• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you suffer from anxiety disorders ?

Do you suffer from anxiety disorders ?

• Total voters
During an anxiety attack it may seem to you that you hardly breathe or will die if you can not breathe .you may not have a physical problem ,you just feel as if you will die . a remarkable Increase in palpilations ,a feel of getting drowned are symptoms .if it were a heart attack I would die more than once in every attack
I went through a period of about two years in my late 30s where I would get serious panic attacks (what you call anxiety attacks), and you are correct, they're scary and debilitating and have all the symptoms of a heart attack. You literally fear that you're going to die.

I never got them before then, and I rarely get them now, but I sure do remember them.

I am familiar with sleep deprivation....I have gone weeks with no REM, just periods in the night where time passes quickly. Being a recovering alcoholic/addict, I cannot have any anti-anxiety medication, or rather the ones I am abler to use don't work. I do have the depression diagnosis as well, and we have found the med that works as the best, and now we are treating the migraines with another SSRI.

You have me beat by five years, in may I will be 25.

Panic attacks more than suck. What drives me really crazy here is that its so hard to get any therapy. Until recently all they had were groups, making the excuse that they are more efficient. However most serious cases can't go in a room full of strangers, so they end up treating people were having. a difficult time adjusting to a new boss, and that sort of thing.

There's been improvements, and I'm getting and free art lessons so I guess that's what has to be,

Art lessons are fun. Took them from like 10 years old to my mid-teens (fine arts and commercial art). When I was about twelve years old, I used to work Saturdays at an art supply store. I sat in the display window doing oil paints. Not sure I gained us any customers, but what a way to learn a living at 12 years old. Unfortunately at 13 yrs old I discovered beer and girls. My art aspirations were pissed away - along with all of the beer I drank.

Well, you've been dealing with some super obstacles yourself. But all we can do is try to walk around them, climb over them, crawl under them, or fly over them.

Congrats on 25. It's all been worth it for me, and no doubt you'd agree.

Art lessons are fun. Took them from like 10 years old to my mid-teens (fine arts and commercial art). When I was about twelve years old, I used to work Saturdays at an art supply store. I sat in the display window doing oil paints. Not sure I gained us any customers, but what a way to learn a living at 12 years old. Unfortunately at 13 yrs old I discovered beer and girls. My art aspirations were pissed away - along with all of the beer I drank.

Well, you've been dealing with some super obstacles yourself. But all we can do is try to walk around them, climb over them, crawl under them, or fly over them.

Congrats on 25. It's all been worth it for me, and no doubt you'd agree.

I was 16 when I discovered pot, girls, and beer in that priority, and well there's been 50 years on going. No one who has put the drugs into them I have has any right to bitch about Menniere's or migraines, I have to remember I am only here by grace.

Being of Polish descent, we don't relent, It's fight, fight, fight even with overwhelming odds and to the bitter end. So many times I have had to simply accept the pain and say '**** it' I'm going anyway. I am so stubborn I sat through 3 periods of NHL hockey with the sirens and blaring sound effects because the tickets were free and I had not been to a game in awhile.

In the best of health I view life as a gift, problems as learning opportunities and the saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Don't ask what it's like when I'm at my worst. However whenever I am, I know I can always and without fail get out of it by helping someone worse off. At all times guys like you and I must remember there ARE people who have it worse

I was 16 when I discovered pot, girls, and beer in that priority, and well there's been 50 years on going. No one who has put the drugs into them I have has any right to bitch about Menniere's or migraines, I have to remember I am only here by grace.

Being of Polish descent, we don't relent, It's fight, fight, fight even with overwhelming odds and to the bitter end. So many times I have had to simply accept the pain and say '**** it' I'm going anyway. I am so stubborn I sat through 3 periods of NHL hockey with the sirens and blaring sound effects because the tickets were free and I had not been to a game in awhile.

In the best of health I view life as a gift, problems as learning opportunities and the saying "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Don't ask what it's like when I'm at my worst. However whenever I am, I know I can always and without fail get out of it by helping someone worse off. At all times guys like you and I must remember there ARE people who have it worse

I'm told that I'm of Irish and Georgia Outlaw descent who made their way to Texas and became East Texas moonshiners and bootleggers. So guess I just followed the family tradition in some respects. As for the rest of your comments, So, true, FL, so true.

I do have some issues with anxiety, usually relating to performance in some fashion or another. By nature, I'm a bit of an OCD perfectionist, and I really don't like to fail, or underpeform, as such. Working to avoid that can occasionally stress me out.

However, I'd hardly say that it's "debilitating" in any sense. I can manage it well enough, and it only rarely becomes an issue to begin with.

I don't really have "attacks," per se, either. I can only think of two instances where I may have been close to something resembling one.

as social drinker ?

My answer was tongue in cheek.

However, your thread raises serious issues, so time for Urethra to be sensible for once. Seriously, despite the obvious dangers of alcohol abuse, alcohol in moderation is a great relaxant and anxiolitic. Why do you think the French have apéro, wine with meal and then digestif? No, I don't advocate sitting alone on a park bench with a can of Tenants Extra at 10am, but I believe in the benefits of sensible, social drinking. And, drivers excepted, there is nothing more boring than "ooh I don't drink" saint.

My answer was tongue in cheek.

However, your thread raises serious issues, so time for Urethra to be sensible for once. Seriously, despite the obvious dangers of alcohol abuse, alcohol in moderation is a great relaxant and anxiolitic. Why do you think the French have apéro, wine with meal and then digestif? No, I don't advocate sitting alone on a park bench with a can of Tenants Extra at 10am, but I believe in the benefits of sensible, social drinking. And, drivers excepted, there is nothing more boring than "ooh I don't drink" saint.

And i have never found a self promoting dry alcoholic who I want to spend any time with.

Back
Top Bottom