• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you remember your first friends here on DP?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I think lizzie was my first. <3

,pinkie , and then gina

both two were my only friends for months in dp

l still miss pinkie

The first person I recall paying particular attention to their posts was MaggieD as she seems the most practical level-headed poster on the forum to me even though I disagree with her from time to time. One of the posters I don't often agree with and think I may have blocked early on and then unblocked was Conservative. He always have links and sources and reasoned positions I can respect even if I disagree with him.

Tasha...I loved her avatars.

Why?

I know I have people that agree with me.

I've never thought of the internet as a tool to make "friends."

Actually I met this one dude on Mplayer who could get pounds of weed for like 500 and we became good friends - but that **** was back in the 90's...

10-15 years ago.

The first person I recall paying particular attention to their posts was MaggieD as she seems the most practical level-headed poster on the forum to me even though I disagree with her from time to time. One of the posters I don't often agree with and think I may have blocked early on and then unblocked was Conservative. He always have links and sources and reasoned positions I can respect even if I disagree with him.

That is so sweet, Fisher! Thank you!

Viktyr fascinated me from our very first encounter. He was very different, but articulated himself so well with such clarity of thought, that even when I disagreed with him I was always interested in what he had to say.

Apologies to the many others I might also have mentioned, this is off the top of my head...

Actually I met this one dude on Mplayer who could get pounds of weed for like 500 and we became good friends - but that **** was back in the 90's...

10-15 years ago.

The fact that you are talking about weed, Mr. Nick, makes this post hilarious! :rofl

I remember my first enemy: Gardener (No more though) ;)
I remember my second enemy, too. That hasn't changed. :rofl

maggiee

l thought they all were my enemies except gina and pinkie:lol:

funny days

now l have many friends whom l want to see one day

**Waits for it.....**

I came to DP with a large number of emigres from Politico and they were my first friends on the site but I've met many other very nice and interesting people - DP is a good place to call home.

I came to DP with a large number of emigres from Politico and they were my first friends on the site but I've met many other very nice and interesting people - DP is a good place to call home.

very dangerous addiction!

I remember my first enemy here too - more an irritation like a blister on your heal - but after being enlessly infracted, I was introduced to the ignore function and I've found the cure to irritation is just a few keystrokes away.

Thankyou.

I have been waiting all my life for a woman to think of me as the bad boy.

Finally!!

My first here was B L Zeebub.

A terrific fellow, a fine Brit and I miss him quite a bit.

I followed a few friends over here from PCF, so I already knew Di, Thrilla, Tech and a few others. I think the first person who was nice to me was Maggie. She and I usually see eye to eye on most things. The first person who was mean to me was Oscar. :lol:

I followed a few friends over here from PCF, so I already knew Di, Thrilla, Tech and a few others. I think the first person who was nice to me was Maggie. She and I usually see eye to eye on most things. The first person who was mean to me was Oscar. :lol:

first becomes mean then turns to sweety :lol:

You folks need to be more social..

Real friends are rare.

I do remember the first person to send me a friends request, because I found it surprising. :lol: I was still new to online discussion forums, and I received a request from Kali, then when I read some of her posts, I was puzzled as to why she would like me, because we so rarely seem to agree. She's a sweetheart, though, which I came to realize after I got to know her through her posts. Very sensitive and sweet.

I'm getting hot just thinking about that!

If I remember correctly the first friend request was TGND. There was also a user from the site I came from who has managed to get banned wherever he goes.

I haven't been here long enough to offend anyone, so all posters seem like friends.
No one has actually threatened to strangle me....yet.
Although I suspect my fellow Californian, Apacherat, might want to.
My only two official friends, Solaris and Foghit, are currently on hiatus...maybe I offended them.:)

Back
Top Bottom