they get two terms to describe what folks view as negative aspects of their femininity. Why do you need my help with that? :shrug:

Also, asking a question, then ripping someone when they answer it sincerely, makes one an asshole, for future reference. Again...your male fragility is shining, bud.

Time to come out of the closet on toxic masculinity.

"In the days of my youth I was thought what it means to be a man.

Now I've reached that age I try to do all those things the best I can"

Work, provide shelter for my kin, defend that which is ours, fight when I have to, serve our country, avoid fighting when I can, drink to excess on occasion, respect my elders, keep the sanctity of marriage, shoot guns, ride motorcycles and help raise two awesome daughters....

If any of that is perceived as "toxic" so be it.

I can't help what others perceive.

"In the days of my youth I was thought what it means to be a man.

Now I've reached that age I try to do all those things the best I can"

Work, provide shelter for my kin, defend that which is ours, fight when I have to, serve our country, avoid fighting when I can, drink to excess on occasion, respect my elders, keep the sanctity of marriage, shoot guns, ride motorcycles and help raise two awesome daughters....

If any of that is perceived as "toxic" so be it.

I can't help what others perceive.

None of those things are examples of toxic masculinity.

Do you suffer from toxic masculinity?

:shrug:

Let me ask my wife.....

I have found women attractive and even flirted with them. I fought with other boys as a child and had a brawl or two as a grown man. Worst of all, I haven't taught my children to apologize for being boys.

My name is Keridan, and I suffer from toxic masculinity. The razor dudes told me so.

:lol:

I know you are, but what am I? That's what we've devolved to?

Change is hard...and scary. Toxic masculinity demands over the top confrontational response, however silly. I wonder if he understands he's proving the point...

Also telling how he refers to "toxic feminism", vs. "toxic femininity". I wonder if the mistake was intentional, or Freudian. ;)

It's such a loser meme. I mean, did anyone really think this through? Even if they were somehow able to define it, the exact same standards would be used to define toxic femininity. What about toxic lesbianism, or toxic transgenderism.. The whole thing is a nothing burger, and non defensible, it needs to be abandoned quick if the dems stand a chance in 2020.

Tim-

When feminists don't get laid they don't make plans to shoot up a public place and murder a bunch of innocent people.

Just sayin. ;)

That time of the month already?

You might think that your 'time of the month' reference is cute or funny, it's not. It's typical that some men would assume that because a woman is disagreeable or moody that it's all due to menstruation. Just like those misogynists who described the Women's March as “rabid feminists” and “crazies” who flew into “hysterics and tantrums” (when they weren’t being called “paid protesters”). Your comment is self-evident and there couldn't be a more perfect example of 'toxic masculinity' .

Wheres the poll?
What is "toxic masculinity"?

Toxic masculinity is a modern leftist snowflake term used by leftist losers to slander any man a leftist wants to demonize for any reason whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom